Poll: Should guild tax cap be changed?
Yes, increase the cap limit.
No, keep it the same.
Other (please explain).
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should guild tax cap be changed?
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Should guild tax cap be changed?

+1 Herman.

tbh i feel the tax limit is set as such as to set an initial "entrance fee" of sorts to prove that X guild is worthy to compete in WOE. Certainly if you're serious about making a guild for WOE and is in it for the long run (which is definitely what WOE is imho -> the treasure drops ain't that /slur; as opposed to the "promise" or "hope" to gather up god item mats and someday. Maybe someday. Just MAYBE someday to get all the mats and actually get to make a god item) some grinding or paying off champs to slave tax shouldn't be that hard to do?

-w-

PS: there might also be the aspect of brandishing (for lack of a better expression) e-Penises through WOE, but still imho you should first prove yourself worthy to even try to brandish it, no?
10-24-2009 10:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

Revenga was also full of members that want to WoE. Which brings up the real issue again. It isn't lack of guilds, its lack of member interest. Mostly the older members doing it and the older members have to talk the newer ones into doing it by recruiting them.

And the part about me sending them to Behe was they'd be in my guild, but party with Behemoth during WoE hours like Bamboo Squad does.

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
10-24-2009 02:26 PM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

RE: ??Should guild tax cap be changed?

Herman Wrote:I voted earlier, so here's my input.

I was a part of what is now understood as "Behemoth" when it first started.. I'm talking like.. weeks into Amara having leadership.??We were a relatively new guild, and not long after Amara had leadership we were recruiting mostly new players into the guild and starting the stepping stones to be a competitive guild.??FAST FORWARD 2 years...
Two years ago (I wasn't here) I would imagine that the number of players coming in was much more then it is now. I think we both can agree that the amount of players coming in has slowed down.

Herman Wrote:The point i'm making here is that guild tax is probably the LEAST likely factor to change the current WoE climate.??

What do I think WILL make a difference???Honestly, more guilds like Revenga...??

Revenga is a newer guild filled with newer players compared to old break offs of DD/LW, Behe and whatnot, but they still find a way to be competitive.??How???They work together as a team, they are loyal, and they work HARD.??I remember laughing when they would run into our castle as a new guild when they had just joined the server, we'd wipe them pretty quick.??Guess what, we don't laugh anymore.??(well, at least not as much, Icon_wink )??They have the members, the motivation and the hardwork to make it in this atmosphere.??Lets face it, the big guilds here are big, and have been here a while with the gear/classes needed to be good in WoE... will guild tax increase change it for anyone? No.??Will a hardworking group of people invested in working together and getting better over TIME (not overnight)? yes.
and thats why I voted no.
You have to remember though, Rev transferred from another server.
Arkanis Wrote:Guild transfered from another server, and now growing fast just to kick your a**. No1 Icon_twisted
So, if you want more guilds like Rev to come, we'd have to try and take already established guilds from other serversIcon_wink. Yes, technically they are new to this server when they joined, but they already had that bond with eachother. They already had a guild set up before the guild on heRO even existed. What are the chances of a whole guild moving to heRO again?

Snowhawk Wrote:Revenga was also full of members that want to WoE. Which brings up the real issue again. It isn't lack of guilds, its lack of member interest. Mostly the older members doing it and the older members have to talk the newer ones into doing it by recruiting them.
Yes, the underlying problem is lack of interest. But how do we go about changing that then? If you guys can tell me of a less drastic method where we don't have to wait 2 years for a competitive WoE guild to come along, I'd be more then happy to support it. The way I see it, this change may entice those that don't WoE into trying it out. If they already have a social guild, they could get it the necessary levels to WoE with at a fairly quick rate...and if they WoE and dont like it, so be it, it was a small risk. I doubt any social guild will get the levels to WoE just for the slight chance they may like it.

One could argue that they could join a WoE guild on an alt, but most WoE guilds don't allow alts. Or if they are in an alliance with a WoE guild, they could get their fill through that method; and while that may be true, it isn't the same WoEing with strangers...WoEing with friends is what makes WoE so fun.
10-24-2009 02:50 PM
Ayna Offline
Gypsy Woman

I still don't know where to put my opinion. But I think I'm leaning towards no. I don't really care that my job experience gets wasted when I'm max job, so the base wouldn't matter to me.

I'm not going no because a few people leveling doesn't take long and there's still time. More because 50% is what I'm used to when playing servers. Doesn't feel right unless it's 50%.

Though I do agree with you that increasing it may bring in more people making guilds. And that those who can't lead a guild will eventually die off and join others. It's not easy to, afteral.

[Image: Sig.png]
Ayna || 97/66 Gypsy
Camy || 94/61 High Priest
Hopscotch || 68/37 Alchemist
Constantia || 82/50 Linker
Fauna || 78/48 Dancer
Cicero Barone || Sage-to-be
Locket || Wizard-to-be
10-25-2009 10:47 AM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

So your opposed to it because 50% is what you've always been used to? But you also believe it may help create new guilds if the cap was increased? If that's the case, do you think its worth at least trying out to see what happens?
10-25-2009 06:32 PM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

It's a fun little thing to notice but in that Behemoth history lesson, an important fact that also needs to be adressed is that when Amara became the leader of Behemoth, she invited and brought with her many of her friends from another server that she already had a relationship with.

