Poll: Should guild tax cap be changed?
Yes, increase the cap limit.
No, keep it the same.
Other (please explain).
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should guild tax cap be changed?
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

RE: Should guild tax cap be changed?

For those not paying attention to the other thread (I made this mistake earlier) Panda has already ruled against this idea.

GM-Pandora Wrote:Thanks for the suggestion, but no thanks. I see no reason to up the tax, I don't think it will create more woe guild, if someone is dedicated they will simply work for it as others have done before them, and an extra 20% or 25% tax will not suddenly make people "zomg I totally gotta woe now/make a woe guild".

The Panda has spoken.
10-22-2009 04:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Still doesn't mean she can't change her mind once hearing what everyone has to say. I'll just post my response to what you stated in the other thread here as well.

Quote:No offense to the GMs, but they aren't always right. Not saying they are wrong on this subject; Im just trying to make sure they see both sides. Alde had its flaws, and it took a thread (a lengthy one at that) to fix it. I guess we'll see if the fix pays off on December 6th. Also, its nice to see what everyone thinks...I hope more people will post what they think about this subject.
10-22-2009 04:36 PM
Guillermo Offline
Paladin of your dreams

SugarRush leveled fairly quick =o We did fairly well against Bamboo when we did nontrans woe Icon_biggrin It just takes time and dedication to get your guild where you want it. If the guild really wants to level up they will do so =3 I personally don't see a point to increasing tax any higher.
10-22-2009 04:45 PM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Are you guys still going to do non-trans WoE? I've seen a few of your players around, but never knew you guys participated in non-trans.
10-22-2009 04:47 PM
Guillermo Offline
Paladin of your dreams

I've returned to trans WoE but come December when nontrans has it's own date, who knows lol we might =3
10-22-2009 04:48 PM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Would be nice, the amount of guilds being created for it isn't as high as I thought it would be.

And to respond to your first post, your lucky enough to have friends from Behe to help create the non-trans guild and level it quickly. Others may not be as lucky. Yes, creating a good guild requires a group effort, however some may not be able to get a group together to level with at first...and may give up entirely.

Like I've stated in the other thread, the change isn't going to be noticed immediately (at least I think it won't), but it might help for the future of WoE on heRO.
10-22-2009 04:59 PM
Guillermo Offline
Paladin of your dreams

Actually Sugar Rush isn't a Behemoth guild nor did they help me Icon_biggrin;; It was a joint effort of the 3 founders of the guild. We created our characters together and leveled together. A few members of Behemoth and Bamboo were surprised and upset to see me there =P If 3 people were willing to level up a guild for woe then others should be able to do so. After the guild leveled we started recruiting and then made it to woe Icon_biggrin
10-22-2009 05:06 PM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

My mistake then for assuming it was created by members of Behe.

Still, I fail to see how the negatives would outweigh the positives. Maybe someone could enlighten me? Thinking
10-22-2009 05:12 PM
Vanira Offline
boring

RE:??Should guild tax cap be changed?

Adrillf Wrote:I would love to see Kiriashi's guild tax if he went to 100% He's already about 2.5 BILLION exp donated to Behe and has broken the donation system to the point that his % on the guild list is negative, so yes, I would like to see just how bad Kiri could break the tax system.

Check the guild list for kicks- http://www.hero-server.net/cp/guild_stan...dc6c12be5e

Kinda late to be responding on this point, but you don't even need to be part of a big guild to make huge gEXP gains (though I suppose most snipers, like Kiri, solo anyway).??

Case in point - http://www.hero-server.net/cp/guild_stan...152f79ca7e Sweat 7 members and only 3 have contributed EXP (the roster has barely changed, always been small)

Slow and steady works well enough, you don't need to play that much to be able to do that with a single person per day if you keep it up over a reasonable length of time.??I've been going at that since before I trans'd, since 5x felt fast even without abusing things like noobis.??It's not like newer guilds won't have some time before the Alde castles change the rules, and that's probably where it'd be best to focus their efforts.??

As for negatives, given the information that's already been given, bigger guilds could get their gEXP even faster and level up their +stat skills I guess, for one (though they don't seem that great given the restrictions). Also, it's a bit unfair to them in some respects to have newer guilds get their glvls easier than they had to work for them; after all, you need to work hard to be any good with WoE I'd think (but I don't WoE so I wouldn't doubt someone's gonna tell me to get outta this thread)

So I guess in conclusion I don't really see any reason to up the tax limit, though I wouldn't mind throwing more exp at the guild since barely anyone parties me anyway (thus any exp not @ guild just gets wasted) Icon_sad??must be too busy with their own guild parties I guess (or maybe just that I don't care for nameless) Icon_razz
10-22-2009 05:36 PM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

Negatives- while random little guilds just starting out would get good exp older long term guilds would get exp. Why is this a negative? Small random little guilds tend to come and go, so it's really pointless to try to help them out.

Even new guilds that everyone backs and there's a big group of followers fall away. Coffee Break- not here any more, Starburst- gone, fruit poring guild- long gone. There have been quite a bit of guilds come and gone, so while it would help these people that would hardly touch the history lesson of heRO, it would strongly benifit the larger more stable guilds that are on heRO. Behe would make it as much as we could about it and try to level as fast as humanly possible to get those extra guild levels.

You'd be able to make your guild fast, but we'd be able to get the rest of our skills too, expecially with an easier tax system.

I'm not sure of the exact list, we'd have to possibly ask GM's for an offical count, but I'm sure that there's well over 300 different guilds on heRO. So with all of these guilds why make it easy for a few more to join the spam of guilds that come and go in a blink of an eye?

If it's a guild that won't just disapear, you'll get your levels and there won't be a problem.

If it's going to be a flash in the barell guild- the 100% tax won't help at all in trying to get your guild WoE ready.

The other note to this is- just because there's more guilds doesnt impply that it's more WoE guilds.
10-22-2009 05:49 PM