Poll: Should guild tax cap be changed?
Yes, increase the cap limit.
No, keep it the same.
Other (please explain).
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should guild tax cap be changed?
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Should guild tax cap be changed?

Its in guild section where he is asking for people to FIGHT over him!
Om nom nom.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
10-27-2009 11:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

Lol. Fight over him? This isn't high school you know Icon_wink
10-27-2009 01:04 PM
Ardney Wolf Offline
Eccentric Old Guy

RE:??Should guild tax cap be changed?

Kulluminatii Wrote:3. I personally prefer fixes to bugs & problems first before any new content is added Icon_wink.
This is all I wanted to respond to as the rest is just different points of view.

The current guild tax limit is neither a bug nor a problem. Guilds can gain levels, have gained levels, and will continue to gain levels under the current system. And they'll do so 5x faster than normal.

What you are proposing is not a bug fix, but an adjustment of an existing system for convenience sake. I'd rather we get our content up to date before spending time working on convenience fixes. But that's just 1 opinion.

Ardney - 99/70 Paladin
Objection!
10-27-2009 01:06 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

GM-Pandora Wrote:Thanks for the suggestion, but no thanks. I see no reason to up the tax

Re-quoting for reminders (from the other thread)

10-27-2009 02:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

GM-Ayu Wrote:
GM-Pandora Wrote:Thanks for the suggestion, but no thanks. I see no reason to up the tax

Re-quoting for reminders (from the other thread)

Panda hasn't voted no on this thread yet though Icon_wink.

Plus, that answer was before this thread was created.

Ardney Wolf Wrote:This is all I wanted to respond to as the rest is just different points of view.

The current guild tax limit is neither a bug nor a problem. Guilds can gain levels, have gained levels, and will continue to gain levels under the current system. And they'll do so 5x faster than normal.

What you are proposing is not a bug fix, but an adjustment of an existing system for convenience sake. I'd rather we get our content up to date before spending time working on convenience fixes. But that's just 1 opinion.

I never said it was a bug, but in a sense I believe it to be a problem. However, that is highly opinionated as well, so I see how you could say that it is a "convenience" fix (not agreeing with you though :twistedIcon_smile.
10-27-2009 02:21 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Both threads address the same issue, except one of them got a poll at it. Not an unfair statement to say, if Pandora gave an answer to one, then she also gave the answer to another thread that's asking the same question.

10-27-2009 02:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

True, its asking the same question, but allows people to input their take on the matter without having to write these essay-like responses Icon_biggrin.

Also, to quote Panda's entire post:
Quote:Thanks for the suggestion, but no thanks. I see no reason to up the tax, I don't think it will create more woe guild, if someone is dedicated they will simply work for it as others have done before them, and an extra 20% or 25% tax will not suddenly make people "zomg I totally gotta woe now/make a woe guild".

However, I do have something else in mind that can sorta come close to this, it's a hat that has a level requirement of 99 and gives more exp from any monsters, thus more tax (no reason to wear it unless you're taxed). This thread made me think of this hat idea, but previously a while ago I had the idea to make a Guild Quest, and this hat would now be one of the product resulting from the quest, along with some recruiting guildmember hats which was the original intended product for it.

In her first paragraph she argues that if the person is dedicated, they will get the levels no matter what. We all agree with that, however, if the person could get those levels quicker; and then be able to focus their time and effort on gearing to be able to have a chance at taking on the bigger guilds...I believe that is something that should be taken into consideration as well.

In response to her "hat idea", the idea seems nice, but how much time would it take and where is it on the "priority list"? When looking at it in the Test & Dev section, it looks like it would take some time to complete; and there are other and more important things to worry about then adding that quest. And in the end, wouldn't it be much more time efficient to just increase the cap instead of making this type of quest for it?
10-27-2009 02:44 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

The quest is given to people who are looking for quests to script (another word, not done by GM team personally. We're still on the Sign Quest, Kiel Quest, Continental Seal Guard Quest as the top 3 focus right now.)

10-27-2009 02:50 PM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Well, I wanted to wait a month to see if I should bump this thread or not (depending on the situation of WoE), but I think its apparent a bump is in order now Icon_wink.

Again, to recap, I believe the guild tax cap should be increased so that newer guilds spend less time on leveling the guild and more time on gearing themselves up and preparing for WoE (which I believe is one of the most important aspects of WoE).

Also, over the weeks since the last post of this thread, I came across a few ideas which I believe, along with this, will help significantly in improving WoE on heRO.

One idea was increasing the rates on the server. I'm pretty sure people are tempted to join heRO. We have amazing ads on RMS, great reviews as well, but seeing that 5/5/3 next to the name may be a bit discouraging for some, especially if they want to switch over from another low-rate server.

Another idea I liked was to switch up the guild castles. Having Geffen instead of Pay would be nice, and anything instead of Pront. Alde could use a switch as well.
11-20-2009 05:15 PM
proto Offline

can i ask why the gms have said no?

and about all this unfair stuff.... GRs getting removed....
Zeny duping...
Nameless warp....

seems like alot of unfair things have happened.

Is this real life?
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2009 02:56 AM by proto.)
11-22-2009 02:54 AM