Poll: Do you think GMs need to enforce rules more?
This poll is closed.
Yes 57.14% 4 57.14%
No 42.86% 3 42.86%
Total 7 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Extreme lack of Rule enforcement?
elehifi Offline

Extreme lack of Rule enforcement?

Over the past few weeks, I have come to notice quite a few rules being abused... and yet it seems no GM's respond to these?

Before I get into this topic, I am going to put down a little example of what I am referring to.

Wizard in town is spamming Ice wall constantly. You ask the wizard to stop, telling him it's against the rules. He either ignores you, or says "why". So, out of dickery, he decides to spam ice wall, LoV, SG and MS. Again, you ask him not too. He says "just turn the effects off. That's why it's there." Well, you don't feel like arguing with someone who, is obviously, a moron. So you ask a GM to do something. Well, GMs are one of two things 1) non-existant, or 2) won't do anything because they know that particular person on their "non-GM names".

Now. You reply to someone being a complete dick to you, so you tell them to [insert curse] off. You then get a GM pming you, telling you if you swear again your banned.

I have been noticing a lot of this lately. Wizards in town just spam the crap out of there spells, basically out of boredom.

This, inevitably SCREWS people who are "loading" into Prontera.

Ever been logging on, or warping back to town, and you get such a massive spike of lag because some [insert curse] was being annoying? My game has completely frozen multiple times because of this.

Not only is it messing with people loading, but people sitting there, trying to have a conversation. Makes it hard to see the text bubbles over the head, and the writing in the text box.

I think the worst part of this... is people who seem to talk to GMs more often on main and in town, seem to have a lot more lenience when it comes to breaking the rules...

Odds are i'm going to have a GM nail my ass to a wall for this post, because this game seems pretty "if your anti-GM, your not allowed to speak" but, i'm fine with that.

I would just LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to see something actually done to people breaking rules in game. I'v seen people sitting in town talking to GMs, swearing and cursing, and the GM pays no notice to it... I wonder why?

Why should people the GMs have more of a "friendly ingame connection with" have more power to break the rules then other people?

Why aren't they reinforcing the rules, that you READ when you MAKE A CHARACTER?

Do you agree or disagree?

I am willing to bet everyone disagrees, because, again. Everyone who is hardcore into this game, is friends with the GMs. And mostly the hardcore players go on the forums.
10-09-2009 05:48 PM
Find all posts by this user
Sepharius Offline
:3

RE: Extreme lack of Rule enforcement?

Lax enforcement creates excessive rule breaking.

Strict enforcement has everyone calling you a fascist.

Frankly, some people here are really annoying and sort of, like, I don't know, whine when the mods/GMs actually try to do their job (at least the moderators, who have the ability to mute). I guess that's why neither mods nor GMs do much about it.

As for the case of swearing back at a guy who's a dick, screenshot, ticket. That's what it's there for. Don't break another rule just to get back at him.

And in general, screenshot+report is your best friend in most cases. Except KS, that one is kind of hard to screenshot. Stupid Hill Winds. =\

[Image: chibiscorp.jpg]
Want Third class sprites? Click here!
10-09-2009 06:01 PM
elehifi Offline

RE:??Extreme lack of Rule enforcement?

Sepharius Wrote:Lax enforcement creates excessive rule breaking.

Strict enforcement has everyone calling you a fascist.

Frankly, some people here are really annoying and sort of, like, I don't know, whine when the mods/GMs actually try to do their job (at least the moderators, who have the ability to mute). I guess that's why neither mods nor GMs do much about it.

As for the case of swearing back at a guy who's a dick, screenshot, ticket. That's what it's there for. Don't break another rule just to get back at him.

And in general, screenshot+report is your best friend in most cases. Except KS, that one is kind of hard to screenshot. Stupid Hill Winds. =\

Ya. Well apparently Circe "saw me swear". But The 3 seconds before that with the guy insulting me and spamming spells, didn't get seen. Real coincidence.. *rolls eyes*
10-09-2009 06:19 PM
Kenshiro-san Offline
Somebody say Sohee?

Number one, yes wizards casting spells on towns are annoying, which is why I decided to stop logging so much on mine.

Number two,
MOST GMs I've seen on do enforce the rules, but sometimes they have a lot of patience (and if you ever decided to read the GM/Mod application it is a requirement) and warn before doing anything.

If you really do not like Wizards spamming those spells (neither do I, but then again I try not to go to those areas :\) just screenie and send in a support ticket. It's not that hard, and it WILL get the job done, I've done so a few times and have received replies very quickly. Most of all you can keep watch of the situation and if you feel like your matter is ignored, you can then bother them about it? xD

I do agree some people too close to GMs seem to have a better chance to get away with rule breaking.
However, on a personal note, calling someone an insult on main won't solve the problem, for future reference. =_=

Click on ->[Image: Smiley7.gif]<- to know about Algid Skepcis! We're so awesome not even Naruto believes it.

