Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Regressive Rollback Policy
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

RE:??Regressive Rollback Policy

Matrim Cauthon Jr Wrote:I'm starting to think both sides should STFU.

I didn't log in or lose anything during the rollback. I gained items from Pandelina. (That I wish I could give for free to guildies/Friends that may use them).

I'm about as non-elite as you can get and still have 3m zenny plus whatever my stuff is worth.

First off, The item reinstatement isn't unfair in the least. Reason is because anyone could have gotten a valuable rare then lost it. And everyone had the option to accept the reinstatement. If you didn't then whoop de doo. Want a cookie?

If you didn't use the higher rates then don't claim a moral high ground. Because people that played then quit before other higher EXP rates or have started since these latest high rates....Guess what? It's unfair.

Everyone is on equal ground. If someone is high level with alot of items/zenny....In 90% of cases it's because they worked for it. Now if you want to say that people that worked hard to gain what they have are evil...Then yeah. Otherwise shut up. Play your character. Put in the work.

The worst thing is non-elitists complaining about "That person has more than I do! Never give them anything!" If I worked and got great gear & several trans classes...Damn straight I'd deserve something. Because I worked to gain what I had.

I also think this thread has served its purpose. IMO GM's should have locked it or moved it to Whining...Because that is all it is.
KissyLoveKissy2
*agrees*

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
12-16-2009 09:57 PM
Find all posts by this user
Shikari Offline
Br?

RE: Regressive Rollback Policy

@mat, that Icon_smile

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
12-16-2009 11:03 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Hm I didn't see this topic as a complaint one oddly enough, just a discussion mostly. Perhaps it should be taken into consideration for when this kind of issue arises again.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
12-16-2009 11:21 PM
Kari Nogashi Offline
Forum Dweller

RE:??Regressive Rollback Policy

Merellis Wrote:On the other hand, the GM's could have just done nothing but increase the rates and say "Try again, the rates are there!" and avoid the entire headache of people missing cards rated less then 2mil and complaining about it. :D

Ok for you to actually Say Cards rated at less then 2m is very bold. i dont know about you but a player such as myself is struggling to keep 200k around im a new player and i would be thouroghly upset about loosing and item or card "rated less then 2 mil" becuse that 2 mil could allow me to reset and find a build im comfortable with. you odviously have no issue with your zeny so i belive for you to talk about low paying cards is a little screwed.
12-16-2009 11:28 PM
Captain Usopp Offline

RE: ??Regressive Rollback Policy

Snowhawk Wrote:

I didn't log in or lose anything during the rollback. I gained items from Pandelina. (That I wish I could give for free to guildies/Friends that may use them).

I'm about as non-elite as you can get and still have 3m zenny plus whatever my stuff is worth.

First off, The item reinstatement isn't unfair in the least. Reason is because anyone could have gotten a valuable rare then lost it. And everyone had the option to accept the reinstatement. If you didn't then whoop de doo. Want a cookie?

If you didn't use the higher rates then don't claim a moral high ground. Because people that played then quit before other higher EXP rates or have started since these latest high rates....Guess what? It's unfair.

Everyone is on equal ground. If someone is high level with alot of items/zenny....In 90% of cases it's because they worked for it. Now if you want to say that people that worked hard to gain what they have are evil...Then yeah. Otherwise shut up. Play your character. Put in the work.

The worst thing is non-elitists complaining about "That person has more than I do! Never give them anything!" If I worked and got great gear & several trans classes...Damn straight I'd deserve something. Because I worked to gain what I had.

I also think this thread has served its purpose. IMO GM's should have locked it or moved it to Whining...Because that is all it is.
KissyLoveKissy2
*agrees*

I agree with aaron this is a discussion, you are the only one whining and flaming telling people to stfu. If you don't want to contribute to the conversation then by all means post your whines to your hearts content in the appropriate section or your own thread but leave my thread the heck out of it. In fact why don't you just never post your slander and villainous rhetoric in this thread again. There is one thing I definitely don't want in any discussion I am hosting and that is for one party to tell another to shut the f up. It is a debate ender and will not be tolerated.

