More people
Better PvP/WoE
More events or more varity
Diffrent exp or drop rates
More staff members
Less broken/missing content
Other
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do you think will make heRO better?
Former-GM-Mass Offline
Banned

RE: What do you think will make heRO better?

PPE is used for Thors and Juperos and no one farms them to sell, why would the price be low?
Creamy and Smokie are killed much more frequently by lower levels, most PPEs are from oca, and imo PPE is much more useful than Creamy and Smokie lol

Either way, market has its own life, not that the staff can control it much, players are the ones who play the major role on deciding the prices.
11-12-2009 01:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

*cough*server wipe *cough*

On a serious note (make the server down, and open the test server up when you need some major testing)

Downgrade WoE to one castle (Seriously, Behe is nothing stop underestimating yourselves) Except aaron (hope you down them by the holidays /swt)

Rotate the castle every month. Allowing Experienced members of all guilds be able to plan otu different strategies against the defending guild. Keep the original Castle Owner carried over each woe (if behe keeps the castle the first 2 weeks, they have the next castle)

I've always hated fish, but Wira (as always) came up with a pretty nice suggestion on fish.

@main cooldown 4 secs per post maybe? dunno how much but a cooldown prevents 2 much spam and if a person wanted to talk to someone, they could pm them. Even though it prevents them from carrying on convo's on main w/e.

Get someone who can make maps good, if not better than kohaku. (Not dissing you kohaku, because your maps are /rice) it just would be nice if there were more maps that the GM's could choose from

Organize Events that suit people of all levels (not novice events /swt)
Even though, I feel everyone has a chance at becoming 99 with work alot of the server is made up of people who don't lvl actively.

So, let the max lvl be 80 for the people who can come.

Here's an example ToH practice, a biweekly battle between light / dark on different fields (obviously , trying to get them ready for ToH)

Let each side start on one side of a map, they have to find and collect items from monsters (item trial) but they have to kill a certain amount once there done (a lil bit of monster)

After their done, a timer is set off. They have 8 minutes before pvp turns on to get a party organized, get a plan, and brace themselves.

- Have an NPC supplier that supplies a certain amount of consumables/zeny that are only usable in that (practice ToH run)
- You can buy everything for 1 zeny, but theres a set total amount you can have of each
- All players that participate must have 0 zeny (let the npc scan the players before going in, similar to how its does in ToH)
- Make the NPC's identify all of your current equips that arn't from the (ToH Practice) as costing 0 zeny

Now, this is just and idea, a concept that I got from eating frosted flakes while trying to get this lab running. I won't go into rules,whats disabled etc unless someone asks me to post them (in a separate thread)

But seriously, make events that suit the lazy, but on the same epic scale. I don't agree with being lazy on a MMO, but HeRO's different, it cares!!!!!

And replace the "cards" that is required for hatter with blank cards clearly named "hatter cards." (this one I'm not sure about lol)

Just some ideas, a few, that have already been posted.

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
11-12-2009 01:54 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Reve nor NE think that Behe is that dominating.
Actually blame the castle setup of Prontera a lot lot more, allowing death to not really have a penalty.

It would actually be fine if we had more guilds fighting over castles but we don't...a larger woe server populous could really fix the problems of that castle but imo GM's should when changing castles take this sort of thing at least into a small acount.

BTW would love for Geffen to be chosen as next castle change over a Prontera castle :]

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-12-2009 02:01 PM
Arie Offline
The lulz Bringer

I dont think fish are ovepowered as they heal to much, I look at them as unfair because mages and maybe priests dont have enough wieght capacity. Not asking to make them lighter, just add something for the classes that can't carry fish and have to farm pots. I mean, an aloe costs 1k average. Heals about as much as a white pot. A mutant costs 900-1k and heals a white pot AND a blue pot. Take the minorities into account please! Also, making the warper that expensive would be dumb IMO. This is a PRIVATE server people play private servers because they want things to be easier. And not all of us could afford paying that much for a warp.....

