Poll: Should guild tax cap be changed?
Yes, increase the cap limit.
No, keep it the same.
Other (please explain).
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should guild tax cap be changed?
~Altera~ Offline
I'VE GOT BLISTERS ON MAH FINGERS

RE: Should guild tax cap be changed?

I think most people will tend to be indifferent. As I/Saku stated before, if you can't lvl a guild you're not ready for WoE ;o

~Altera lvl 99/70 Sniper ~ : Altera lvl 9x/50 Wizard ~
Altera~ lvl 96/50 Sin ~ : ~Altera~ lvl 9x/6x High Priest ~
"heRO is a worthy server, that Altera doesn't deserve!"

[Image: basebelong-1.jpg]
10-22-2009 02:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Its not the question about whether you can't level it...everyone can level it given the time (if they have it). Guilds like Behemoth and NE already have an advantage to new guilds. Besides the fact that they are set guild level-wise, they also (overall) are pretty well geared. So if one was deciding on whether or not to make the jump and create a WoE guild...I would imagine they would consider the large disadvantages ahead of them. It's almost as if they are destined to fail Icon_eek.
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2009 02:53 PM by Kulluminatii.)
10-22-2009 02:51 PM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

did the one voting other explain?

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
10-22-2009 02:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

No Icon_cry
10-22-2009 02:55 PM
Rankin Offline
Durp

perhaps having a 100% tax would help other guilds join WoE...? WoE is boring right now so we need more. More guilds that level up faster could possibly bring WoE back sooner than later...
10-22-2009 02:55 PM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

RE:??Should guild tax cap be changed?

Rankin Wrote:perhaps having a 100% tax would help other guilds join WoE...? WoE is boring right now so we need more. More guilds that level up faster could possibly bring WoE back sooner than later...

Thats what I am hoping will happen if this change occurred Icon_wink.
10-22-2009 02:59 PM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

A group of people (I'll say, an average necro party of priest, bard, wizard, hunter, knight) with one necromancer kill can AT MINIMUM (these calculations do not include tags, or the exp bonus you get for just having a party) get 112,500 guild exp a kill.

Level 11 guild is 350,000,000 G-exp. That's only about 3,111 necromancers. That might sound like a lot, but considering that if you're smart you only need 11 to get lvl 1 aproval, lvl 1 guardian research, lvl 5 guild extension, lvl 1 battle orders, lvl 1 emergency recal.

If you only want people to just be part of WoE, for that you only need guild level 2- just to get guild aproval. Lvl 2 exp needed? That's only 2,000,000 or only 18 necromancers.

I would like this just to watch the 'old guys' run around and get lvl 50 guilds and have all of the guild skills unlocked. Do I think it's neccisary for new guilds to have it so they can participate in WoE? No.
10-22-2009 03:23 PM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

I am aiming for just level 11, which is enough for a non-trans guild.

And I guess one "downside" would be older guilds will level faster as well, but so be it if it gives new guilds the chance to get a faster start on the leveling portion of making a woe guild so that they can focus on the gearing part.
10-22-2009 03:34 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE:??Should guild tax cap be changed?

Kulluminatii Wrote:Its not the question about whether you can't level it...everyone can level it given the time (if they have it). Guilds like Behemoth and NE already have an advantage to new guilds. Besides the fact that they are set guild level-wise, they also (overall) are pretty well geared. So if one was deciding on whether or not to make the jump and create a WoE guild...I would imagine they would consider the large disadvantages ahead of them. It's almost as if they are destined to fail Icon_eek.

Behemoth started out the same way compared to LW and LoA (the two biggest powers when Behemoth joined the server).??So, yea, new guilds will have to make the decision about disadvantages...but, unless they find a brand new server, they will have to face the same problem anywhere they go.??

Again, I'm neither for nor against this, just throwing points out there for consideration.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2009 04:08 PM by azurerogue.)
10-22-2009 04:08 PM
Hann Offline

With leveling guilds, I think it should be a group effort, not just individuals who hit 99 and got nothing to do. And if you actually do have enough people in your guild to actually have a good shot at WoE, it's not difficult to powerlevel the guild for a bit with everyone's efforts.

Therefore I don't think increasing guild tax cap is necessary. I don't even see it boosting WoE activity; If your guild isn't even willing to devote a little time to level the guild, they probably won't last for long in the WoE scene anyway.
10-22-2009 04:09 PM