Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Regressive Rollback Policy
Captain Usopp Offline

RE: Regressive Rollback Policy

thecursed
Indeed. I am guessing based on your 4 90+ trans this yours is a vested interest argument. I was expecting more people actually as well a flame and rhetoric battle. I am happy you have only tried to mischaracterize my argument but probably because you know this already went through and it would be unlikely for the gms to see logic at this point. Indeed when someone is on the server that much a simple poring card indeed seems like nothing to them. I am happy you keep posting your view though as the gms can see from your point of view and hopefully come to understand the error in listening to it.

merellis
Also thank you Merellis. I was fully expecting to have to do this alone against the onslaughts of the vested interests.

Characters:Captain Usopp, Tony Tony Chopper, Zarathustra, Zoroaster
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2009 08:50 PM by Captain Usopp.)
12-15-2009 08:06 PM
Find all posts by this user
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

RE:????Regressive Rollback Policy

Merellis Wrote:Didn't lose anything? Excellent, move along with your day now. :D

I will, thanks. =)

Can we think of a better item instead of Poring Cards, really? I used to hunt 4 of them a day as an archer. They aren't anything you can't get back easily, on just about -any- char.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
12-15-2009 08:18 PM
Merellis Offline
Honor Bound

You make it sound like I'm against you in this, I'm really all for complete fairness in this matter. You also make an accusation that you, Captain Usopp, are alone completely in this when only a few of the entire population have told you this is not completely feasible an idea based on the number of GM's versus the number of players/items lost.

My argument is that if you want it completely no holds barred fair, everyone should just go and get those items back through hunting/upgrading again and not give anything back. The special items for increased rates, no death exp loss, and the increased rates for a week should have been more then enough to say sorry to the populace that someone was unkind enough to hack the server and force a roll back.

The GM's are even working on making it so that this will not happen again in the same way. It was their decision to make it to a certain price line for the replacement of lost possessions, they, as I previously stated, could have just done the above and left it at that. The lucky ones who gained items that are at the minimum to be replaced will get them back, those who lost levels must get back to leveling, those who lost lesser items must get hunting, and those who lost some +x items through upgrading can try again (And those who broke all items get a second chance to make or break.)

In all respects, they made a fair choice with the special rates and items then went further by offering to replace hard to get items.

I really don't see where the GM's went wrong except by being too nice.

[Image: b.png]
Azul 9x/6x Champ
Tagnikzur 9x/6x High Priest
Cornelius 7x/4x SWiz
12-15-2009 08:35 PM
Captain Usopp Offline

Huh I agree completely that the gms work hard enough and to make them do this stupid ticket bs is just straining them further. If you really want to support the gms then the roll back and boosted rates should be more than enough for everyone.

Indeed by adding this ticket bs the gms are taking on an added work load in the efforts to appease the upper class but they really shouldn't. Indeed the gms may have done this under the assumption that it was a nice thing to do but it is far from it and that is what I hope to point out to them.

Just like in most things gms probably only hear stuff when something goes wrong. And in this case in particular they probably got inidated with complaints from I lost such and such or I want my such and such back. They probably assumed these selfish messages were the norm and maybe they are even right in that aspect. But to actually give in and accept that some people deserve to be spared in some aspect from the roll back while most people don't is inherently unfair and unjust.
It is our job to commend the gms for the work they do. The gms offering the extras bonus affects everyone and thus is fair. It was a nice thing to do and was fair to everyone involved. It should stay as that. To make this extra work is unnecessary and harmful. So get on board, support the gms, and end this horrible and unjust practice.

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2009 08:48 PM by Captain Usopp.)
12-15-2009 08:43 PM
Merellis Offline
Honor Bound

I have to agree with that, with all the work the GM's are doing this does seem to be a little too much extra with all the bugs in some quests being worked out followed by new content they seem to be working on.

So as they had already gotten this started and have made the promise, there might not be much we can do but set an example by saying this seems to be more work then they should be doing for us because someone else decided to ruin everyone's fun. (And also inform others of this injustice as you have already done.)

