Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Guild Idea
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

RE:??Guild Idea

Lore Wrote:Ideally what this server needs for that idea to fly would be castles for the new cities.

Wouldnt that be cool? Instead of 5 castles, 4 cities 20 castles in each city make it 3 castles (max. not all open right now) 7 cities, 21 castles. So you could give Yuno, Lighthalzen and Hugel all castles.

What you could either do is pick new rare items to serve as castle drops (I mean as in the castles main 3/4 rarest drops) or select a mixture of existing castle drops (from the 2 closed castles in the old cities) to use.
As for the actual designs of the interior of the castles those could be the existing castle layouts re-rendered with different designs on the walls etc. (e.g. the yuno symbol)

Morroc needs castles too!

03-26-2006 02:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pyronic Offline
Fire Starter

RE: Guild Idea

Um im not sure i quite gwet the hole Rping idea. could i get a littel explination on what its gonna e like?

[Image: pyrosig1ln4.th.jpg]

Uploaded with
ImageShack.us
    *~Talking to my blades like they fly b*tches~*
03-26-2006 10:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

oh my this sounds a lot like Growlanser hee. which come to mention it i need to start playing again. But that's off topic. Hrm, sounds fun but seems like a lot of work and difficult to organize. I for one hate keeping journals Icon_razz. Tho i enjoy RPs myself. To what extent will and RP be taken in game? Should we assume char from the start as novices? or get decent leveling out of the way and build story/plot/events with sizable chars.

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
03-27-2006 03:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lore Offline

I'm mega-interested in this but I'm going back to eAOS so I cant participate. Good luck though.
03-27-2006 05:11 AM
Ilarian Offline
The Almighty Sage!

Lore Wrote:Ideally what this server needs for that idea to fly would be castles for the new cities.

Wouldnt that be cool? Instead of 5 castles, 4 cities 20 castles in each city make it 3 castles (max. not all open right now) 7 cities, 21 castles. So you could give Yuno, Lighthalzen and Hugel all castles.

What you could either do is pick new rare items to serve as castle drops (I mean as in the castles main 3/4 rarest drops) or select a mixture of existing castle drops (from the 2 closed castles in the old cities) to use.
As for the actual designs of the interior of the castles those could be the existing castle layouts re-rendered with different designs on the walls etc. (e.g. the yuno symbol)
The idea is interesting, however it is not necessary for this particular idea. Although I'd like to have some RPing done in-game the idea behind this RP would be character development through interaction in-game but primarily done through the journals.

The point and concept of keeping a journal in real life is to write down your thoughts, ideas, feelings, things you are dealing with in your daily life. Intially, it would be the same for this RP but doesn't need to be done on a daily basis since not everyone will be on at the same time in order to participate in in-game RPs. A minimum of three journal entries a month would suffice.

To address Pyro's and Motenai's questions; You may either create a new character purely to use for this RP or you may use an existing character that you don't use often. The level of your character will have no effect since in any typical RPG or fantasy-type movies there is usually a "Novice" type character along with experienced character and everything in between. What you want to do with your character in terms of levels and when you want your character to begin participation is entirely your choice. One requirement I ask, however, is that all characters must be at least in their first job (Swordsman, Archer, Acolyte, etc.).

In order for your character to reflect upon an event in their journal, an actual event or activity needs to take place. This is where in-game RPs will be necessary. Usually I tend to do literate or descriptive role-play but due to the limitations (not to mention we'd be there forever and a day) of RO's chat, this style of RP won't be necessary. In-game, basically you will be pretending to be your character during RP sessions. I'll provide an example in the form of screen shots.

Icon_redface I apologize if the following example isn't clear - it was the best I could come up with on short notice. A big huge thank you goes to Hitoo and Yanos for helping and being my guinea pigs Icon_wink.

[Image: 7f3ff643.jpg]
[Image: 1b93c71c.jpg]
[Image: ad0a227b.jpg]
[Image: 986413cf.jpg]
[Image: 033bc27b.jpg]
[Image: 8c7d4afa.jpg]

The example doesn't provide as much as what would really happen in an RP, but considering the unplanned nature of the above example its what I had to work with Icon_lol. All in-game RPs and idea would be discussed and agreed upon by participating characters beforehand. If you have questions, feel free to post them or PM me on the forum.

"I dream of childhood, I dream of love, about a garden where a boy plays, forever young."

Google Talk: joobilee35[at]gmail.com
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2006 11:15 AM by Ilarian.)
03-27-2006 10:25 AM
Lore Offline

I'm back and not getting it. The whole planning before hand thing kinda defeats the purpose of IG RPing, spontaneous creativity. You're best just to meet up and see where it goes arent you?
04-02-2006 12:42 PM
Hina Offline

I like it,

its a great idea!Icon_biggrin
I would participate in a flash.Icon_wink
04-03-2006 01:56 AM
Ilarian Offline
The Almighty Sage!

Lore Wrote:I'm back and not getting it. The whole planning before hand thing kinda defeats the purpose of IG RPing, spontaneous creativity. You're best just to meet up and see where it goes arent you?
By planning beforehand, I was referring to ideas. Once an idea had been established, players will take it from there.

"I dream of childhood, I dream of love, about a garden where a boy plays, forever young."

Google Talk: joobilee35[at]gmail.com
04-04-2006 09:22 AM