It is a good thing your post had no merit anyways because it would have been a shame for the stfu to ruin a good point but your only actually argument, that anyone could have gotten something worth that much has already been brought up and answered. If you actually bothered to read the thread at all you would know this. But I imagine it was to much of a bother to actually read a thread you just want to flame and get locked. If it is possible I would like to ban all future posts by this person from my thread or future threads. He obviously adds nothing of value pro or con to the debate and seeks only to flame.

Characters:Captain Usopp, Tony Tony Chopper, Zarathustra, Zoroaster
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2009 01:10 AM by Captain Usopp.)
12-17-2009 12:34 AM
Gabihime Offline
Seraphic Diva

I do agree that as a player, losing something that is valuable (if only super-valuable to you) is considerably disheartening, perhaps making you even want to take a break from Ragnarok for a while.??And I think this was most discouraging to players who are just starting/haven't played for ages.

People with even one 9x character tend to forget what its like before you have one.??While many relatively fightable monsters drop good cards, some lucrative gear can only be hunted easily once you're a powerhouse/already have your first set of final gear finished.??

I understand the GMs could not refund many lost items just because of the sheer number of players and things lost, but to refund only certain items does show favoritism and did make me sad.

Before the wipe I had just finished two pieces of my final gear for my main: My shoes of witch and my erudite coif.??I lost those in the rollback and worked during the increased rates to earn enough to buy back the card, although at a higher price ~_~ (the shoes of witch, I held off on making my erudite coif because hopefully I will soon have a Pope Mitre <3)

I mean if the argument for refunding the items basically boils down to this:

Quote:"It sucks to be fighting in a hard place where you could be easily killed, waiting a long time for a rare drop, finally get one, and then have that item taken away from you."

then this is true for absolutely everyone, regardless of level.??Whether the drop you got was a Sohee card or a Raydric card or Vitata or whatever, players of all levels and classes have areas that are dangerous to them.??A player who only has characters of a fairly low level (say first ten levels of their second class job) probably doesn't have alts who are better at hunting in certain situations.??Someone with at least one 9x character probably has at least one alt for different hunting situations, or friends or guildies who are used to partying with them and will help them hunt, and they probably have at least decent gear.??Low level characters are hunting for their decent gear.??Everybody starts somewhere, with basic uncarded unupgraded stuff.??Elunium gets a little expensive to buy when you're first starting out and can't effectively hunt it yourself, and cards are like a magical dream for the future.

I am not trying to say that losing an important item sucks more for a 5x, a 7x, or a 9x.??What I'm saying is that it sucks equally.??As it sucks equally, everyone should be treated equally.??The rollback was fine compensation, and the 75+ characters even got a special gift to help them get back levels that they lost, with the understanding that getting 1% at higher levels can take a while, depending on what you're fighting.

I'm one of those people on HeRO who is very happy with the regular drop rates.??When rates increase for a special event, that's like an awesome present, but I always want them to go back down, because otherwise you lose appreciation for the boost and just want more, so it's not like I wanted the rates to stay up "until everyone got their lost stuff back."??I think the window was nice and big, people had a chance to hunt, and that was all good.

I know that the GMs were just trying to keep the peace with their decision, and I was happy when I saw that items would be refunded.??I was less happy when I saw that only certain items would be refunded, and then based on relative value to the community.??I think the GMs do a great job to moderate this community, and that's one of the reasons I've stuck to HeRO so long, coming back after a long hiatus.??But I can imagine how a newer player feels, losing an important item, say a Skeleton Soldier card they had hunted and finally gotten, felt the sting of losing it, been bucked up by the hope of having it given back, and then feeling the sting again because it wasn't valuable enough in this community (because of population, popularity of certain builds, whatever).??This would be very discouraging to that player, because they feel like they're getting the shaft, and that their loss wasn't important enough for anyone to even care about, no matter how long or how hard they'd worked to get it.

This is certainly not how anyone wants any player to feel, new or old, but that's pretty much the emotion this situation provokes.

HeRO is built around the idea of fairness for everyone.??You can't buy powerful or rare gears (heck, you can do that on iRO, and most other MMOs).??This is to ensure fairness.??Refunding some items based on community value is not fair.