On another note, I wonder how much I could get by auctioning those items, or if I can even trade them.

[Image: b.png]
Azul 9x/6x Champ
Tagnikzur 9x/6x High Priest
Cornelius 7x/4x SWiz
12-15-2009 09:14 PM
~Altera~ Offline
I'VE GOT BLISTERS ON MAH FINGERS

My only complaint is the policy that it must be *one* item with a value of 2+ mil. I.E. anybody who made a large amount of AD or EDP can go fk themselves!

~Altera lvl 99/70 Sniper ~ : Altera lvl 9x/50 Wizard ~
Altera~ lvl 96/50 Sin ~ : ~Altera~ lvl 9x/6x High Priest ~
"heRO is a worthy server, that Altera doesn't deserve!"

[Image: basebelong-1.jpg]
12-15-2009 09:30 PM
Captain Usopp Offline

its not like you would lose any of the material Aktera. If you mean all the people that spent the time gathering instead of mvping or something then yes they are disproportionately affected by this policy. Its a shame that something as innocent as trying to do right by some people turned into a heck of a lot of work and unfair treatment of the heRO community. The GM's should not be blamed however, I blame each and every person that complained constantly to them about losing such and such. The Gms probably in an attempt to quiet this minority made a judgment to give them far more benefit than everyone else. I guess the squeak wheel gets the grease and that is why I am squeaking now, so this injustice and be quelled before it goes to far.

Unfortunately as I said to GM-Aki who I was complaining to in game, I doubt it will change anything. She suggested I do it in the forums though because apparently complaining to ever gm in game I see when they mention it just isn't getting the job done.

12-16-2009 12:50 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

RE:??Regressive Rollback Policy

Captain Usopp Wrote:Unfortunately as I said to GM-Aki who I was complaining to in game, I doubt it will change anything. She suggested I do it in the forums though because apparently complaining to ever gm in game I see when they mention it just isn't getting the job done.

You'd seriously prefer that the GMs now take back items that they reimbursed?... Seriously? Are you trying to make things even more hectic for the GMs, and give those "squeaky wheels" even more things to squeak about?

And yes, I can see why complaining to every GM you see in game would not inspire them to go against the decision and work they have already put in. If anything, you're probably driving them up the wall with it. At least with the their Rollback thread thing, under the item reimbursement, it states that any constantly asking players would have their request put on the bottom of the pile.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
12-16-2009 01:18 AM
Captain Usopp Offline

do I want them to take back all the items, in an ideal world yes but that isn't what I said at all in this thread. As I stated in opening remarks it is probably to late to do anything about the horrible decision this time around but I am posting so they don't make the mistake again. As for complaining to the two gms I saw in game talk about it well maybe it was annoying, I am sure the two I talked to about it could do nothing.

The way I see ro possibly wrong is that I am a worker the sub gms are shift supervisors and panda is the manager. The way I was told to communicate up the chain was to complain to the shift supervisor and they will rely it to the manager. If that is untrue please correct me because I will continue to do that until proven otherwise.

As for the lateness. I found out about this elitist rollback giveaway recently. And while I wasn't given the opportunity or time to stop the current travesty of justice ( again I assume its late unless the gms want to do the right thing, undo the wrongs and take back all the items they have already given out or just erase them) I will make sure they hear the just side of the argument instead of just the glorified whines of gimme gimme gimme.

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2009 02:40 AM by Captain Usopp.)
12-16-2009 02:40 AM
Herman Offline
Tank of your Dreams

Did this policy favor players who played and played hard during the 3 days before the rollback? Yes. Did it favor players who got high end drops or lucky refines? Yes. Would it suck if they did nothing and said "sorry"? Yes.

At risk of calling anyone whining a "noob", I'd have to say that although the ones favoring this might be "elite" players.. the only ones complaining are the ones who fit into the opposite category; that didn't earn anything valuable or do anything of value.

For the majority of the hero community this was a good decision.. certainly better than doing nothing.

retired except for..

the Herman Zeny Sink event of 2011.. 3.5b drained and
counting..
12-16-2009 03:31 AM
Thread Closed