Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Regressive Rollback Policy
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

RE: Regressive Rollback Policy

If you want to point fingers, point it at the crackers who broke stuff and caused the rollback. GM are just trying to patch the player-inconveniances, nothing would have been perfect.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
12-16-2009 03:38 AM
Find all posts by this user
Captain Usopp Offline

@argos of course they are at fault no one is saying otherwise and you are saying nothing that hasn't been said. Of course the gms are trying to patch players inconveniences and my argument is that the rate increase was more than sufficient and to have this arbitrary reiteming policy while on its face seems to be a good idea if you look just beneath the surface you can see how it is merely and unjust policy that unfairly helps the highest class player to everyone elses detriment.

I do not blame the gms at all for their lack of foresight. They probably thought they were helping. I don't know for sure but I know people and I bet after the rollback they heard nothing but whining about lost whatever. In an effort to appease the whiners they enacted this policy. I hope this thread shows them the error of their ways in the future. And if they want to take back all the items more power to them, it would be excellent but I wouldn't hold my breathe. Although it is the season for miracles so I can hope that the light shines through the darkness.

Edit: what do I mean probably of course they thought they were helping. I add these words like probably to prevent me from saying certainties but there isn't a gm anywhere (except maybe those banned sobs) that would make a policy to hurt the community intentionally, its an absurd concept.

In fact I might be wrong entirely and they thought through all my points and decided that disproportionately helping the elite players was in their and the servers best interest as some sort of bonus reward. They seem like very smart people to I wouldn't put it by them to have thought out all aspects of this travesty of a policy. But I will go on the assumption that they didn't and were merely swayed by the probably hundreds of whines they received about items.

Characters:Captain Usopp, Tony Tony Chopper, Zarathustra, Zoroaster
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2009 04:36 AM by Captain Usopp.)
12-16-2009 04:28 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Just curious... since when is a 3mil item "elite"? oO

To prove my point a little, and incorporate my earlier "hunting 4 poring cards a day" point. 4 a day was average. Sometimes more, sometimes less. So say I got 5 or 6 in a day, which somedays, I was lucky enough to. I keep 5, sell off one for zeny. This gives me the cards I need for the hatter, the funds I need for the gambling part, as well as enough zeny to pretty much buy any of the 100 hunt items, and the riddle item.
I could come out with Sunnies/Glasses. Or Alice. WoV. Cyclops. Pecopeco. Ramen. First Anni Hat. Easter hat. Kafra dolls. Ship Captain's Hat. Pope Mitre. Or numerous others worth atleast 3mil.

I could have been training in ant hell, and found a Vitata card. Worth 3mil+.
Tharas.
Hydras.

Can we stop this "only elite players got the advantage" part now?

Inasad
stop doing dickers
12-16-2009 06:53 AM
Snapplewee Offline
¥Snapple¥

If you lost an MvP card in Rollback, you probably weren't meant to have it Icon_smile

In reality, my account got banned in the rollback (Snapplewee) can it get unbanned? LOL

In serious reality. Im always in favor of increased rates and not welfare after a roll back. Boohoo you lost an item. Get it again.

People who are complaining about "deserving" an item or whatever is pure nonsesnse.
12-16-2009 06:57 AM
Herman Offline
Tank of your Dreams

RE:??Regressive Rollback Policy

Ellie Wrote:Can we stop this "only elite players got the advantage" part now?

No, I like the change in title.. "elite" beats "noob" anyday Icon_sad

retired except for..

the Herman Zeny Sink event of 2011.. 3.5b drained and
counting..
12-16-2009 07:22 AM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

RE:??Regressive Rollback Policy

Captain Usopp Wrote:to have this arbitrary reiteming policy

Arbitrary indeed. I bet that discussion lasted like 3 seconds, with the reasoning of "OMGOURHIGHLEVELLEETSAREUHNAPPYLETSMAKEAPPEASETHEYLOLOLOL"*

They offered it, I took them up on it. Unlike non-"high level elitists", most people can just shrug it off. Whether it was worth it to bug the GMs over something so arbitrary as an item that is subjectively worth 3 mil was up to the player. In my case, I thought I lost well more than 3 mil, not to mention 2 hours worth of brewing, plus the 2 hours of my Gloria Priest and MC Clown. Therefore, I thought it was in my best interest to take them up on the offer, state my case (as lolnoyoudidntgetTHATmuchstuffin36hours as it was), and hope for the best.

In terms of relative value, the ones who would benefit the most would be the non-"high level elitists". This is assuming they got something "of worth".

--------

*Oh my god, our high level elite players are unhappy! Let us appease them! Laugh out loud!"

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2009 08:28 AM by Ultima_Pi.)
12-16-2009 08:01 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

RE: ??Regressive Rollback Policy

Herman Wrote:
Ellie Wrote:Can we stop this "only elite players got the advantage" part now?

No, I like the change in title.. "elite" beats "noob" anyday Icon_sad

We can't just use "player"? =P

Elite ones are totally like me. Didn't lose a single item, a single zeny or a single % of exp.
BecauseIhadn'tdoneanythingtogainanyintherollbacktime.
Wait, does this mean I'm taking advantage of something I didn't have with the raised rates? oO

Pi, I can't read that long string of words at the top. =P

Inasad
stop doing dickers
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2009 08:22 AM by Ellie.)
12-16-2009 08:19 AM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

How dare you take advantage of the situation!

Also, edited post. Actually, rereading it makes me lol. Let's make appease they XD

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2009 08:29 AM by Ultima_Pi.)
12-16-2009 08:29 AM
Merellis Offline
Honor Bound

RE:????Regressive Rollback Policy

Ellie Wrote:We can't just use "player"? =P

Elite ones are totally like me. Didn't lose a single item, a single zeny or a single % of exp.
BecauseIhadn'tdoneanythingtogainanyintherollbacktime.
Wait, does this mean I'm taking advantage of something I didn't have with the raised rates? oO

Pi, I can't read that long string of words at the top. =P
I'm of a few minds, first congrats on being someone else to have escaped losing anything of value. :D (Managed to avoid that myself, hooray.) Second, player does sound better if only because I just know I'm gonna 5 different spellings of 'elite' and 'noob' and just keep wondering where we all went wrong. Evil Third, I honestly read that as 'OMG OUR HIGH LEVEL LEETS ARE UNHAPPY LETS MAKE A CAKE LOLOLOL'

And now I want cake, I am most displeased at this, for I have no way to get ingrediants and watch my son without the stroller working. Damn you Pi! Where's my CAKE? D:

[Image: b.png]
Azul 9x/6x Champ
Tagnikzur 9x/6x High Priest
Cornelius 7x/4x SWiz
12-16-2009 09:44 AM
Snapplewee Offline
¥Snapple¥

Twilight Alchemy moar
12-16-2009 09:52 AM