Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Guild Tax cap increase?
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

RE: Guild Tax cap increase?

Sure, I'll read your posts if you promise to read mine as well Icon_biggrin. I've stated that initially there will be a rush of WoE guilds that will be created...but eventually the "weaker" ones will die off and the people in those guilds will spread out into the guilds that have become well established.

Level 17 in two weeks...if you mean 2 solid weeks of time(as in 24 hours a day)...then yeah...of course that is very possible. However, if your talking about actual playing time...that isn't really the case anymore. Not sure about you, but many people have other priorities to deal with as well, i.e. school, work, etc.; doubt most can afford to play 5+ hours a day.

Also, if your still trying to level your guild, why are you so against this?! Wouldn't it help you as well?
10-22-2009 03:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

Jagger...you're just fishing now.

Kulluminatii Wrote:God...I wish there was a /facepalm emote. How does allowing people (or noobs as you call them) to level guilds easier automatically = that WoE will suffer? How do you reach that conclusion?

I would think that more guilds would mean more people WoEing...which would lead to a much more intense WoE. Yet by your logic, WoE will suffer if more people participate?

I agree with this 100%

and before you fish for more or bring up mandatory taxing again...

my guild, Geonosis is probably one of the oldest running still active guilds on Hero Mkay? I was around when LW wasn't even off the ground, big names like LoA were still duking it out and making drama, Bloody was still amassing his l33tness, and even now my guild isn't half the level of guild's that have been here a week. Does this make my guild any less of a guild?

If I chose early on to impose a mandatory tax, do you think I'd have a stable reputation, or folks would want to be in my guild at all, seeing as we're not WoE ready.

But I chose instead to tax myself to level the guild, and if I'd rather 100% tax myself than tax everyone else 1% that's my choice.

So increasing the guild tax cap would prop more guilds up into that beefy level range where WoE guilds fall (76/76 capacity)??Geonosis is still at max of 46 btw. Btw; I've always found increasing capacity to suffer the most from the principle of diminishing returns.

Now perhaps woe-ing has nothing to do with how many people fit in one guild, most woeing parties aren't more than 10 people (arbitrary number)

Well you want more intense woe right? Start funneling social guild members into a hybrid social / WoE guild, that would be helped by a higher tax cap in increasing its capacity, so you can see more intense woes.

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2009 04:15 AM by Motenai_Ronin.)
10-22-2009 04:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lord Adjuchas Offline

actualy im against it coz u guys whine and want it easy for ur selves where other guild have work reall hard to get where they are at.. e.g. LOA, DD, ect ect
more guilds how does that even work 3 people in a guild woeing?... 3 actual people with 5 alts each in the guild hows that gunna make any more intense woe
90% of people cant even lead guilds yet they still make em..

+ if lvling a guild will be made so easy as 70%-80% it will be nothing special to have a high lvl guild
which u work hard to obtain rite now... thats what i think...

edit: side not, i do find lvl my guild much more fun then lvling my self.. all the contribution u give it shows ur devotion to the guild... and it AWESOME!Kissy2

[Image: siggymonkey.jpg]
JaggerJack 99/70 champ
GrimJaw 99/69 sinx
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2009 04:19 AM by Lord Adjuchas.)
10-22-2009 04:16 AM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

RE:??Guild Tax cap increase?

Lord Adjuchas Wrote:actualy im against it coz u guys whine and want it easy for ur selves where other guild have work reall hard to get where they are at.. e.g. LOA, DD, ect ect
more guilds how does that even work 3 people in a guild woeing?... 3 actual people with 5 alts each in the guild hows that gunna make any more intense woe
90% of people cant even lead guilds yet they still make em..

+ if lvling a guild will be made so easy as 70%-80% it will be nothing special to have a high lvl guild
which u work hard to obtain rite now... thats what i think...

How many people have helped level those top guilds though? They were able to have quite a few players to tax that are almost impossible to achieve nowadays (in new guilds). If you haven't notice, people have started to leave heRO, and the amount of new players joining has slowed down.

And what point are you trying to make with the bolded statement? If your referring to the guild I co-run, we have 3 leaders and about 3-4 new players so far. WE didn't make the guild so that just us 3 could non-trans WoESweat.

And I will agree with you that not many people can lead guilds, however, that does not mean they do not have the right to make one. Who knows, they by themselves probably can't run a guild, but if they were to merge with another guild and have another leader...they may be able to.

Also, does anyone really give a damn how you have leveled your guild? I could care less if you leveled your guild to 17 by yourself or with 50 friends helping you...the end result is the same. You don't get bonus points for being able to solo-level your guild, but if that makes you feel happy, more power to ya.
10-22-2009 04:26 AM
Lord Adjuchas Offline

Kulluminatii Wrote:Also, does anyone really give a damn how you have leveled your guild? I could care less if you leveled your guild to 17 by yourself or with 50 friends helping you...the end result is the same. You don't get bonus points for being able to solo-level your guild, but if that makes you feel happy, more power to ya.

that being said it only proves that ur lazy and u want it easy to lvl ur guild...
also a friend of mine made a guild about 1 week ago..
she has no 99 trans players at all and the guild is alrdy lvl 10..
so yeah its also your responsobility as a "leader" to try and get people contributing offer them something for taxes. that wil lget them going get em excited to reach xx amount of exp for a reward...

P.S: i dont care if any one cares if i lvl my guild or not i was jsut making a point, hard work allways pays off! even if u get nothing special for lvling it it makes me feel good and i dont care what others think.

JaggerJack 99/70 champ
GrimJaw 99/69 sinx
10-22-2009 04:33 AM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Ok, label me as being lazy for wanting to level my guild efficiently. I can't believe that you can't seem to grasp what I am trying to say though. Are you leveling using a character that is lvl 99? If so, what is happening to the 50% that isn't being taxed? Your perfectly ok with the fact that it is wasted? And if your not 99, fine, grind all you want with 50% tax...that's your choice.

I agree with the fact that hard work pays off, but this is a damn game, and while RO isn't meant to be easy, this pay-to-play system of guild leveling isn't logical for a private server, especially a low-rate such as heRO.

If having to put in more work then you should have to really makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, play a server with lower rates than iRO...that should be fun Icon_biggrin.
10-22-2009 04:47 AM
Lord Adjuchas Offline

naw im not trying to offend you in any way. i know ur a smart guy and all.
its jsut the point im making you want it easy

therefore i can say the same thing to you if u want it so much easier go to 50/50/20 server or something.(i dont want you out of this server or anything jsut a reaction to your offer for me to play lower rate).

and its not a flawd way to lvl guild offering people reward, your not paying them for exp ur rewarding them for there work and contribution.

and no im lvling a guild with a lvl 98 character .

JaggerJack 99/70 champ
GrimJaw 99/69 sinx
10-22-2009 04:56 AM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

Motenai_Ronin Wrote:my guild, Geonosis is probably one of the oldest running still active guilds on Hero Mkay? I was around when LW wasn't even off the ground, big names like LoA were still duking it out and making drama, Bloody was still amassing his l33tness, and even now my guild isn't half the level of guild's that have been here a week. Does this make my guild any less of a guild?

Dude, if Neo were still around, OoC would've been 50 years ago.

X_X

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
10-22-2009 04:57 AM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Lord Adjuchas Wrote:naw im not trying to offend you in any way. i know ur a smart guy and all.
its jsut the point im making you want it easy

therefore i can say the same thing to you if u want it so much easier go to 50/50/20 server or something.(i dont want you out of this server or anything jsut a reaction to your offer for me to play lower rate).

and its not a flawd way to lvl guild offering people reward, your not paying them for exp ur rewarding them for there work and contribution.

and no im lvling a guild with a lvl 98 character .

I am not trying to offend you either, but there is a difference between wanting things easy and wanting this to make sense/work logically. Think of it like this, once your 99, are you still perfectly fine with "losing" half your exp that could go towards leveling your guild? Yes, if this increase occurs, it will make things easier...but is that such a bad thing? Is it completely illogical to think you should be able to get the most out of the exp you gain?

I don't believe its flawed at all to offer rewards as an incentive for guildies to help level, and was actually thinking about implementing something like that into my guild.

Also, I am the one who started this thread, so yeah, I do want it this change to happen. But I am definitely not the only one, and I am sure a lot of people would appreciate this as well.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the only reason you want the guild tax cap to stay the same is because you believe it will become too easy to level guilds? And that "noob" guilds will pop up left and right?

How about looking at the possible positives as well? A increase of guilds will help boost the poor WoE we have atm on heRO. More guilds naturally means more people WoEing, which means more people buying gear/items and helping heRO's economy improve (even though it is fairly good right now). WoE is one of the key aspects of RO, and if new players see that the WoE here in heRO is intense...they are more likely to stay.

Yeah, I am stretching a bit here, but all of this is very possible. Will increasing the cap solve things overnight? Of course not, but it will help...that I am sure of.
10-22-2009 05:15 AM
Lord Adjuchas Offline

Kulluminatii Wrote:How about looking at the possible positives as well? A increase of guilds will help boost the poor WoE we have atm on heRO. More guilds naturally means more people WoEing, which means more people buying gear/items and helping heRO's economy improve (even though it is fairly good right now). WoE is one of the key aspects of RO, and if new players see that the WoE here in heRO is intense...they are more likely to stay.

true i can agree with that but then again why do you need a high lvl guild to WoE? most guild leaders never even use guild skills so as long as you get guild aproval your good to go and woe. even more u got a non trans guild there for it takes u guys 5x shorter to get to 99's so then u can spend more time lvling your guild. is that correct?

edit: u can also lvl ur guild while hunting gears an such there for its a win/win

about exp "wasting" its somewhat balanced say u have 80% exp tax
and slay kiel u get 8million to ur guild right there >.>
or slay one bio lab3 monster u get what 400k guild exp a kill? that just makes no scnce u can get ur guild 50 in a month >.>

my point is that there will be nothing special to having a higher lvl guild. where now it actualy is somewhat special.

JaggerJack 99/70 champ
GrimJaw 99/69 sinx
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2009 05:23 AM by Lord Adjuchas.)
10-22-2009 05:22 AM