~Some people say I have no life, who are they kidding? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives!~

FEAR THE POWER OF CHOCOLATE MILK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11-12-2009 02:24 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

No on the "fish lite" idea. Fish shouldn't even exist. The fishing system still is broken - and it used to be a lot more so. Back in the day it almost wasn't worth USING the fish I got because I was already a high level trans and I could make more money / items per hour fishing than I could grinding. Before the revamp, I used to make over 1 mil zeny per fishing run (not counting the fish, mind you) off of rings/TBs alone. Now it's toned down, but the fishing system it essentially still PAYING players who fish to get free potions.

It sucks being a ranked brewer. Well, no it doesn't, I get unlimited ranked pots essentially... but it sucks compared to what it would be like on a fish-less server.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
11-12-2009 02:37 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

The 'problem' with fish to me is not so much that it exist, but rather we lost direction of why it exist. What did the original GM team want to do with the existence of fish?

a) is it to ease newcomers' adjustment to a low rate with easier to access pots to speed up leveling?

b) is it *meant* to replace pots as a cheaper alternative (is it mean to overshadow pots)?

c) is it suppose to be a standalone healing item that should co-exist with pots?

Even I have no idea why fish was made back then and what was the goal to them. It's a lot easier to settle all the fish problem if we know what is the purpose of them.

I personally *GUESS* that the point of fish is a) and c).

///

I doubt that taking it out is a potential option. Thinking of the compensation is a pain (or how to get the compensation rather) and difficult to decide what's the compensation is suddenly losing 10000 different items in storage. You can disagree with pot all you want, but don't take it out on people who are using them now because they are available.

I personally think that weight, healing amount or cost of bait is really the only variable that we can change.

My personal preference: separate pot and fish by affecting their heal/time.

However, instead of balancing it on a one unit vs one unit comparison, why don't we balance it on a "spam fish" vs "spam pot" type of deal?

We know that pot got 0 drawback for spamming it. You get its heal effects immediately.

I propose 2 potential options to lower fish spammability.

a) Whenever fish is consumed, all incoming heals are weakened for x seconds. Severity should match with strength of the fish. Think of "reversed cake hat" effect the moment you consume fish. If you want to spam fish, then sure, but the next fish/any heal you get will be reduced in effectiveness. (eg. Using salmon reduces all other heal by 40% for 4 seconds).

b) Let fish heal that same amount but over time. Then the difference between pot and fish is that one is immediate, but the other isn't. Recall things similar to small life potion. We can set up fish to be like them (eg. Heal 325 Hp and 60 SP over 5 seconds.) Drawback of this one is that we have to test if these heal over time effects can stack, or else someone may be regenerating 5000 hp per second because he just ate 60 salmons before entering precast zone.

I prefer these 2 methods because it still helps with players in faster and lower cost leveling without punishing people who stored up fish too harshly. It fixes some of the OP aspect of PVMing to (yes, even PVM can have a sense of balance. Looking at you, nemo spamming asuraciders killing my mvp babies Cry )

New svn allows many different new types of drawback, such as decreasing atk/defense/flee/hit/mspd/aspd/"performance stat" for a certain period of time, which we haven't tapped into yet. From a PvM direction, you can even be strict enough to affect exp/item rate output for fish consumption. Even if you insist on 'balancing' fish by a one-to-one comparison with pot, there are many other unique drawbacks possible.

We worked our butt off for this svn. Let's use some of its many powers.

////

Now just cause changing fish isn't immediately fix all problem. Personally, I think that diminishing pvp population is just a general state of being for all low rate servers. Catching up isn't something everyone can stand, and as RO population age with very little new players, people prefer HR or SHR so they are immediately ready to pvp on the day they join. RMS proves this empirically with the increased amount of people looking for 99/70 high rates. Being a 6 year old game doesn't help as some people regardless of whatever server they are on, is just bored by now. Big hit MMOs just came out recently, and in general *all* servers including officials, lost part of their population to Aion and L2.