Characters:
Kenshiro-san - Priest - XX/50 - Algid Skepcis
Whisps - Ninja - XX/XX - Algid Skepcis

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2009 06:23 PM by Kenshiro-san.)
10-09-2009 06:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Naruhodo Offline
Ace Attorney

Is there an actual heRO rule against wizards using spells like Ice Wall in town? I didn't find one when I looked on the rules thread: http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=1027

However, if wizard spell spamming is making you lag, and you respectfully ask the person to stop, and they respond back to you rudely, then they are breaking the rules. You can take a screenshot of the disrespectful things they said, and make a ticket about it. The GMs should then be able to respond and perhaps talk to the wizard in question, and ask them to be more respectful to you.

I get annoyed with spell spamming in Prontera too, but there is no specific rule about it as far as I know, so the best thing to do would be to respectfully talk with the spell spammer and work it out. If nothing can be worked out, and the lag "hinders your playing experience," you may use that rule to get assistance too.

Edit: Just remember that you will probably need a screenshot of the issue if you want a mod or GM to help you.

[Image: tumblr_ox8eztGfqD1rtqyteo1_400.jpg]

I'm back?
Naruhodo, 99/70 Champ
Naruhodo Ryuuichi, 99/70 Whitesmith
Edgeworth, Sniper
Lawrence Moe Curls, Bard
Father Totoro, Priest
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2009 06:47 PM by Naruhodo.)
10-09-2009 06:45 PM
elehifi Offline

Well i'm glad to see im not the only person kinda peeved with all this. I'm not going to fight against GMs though. No possible win. :/
10-09-2009 07:40 PM
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

I lag during WoE horribly, Sometimes to the point that I crash, and there was a whine ages ago about lagging while other mobbed in the same area.

I do think that this falls under respect other players, but saying no to a player that asks you to stop casting spells isn't disrespectful. If you lag thats because of your own horrible connection. Your connection simply cannot load areas with high traffic. I have horrible lag in Pront by default because of the traffic it gets. There is always someone spamming their attacks, Wiz, Sage, Bard, Crusader, what ever.

As for judgment on rude behavior, you can screenshot, but its been proven some people here have a different definition to the word rude behavior. Some of the more popular people that whine in main or cause a lot of drama in main are usually very rude to others yet its easily seen as accepted. Just avoid Pront as much as you can. Thats really the only thing you can do with a weak connection. I try to avoid the front area as much as I can to avoid lag.

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
10-09-2009 07:44 PM
Neuneck Offline
Back on the road!

Rules Post Wrote:Final rule
Lastly, if by your action(s) or inaction(s) you cause harm or seriously hinder another character's playing experience, punishments may be given according to the severity of the action(s) or inaction(s).

I think especially Ice walling, but also spamming laggy spells in prontera or other towns falls under this category.

Mr Moe - 99/69 SinX
Mr Satch - 9x/6x Clown
Mr Power - Xx/Xx Whitesmith
Mr Strafe - 9x/50 Hunter - Coffee Break
Mr Heal - 9x/50 Priest
10-09-2009 07:47 PM
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

Neuneck Wrote:
Rules Post Wrote:Final rule
Lastly, if by your action(s) or inaction(s) you cause harm or seriously hinder another character's playing experience, punishments may be given according to the severity of the action(s) or inaction(s).

I think especially Ice walling, but also spamming laggy spells in prontera or other towns falls under this category.

I bring up the old issue with Mobbing seal.

The player could have used that rule in his defense, but when it came down to it, it was stop whining and go level somewhere else. The player whined because of the lag that some people put while mobbing seal gave him. It hindered his play. Hell WoE hinders my play experience whether I compete or not. You will find lag somewhere. I'll lag with a lot of monsters on my screen. These are usually cases that I can't do anything about unless the monsters were pulled through a mob but i can't ask them to stop mobbing or I'd be hindering their play. Just go some other town that isn't as bad. If you HAVE to go to pront, buy the izuld warp, warp there instead and wal to Pront to avoid the traffic area.

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
10-09-2009 07:52 PM
Kenshiro-san Offline
Somebody say Sohee?

It's not going against GMs, it's a suggestion for improvement. If you know how to state it correctly of course.

Click on ->[Image: Smiley7.gif]<- to know about Algid Skepcis! We're so awesome not even Naruto believes it.

Characters:
Kenshiro-san - Priest - XX/50 - Algid Skepcis
Whisps - Ninja - XX/XX - Algid Skepcis

10-09-2009 07:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed