Poll: Should guild tax cap be changed?
Yes, increase the cap limit.
No, keep it the same.
Other (please explain).
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should guild tax cap be changed?
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Should guild tax cap be changed?

Refer to this "heated" thread for more info: http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=11966

I'll quote my first post because it holds my arguments for why I am for it.
Kulluminatii Wrote:Was wondering, is it possible to increase guild tax cap from 50% to something like 70%?

A earlier thread concerning the lack of WoE guilds, and as a result lack of WoE competition, made me consider this as one of the possible solutions.

A 20% hike in guild exp gained is fairly significant, and might encourage those that want to start a guild, but are unsure due to the time needed to level, to go ahead and make one.

More WoE guilds = a better WoE experience overall, no?

I've been trying to think of a downside to this for a while now (just so I can cover both sides), and honestly, the only "downside" I could think of is a flood of WoE guilds being created. But I can see that fixing itself in time as the people who are dedicated to making a WoE guild prosper, and those that aren't disband their guild and join another one.

Today's WoE wasn't exactly the best this server has seen. Only one break throughout the??duration of WoE if I'm not mistaken, and it took two guilds to do so.

From what I know so far, the only guilds being created for non-trans is mine, and a *possible* guild created by members of Behe (can never get a straight answer from them Mad ). I do hope more guilds pop up in time.

So, what do you guys think? Should this change happen?

To summarize, somewhat. Should the guild tax cap be changed from 50%, to something along the lines of 70-75%...even 100%?

If you disagree, why? Do you believe we should keep with the "status quo" we have been following? Or do you believe something else needs to be done?
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2009 03:20 PM by Kulluminatii.)
10-22-2009 05:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Herman Offline
Tank of your Dreams

RE: Should guild tax cap be changed?

status quo ftw

retired except for..

the Herman Zeny Sink event of 2011.. 3.5b drained and
counting..
10-22-2009 06:00 AM
~Altera~ Offline
I'VE GOT BLISTERS ON MAH FINGERS

It's really not a big deal O_O If your guild is big enough to WoE well are big enough to lvl up for recall...

~Altera lvl 99/70 Sniper ~ : Altera lvl 9x/50 Wizard ~
Altera~ lvl 96/50 Sin ~ : ~Altera~ lvl 9x/6x High Priest ~
"heRO is a worthy server, that Altera doesn't deserve!"

[Image: basebelong-1.jpg]
10-22-2009 07:36 AM
F.x Offline
Bob Lawblaw's Law Blog

increase is good because the faster u can lvl up a guild, the easier it will be to start a woe guild/recruit for woe guild.

but i think it will only make a slight difference even if it's increased to 100%

Fanimus             - Whitesmith
Clowning Around - Clown
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2009 10:25 AM by F.x.)
10-22-2009 10:09 AM
Sakurato Away
Full Support Copycat

Leveling a guild to woe is PART of WoEing if you can't even do that with 50% tax don't bother WoEing, please.

With increased rates on hero it directly effects guild exp as well as I said.

hero could could be 5x/5x/3x/2.5x!(<--Gexp lol)

I don't see how you are leveling a guild 250% faster than normal yet you STILL want more? Go to higher rates then.

Kohana|Sinx
Euphorie|Champ
Sonatina|Gypsy
Sakurato|High Priest
Nozomi|Whitesmith
Sakura|Professor
Frejya|Sniper
Ayami|Creator
Anei|Stalker
Fumiko|High Wizard
10-22-2009 10:19 AM
Lord Adjuchas Offline

Sakurato Wrote:Leveling a guild to woe is PART of WoEing if you can't even do that with 50% tax don't bother WoEing, please.

With increased rates on hero it directly effects guild exp as well as I said.

hero could could be 5x/5x/3x/2.5x!(<--Gexp lol)

I don't see how you are leveling a guild 250% faster than normal yet you STILL want more? Go to higher rates then.

+1 sakurato

[Image: siggymonkey.jpg]
JaggerJack 99/70 champ
GrimJaw 99/69 sinx
10-22-2009 11:14 AM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

Yes please.

I would love to see Kiriashi's guild tax if he went to 100% He's already about 2.5 BILLION exp donated to Behe and has broken the donation system to the point that his % on the guild list is negative, so yes, I would like to see just how bad Kiri could break the tax system.

Check the guild list for kicks- http://www.hero-server.net/cp/guild_stan...dc6c12be5e

You'll also like the Izael donation. He's just recently hit his 1 billion mark, and I would love to see him released to 100% in hopes to ever touch Kiri's 2.5 bil. (and remember kids, this is at 50% tax so that means that they respectively have gained 2 and 5 billion exp each while on tax)
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2009 12:02 PM by Adrillf.)
10-22-2009 11:57 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Heh I reached near a billion tax on a PROF in DD ;O
Jen kicked my prof out recently in NE and I was really close to 600mil on that. Mentioning Jen she's at 1.5bil in NE now *wait till I kick her out for kicks Evil*

Anyway we'd have a lot of level 50 guilds on here if we did tax ourselves anymore than we did, again I don't care if we change it or not, as I don't think its hard to level a guild to level 12-14 for guild recall. ;O

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
10-22-2009 12:16 PM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

I just got recall..... at lvl 13

I don't have 76 capacity yet Cry

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
10-22-2009 02:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

The results (so far) are a little surprising. I was thinking that members of already established guilds would all vote no, and members from newer/less established guilds would all vote yes...so far its a mix Icon_suprised.
10-22-2009 02:33 PM