I think it might have been a little better if only the .03 (.01) drops were refunded.??That way all cards would have been returned equally, along with the super-rare gear drops, whether they're worth a lot or not.

Gabriel Marelle: FS Priestess - 9x/50
Gabriel Czerwonakowa: Esma Bolter SL - 99/50
Irahlem Marelle: Acid Demo Creator - 7x/3x
Jibreel Marelle: Service Dancer - 9x/50
Therese Chevalier: Duelist Knight - 9x/50
Rikku J. Cidolphus: Stealing All You've Got In Your
Pockets
-7x/4x

A Lovesong
of Rooks
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2009 06:48 AM by Gabihime.)
12-17-2009 06:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

RE:????Regressive Rollback Policy

Captain Usopp Wrote:
Snowhawk Wrote:

KissyLoveKissy2
*agrees*

I agree with aaron this is a discussion, you are the only one whining and flaming telling people to stfu. If you don't want to contribute to the conversation then by all means post your whines to your hearts content in the appropriate section or your own thread but leave my thread the heck out of it. In fact why don't you just never post your slander and villainous rhetoric in this thread again. There is one thing I definitely don't want in any discussion I am hosting and that is for one party to tell another to shut the f up. It is a debate ender and will not be tolerated.

It is a good thing your post had no merit anyways because it would have been a shame for the stfu to ruin a good point but your only actually argument, that anyone could have gotten something worth that much has already been brought up and answered. If you actually bothered to read the thread at all you would know this. But I imagine it was to much of a bother to actually read a thread you just want to flame and get locked. If it is possible I would like to ban all future posts by this person from my thread or future threads. He obviously adds nothing of value pro or con to the debate and seeks only to flame.

I've read the whole thread. I see people saying "Boo! Well-Off players!" and "Hey I used what the GMs offered out of the goodness of their hearts!" Personally I'm thinking now the GMs shouldn't have given us anything. All people do is whine about what they get. As for banning me, the GMs will decide that on their own. Take your mini-modding elsewhere.
12-17-2009 01:29 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Hm I could care less how rich or poor the players are, rollback is rollback, the compensation prizes from Pandalina and the rates boost should have been enough.

I can agree with that much and hi, welcome to the heRO forums Matrim, where the cesspools of hatred and violence of heRO meet! :3
And where moderations from GM's lately are becoming more extreme, let's hope for no bannings to occur cause of this topic!

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
12-17-2009 01:32 PM
Loveless Offline
Beautifully Broken

What did you lost with the rollback?

Who cares?

You pay to play heRO?

You have a staff that assists you for free the best they can. They give you a free server to play in, they make stuff, updates and events, they try to run the server the best they can, keep it clean...

And you still come to the forums talking about the rollback.

You should be grateful with what you have in heRO. Long time running server with 0 rollbacks.

When I was young I was working in a store, a girl came and started complaining about everything. (She never purchased nothing on the store, and by the looks, she wasn't purchasing that day either) I told her to stop complaining, because she didn't have the right to complain since she had never spent a single buck in the store.

We play here for free, I thank the players that donate to keep the server running. I laugh everytime I see people complaining about these things and the only thing I can say is...

If you don't like it, go play official. Stop complaining, you ain't actually paying for any kind of service here so you don't deserve to complain as if you were paying for it.

GM's actually did enough for the rollback stuff, if it was me, I didn't even bother on looking the logs.

Who cares that your homunc lost a bit of intimicy, or that you lost a card or an item, or some exp. Yeah, time is precious, but keep in mind how much time have you been playing here for free, how hard it is to run a server and then think twice before complaining because ''OMG a ROLLBACK''

Sad.

[Image: lovelesssig02vx1.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2009 01:52 PM by Loveless.)
12-17-2009 01:48 PM
Shikari Offline
Br?

@mat, here you'll need this -hands over a bucket of hate-, only way to deal with forums Icon_sad

@aaron, yea. Personally I wouldnt even ask for daily backups, maybe weekly, much less go through all the logs lol.

@Usoop, Lol, gms dont go "oh...random guy wants this guy banned...lets ban him :O!" Like loveless said, this is free, dont like it? go elsewhere lol

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
12-17-2009 02:30 PM
Thread Closed