Avogardo, The Future, Ryu, Pictish, Raine Viamont, Izael, and others were all people that she already had a connection with. Not only that, but then there were the roommates that were all connected to each other, Herman, Albus, SaTaN. The friend relationship in Behemoth when we were first starting was the major fact that we grew. We did grab a few new people to the server like Kiriashi, Tulwar, and others, but most of the time we personally knew a person and brought them into the guild. It wasn't the large WoE active guild that kept people with us, it was the friendships that we have created with certain people. This is still true to today. Tulwar invited his brother, Amara dragged Ardney into this all which took Musiks with him, I was roommates with Slick, Raine and I are long time friends, Guillermo has pimped out most of his girlfriends to the guild, Azul and Dara live with each other in real life, Sharpay and Ryan Evans are friends in real life and planned out that they were going to be a bard/dancer duo, and the list keeps going on.

If I'm not mistaken, that was/is the same way with a lot of the larger guilds on this server.

Yes we do have the Behemoth members that are there because we WoE with the best of them, but the way we are able to keep our numbers is because we have relationships with each other. Increase the rates as high as you'd like, you can't create that friendship and loyalty without some serious time and effort.
10-26-2009 11:01 AM
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

When did this become Behemoth History time? No one gives a crap about that. Even if you are trying to give an example.

Arman probably knows that you can't create friendship and loyalty without effort. Your not giving him the benefit of doubt.

Reading these posts.......

One: WoE guilds here on HeRO are not "big" with the exception of Behemoth. Behemoth right now, is the only "big" Guild.

NE and Revenga don't pull 25+ players in WoE and sometimes Behemoth doesn't but a time where NE and Revenga pull 25+ in WoE is pretty less than Behemoth.

Revenga, has experience. A gooood bit of their members have alot of experience on different servers. Not like thats an excuse, but they might be new to the HeRO scene, but their not new to competition, their not new to WoE.

So many things, I've seen from that guild made me respect them. Like how the guild cooperates and how they come up with some sick strategies like in ToH, how one person tanked all of lightside in mass battle for atleast a minute, while everyone was dead or like in one WoE, Arkan came up to STD's precast, and used Wand of Hermode to protect a few key members and infiltrate the precast. They don't have the gears we have not because they fail but because they haven't been here long enough to get them. They came here at a disadvantage, and is keeping a dying WoE alive.They're pretty nice and their fierce.

But on topic, Tax........

Honestly, I think improving the tax has downs and ups like whats been mentioned so far but all in all I think its just best to up it maybe not up to 100% but lower.

Really, I just don't see any real downsides I mean guilds can pass other older guilds, but it really only takes a few ifirit and bio3 runs to take care of that /swt.

And as far as guild skills go, that just gives the other guilds an incentive to get to 50.

I think we should give this a chance really.

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
10-26-2009 01:06 PM
Ardney Wolf Offline
Eccentric Old Guy

Actually Street, you're a bit out of the loop. Both NE and Rev are regularly pulling large attendance for WoE these days. Average seems to be about 20 per side (NE, Rev, Behe) give or take 1/2 a party.

As far as the tax goes, rates are 5x base. You only need approval for WoE and that can be done pretty bloody quick. Don't see the need to spend GM time recoding it.

Additionally, I find it very hard to believe that the potential to tax members more would change anything in regard to people's desire or lack of desire to WoE. From personal observation, tax is pretty far down on the list of considerations people have when deciding to participate or not.

Ardney - 99/70 Paladin
Objection!
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2009 02:06 PM by Ardney Wolf.)
10-26-2009 02:05 PM
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

RE:??Should guild tax cap be changed?

Ardney Wolf Wrote:Actually Street, you're a bit out of the loop. Both NE and Rev are regularly pulling large attendance for WoE these days. Average seems to be about 20 per side (NE, Rev, Behe) give or take 1/2 a party.

As far as the tax goes, rates are 5x base. You only need approval for WoE and that can be done pretty bloody quick. Don't see the need to spend GM time recoding it.

Additionally, I find it very hard to believe that the potential to tax members more would change anything in regard to people's desire or lack of desire to WoE. From personal observation, tax is pretty far down on the list of considerations people have when deciding to participate or not.

/sigh Guess I have to post screenshots of emp room defenses to show numbers.....

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
10-26-2009 02:55 PM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

RE:??Should guild tax cap be changed?

Yuriohs Wrote:When did this become Behemoth History time? No one gives a crap about that. Even if you are trying to give an example.
Quote:Revenga, has experience. A gooood bit of their members have alot of experience on different servers. Not like thats an excuse, but they might be new to the HeRO scene, but their not new to competition, their not new to WoE.

So many things, I've seen from that guild made me respect them. Like how the guild cooperates and how they come up with some sick strategies like in ToH, how one person tanked all of lightside in mass battle for atleast a minute, while everyone was dead or like in one WoE, Arkan came up to STD's precast, and used Wand of Hermode to protect a few key members and infiltrate the precast. They don't have the gears we have not because they fail but because they haven't been here long enough to get them. They came here at a disadvantage, and is keeping a dying WoE alive.They're pretty nice and their fierce.

When did this become Revenga history time? No one gives a crap about that. Even if you are trying to give an example.

Sorry, just wanted to point that one out.

And /sigh, I guess I'll just have to wait for you to show up to a WoE and manage to get a perfect screen shot of the entire force of an entire guild so that we can sit down and get a perfect count of everyone that's online.
10-26-2009 03:52 PM