Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why..
ororan Offline

RE: Why..

okay there is only one internet annotation that can describe this wtf

If your wearing an unfrozen fire armor either 1 ur spamming ice cream in thor with sweet clips or ur a suicidal linker killing the storm gusters.

But we should make it so WATER armors are slottable hint hint

But even if meteor storms stack there is this new thing called vit l2useit

You can contact me in game on
Forgotten Storm Gust 91/xx High Wizard
Moron Of Ouran 9x/50 Hunter
Intergalactic Terror xx/xx Alchemist
01-03-2010 12:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

It's fairly easy to wear unfrozen fire armor during WoE and take less than 75% of the normal (vs neutral element) water damage, as well as reducing earth and fire to 50% and 25% before other reductions as well.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
01-03-2010 01:23 PM
7seven7 Offline

Alright, some of you have the right idea. Others, however, leave the impression that they know where to get their hands on some high-quality pharmaceutical grade narcotics.

Storm Gust will ALWAYS be a bigger issue in a precast than Meteor Storm.??7 Meteors fall, one at a time, on a certain cell, at one-second intervals, and do 5 hits of 100% MATK fire damage.??If you choose to use a Salamnder garment, it essentially bumps to 140% MATK.??Storm Gust hits its entire area of effect 10 times at half-second intervals, for 500% MATK water damage.??Although multiple Meteor Storms may be stack for affected area, you cannot be hit by more than one meteor at a time.??This means that one hit of storm gust will have the same MATK as an entire Meteor, or slightly less if the MSer is using Salamander.??In either case, Storm Gust hits faster and more times per cast than Meteor Storm, for higher bursts of damage, meaning you need to pot faster.

There are also things like the Skin Tempering skill and Welding Masks to reduce fire damage at no real cost to your gear setup or build.

Meteor Storm's primary purpose in a precast is supplemental damage and flinching; and that oh-so-precious 30% stun chance, which still shouldn't be that huge of an issue to a properly built WoE character.

As stated above, the only practical applications of such an armor are potting with ice cream in thor, or Kaite-raping the precast, in which case you'll probably also be sporting an alice-carded strong shield and potentially Am Mut shoes.??Keep in mind that this strategy would be better utilized by a professor than the linker itself, assuming you either have 2 linkers available or are married to one.??I sincerely doubt that the professor was Thor-ing using ice cream (though it is possible), therefore my conclusion is that the Professor had this armor for one of 2 reasons:
1. He was planning to Kaite-rape a precast, or
2. He did it for the lulz.

Edit: There is also the unlikely possibility that a lot of people on said server use fire endows, and the wearer is simultaneously terrified of Frost Joke.

But hey, what do I know?
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2010 01:39 PM by 7seven7.)
01-03-2010 01:35 PM
ororan Offline

this^

You can contact me in game on
Forgotten Storm Gust 91/xx High Wizard
Moron Of Ouran 9x/50 Hunter
Intergalactic Terror xx/xx Alchemist
01-03-2010 01:45 PM
azurerogue Offline

Skin Tempering works for ONE class.??Welding masks work for TWO.??Also, once the meteor impacts, another one can immediately hit the same cell again, even during the 5 hits' of the previous meteors damage distribution time.??That means that you can be taking several hits simultaneously

Each vertical row is a different cast of meteor storm landing on the same cell. The numbers are a countdown of the hits of meteor storm. 5,4,3,2,1 etc are the countdown of 5 hits of meteor storm. So in the fourth row, you are being hit by four meteor hits at once. There. Explained.

etc
etc

That means that you can be hit by 4 meteors at the exact same time for 140% MATK each and it can be nearly continuous (much more so than storm gust).??The purpose of MS, in my opinion, is NOT the flinching - it's the extensive potting required to make it through the sustained damage while you penetrate the trap line and lokis.??

At any rate, I'm fine with everyone thinking unfrozen fire armor is a terrible idea, so I won't go into more detail.??

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2010 01:57 PM by azurerogue.)
01-03-2010 01:47 PM
2bloodyknives Offline
Head Shot!

RE:??Why..

azurerogue Wrote:5
etc
etc

Did you Pull these out of your ass or what???Your Numbers do not add up.

Oah No... I get it. You are just saying it to argue. and Uhh for the matter WHO CARES if Welding mask and Skin tempering are for a limited amount of classes. If a WS Gets threw that pre cast either you better quag and agi down him like a bitch or Pray to god you can kill it before he gets to you.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2010 01:54 PM by 2bloodyknives.)
01-03-2010 01:53 PM
azurerogue Offline

My numbers don't add up? I'm not adding... It's a vertical representation of meteor hits (each meteor hits 5 times). Here, let me edit the post to make it so you can understand.

01-03-2010 01:55 PM
7seven7 Offline

Let's assume you're correct, and even bump the maximum number of simultaneous Meteors to 5 rather than 4..??Wearing this armor, you take 25% damage from each of the 5 meteors you're getting hit by, so a total of 125% MATK, or 175% MATK with salamander, as opposed to the 500% or 700% you'd be taking otherwise, so a maximum difference of 525%, but more than likely a difference of 375% MATK.??All this assuming you're actually getting hit by 5 meteors at once, which is still extremely unlikely.??However, now you're taking 1000% MATK from Storm Gust, a consistent 500% MATK difference from a far more reliable damage source that is still hitting twice as fast. Good plan.

Edit: As a supplement to this, keep in mind that when running through this precast, any hit of anything is going to flinch you, and you'll be getting hit by both SG and MS at once, so whichever flinches you more is irrelevant, and we're only concerned with damage output here.??That being said, the above math speaks for itself.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2010 04:00 PM by 7seven7.)
01-03-2010 03:47 PM
azurerogue Offline

No it doesn't. The 5 hits from meteor storm are not 1 second each - they all happen within one second - so you're getting hit much more often from several wizards spamming MS than you are from one SG in the same amount of time. This is due to the fact that Storm Gust is a ground-target, persistent spell. This is exemplified by the fact that, if you cast fast enough, you can actually Ganbantein a Storm Gust and that 3x3 area will not take anymore damage until the spell is recast. Meteor Storm is also a ground-target spell, but it is an instant one. That is to say that once the meteor hits the ground it is no longer occupying those cells anymore, meaning more meteors can fall on the same spot before a full second is up if there are enough wizards spamming. You could also have meteors fall in this diagram:

Code:
[size=large]
XXXXXXX
XXXXXXX
XMXXMXX
XXXOXMX
XXMXXXX
XXXXXXX
XXXXXXX
[/size]
M= Meteor
X= Spell Range
O= Target Cell for Casting / Player being hit

Because of how Meteor Storm works, with several bragi'd wizards casting you could have all of those meteors hit at the exact same time (and you could easily have more). Since each individual meteor hits a 7*7 area around it, you're EASILY being hit by 4 meteors at once for a total of 2000% MATK in one second. Consider the significantly more painful scenario below:

Code:
[size=large]
XXXXXXX
XMXMXXX
XMXXMXX
MXXOXMX
XXMXMXX
XMXXXXX
XXXMXXX
[/size]

For the record, with a good Bragi this situation could easily be pulled off by having 3 or four wizards. Now you're taking damage from 10 meteors all at once. That's 5000% MATK in one second and it will just keep going. Perhaps MS is beginning to hurt a bit more than SG now?

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2010 05:25 PM by azurerogue.)
01-03-2010 05:17 PM
7seven7 Offline

Assuming without review that everything you've stated is correct; you've demonstrated a situation that is possible in theory.??However so is getting an MvP card.??While it happens on occasion, it's not likely.??Considering the randomly selected cells within a fixed area, along with the idea that the player will be in motion through said area, the likelihood of being hit by 4 simultaneous meteors without using an obscene number of wizards is quite slim indeed.??Anything but literally simultaneous hits would be easily outpotted.??One wizard's meteor storm cannot drop two meteors simultaneously, meaning that in order for your scenario to work, at least 4 wizards would have to be casting meteor storm in a rhythm allowing simultaneous hits, which is hard enough to time, and on top of this, fate would have to smile upon them all for each of their meteors to hit within three cells of a moving target at the same time.??Possible? Yes.??Ever going to happen? No.??I would FAR rather tank Meteor Storm than Storm Gust in a WoE situation any day, and my experience in RO, particularly with the Professor class, is ANYTHING but trivial.??If I were going to put a marc card in a slotted elemental armor at all for use in WoE, I'd be the intelligent one using a slotted water armor, seeing as how it reduces damage from both Storm Gust and Meteor Storm, rather than increasing the damage from one to reduce the other; and as for LoV, its lag is far more deadly than its damage, if anyone even uses it.

But this is like arguing with a brick wall; just go test it out.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2010 07:59 PM by 7seven7.)
01-03-2010 07:56 PM