11-12-2009 03:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Loveless Offline
Beautifully Broken

RE:??What do you think will make heRO better?

Aaronock Wrote:Reve nor NE think that Behe is that dominating.
Actually blame the castle setup of Prontera a lot lot more, allowing death to not really have a penalty.

It would actually be fine if we had more guilds fighting over castles but we don't...a larger woe server populous could really fix the problems of that castle but imo GM's should when changing castles take this sort of thing at least into a small acount.

BTW would love for Geffen to be chosen as next castle change over a Prontera castle :]

I hear you!

It's a pity people just search for big guilds to join, that doesn't give chances of new guilds to grow up or even fight their way up, at least, in a fast way.

For Fishing... I don't think fishing is a problem, I don't think server would be much different if fishing was changed or removed. Fishing had many changes already, some we know, others we don't, but it's already noticeable that there has been more changes to fishing than what is told in patches.

If there were no fish, people would just use pots or other items, trust me.

I'll post about the problems I think hero has later on, I don't feel like it yet and I would like to read more of this thread.

<3

[Image: lovelesssig02vx1.png]
11-12-2009 03:35 PM
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

Yes, Ofcourse we know that alot of people moved on to biggger games.

But thats the officials, and thats a few of the competitive WoE/PvP servers from pservers.

Theres servers that have opened up, and clearly have 300+ IN WOE CURRENTLY,if it wasn't against the rules I would name you 8 off the back, and there all low rates.

Saying bigger MMO's grabbed is an excuse, especially for HeRO. I know a few people who left due to that, but I don't know 20+ people who left because of that.

I remember reading a convo on the iro wiki forums where people were saying alot of people moved on from RO which is true. But you have to understand, theres a difference between a person who pays for a game, and one thats free.

People will still leave, but it won't be as much.

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
11-12-2009 05:03 PM
Naruhodo Offline
Ace Attorney

I think the complaints about fishing are from a vocal minority and that a lot of people like the fishing system as it is, and these people are mostly enjoying playing heRO instead of complaining about it on forums. ^_^;

The only valid complaint about fishing that I can see is it overshadowing ranked alchy pots, but I think a good solution to that would be to make ranked pots more powerful, perhaps by making them lighter or some other way that would be useful but balanced.

This would also help with the issue of merch classes being able to take as many fish as they want to ToH while classes that don't use STR are at an even *bigger* disadvantage for ToH because of how few fish they can carry.

[Image: tumblr_ox8eztGfqD1rtqyteo1_400.jpg]

I'm back?
Naruhodo, 99/70 Champ
Naruhodo Ryuuichi, 99/70 Whitesmith
Edgeworth, Sniper
Lawrence Moe Curls, Bard
Father Totoro, Priest
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2009 05:55 PM by Naruhodo.)
11-12-2009 05:38 PM
Arkanis Offline
Rising Demon

Making more powerfull ranked pots O.O that could full heal my pally in 5 pots instead of 10 ? xD (makes me laugh...)

And for WoE, its not behe that is dominating, they just have the castle advantage... Change the castle flag respawn point in the 2nd room instead of in front of emp warp and its done Icon_wink

ho and the number of people don't affect Woe guilds in majority. just look at ReV. They defended against 2 guilds for all the woe till 3 last mins, like 1-2 weeks ago, and they were 13-15. The number of people do change things when it comes to a guild that takes its power from the large number of people they have instead of gameplay/stuff/level.

I saw on my last server a guild of 5 people tearing apart a guild of 20-25 people. They just had a lot more gameplay.

What this server needs is:

1. People willing to make new WoE guilds intead of going in an already big guild.

2. Erase fish. You know making pots is really easy... The problem with fish is not the HP healing ability but the SP healing ability...(which is in my opinion, retarded)

3. Make up a castle changing system for WoE so it gets more attractive.

[Image: 4bbda0up6.gif]
In War Like In Love, Instinct Prevail.
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2009 06:08 PM by Arkanis.)
11-12-2009 05:54 PM