RE: Participation points for Mass PVP

I still wish the wings were tradeable.
01-28-2010 02:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

RE: ????Participation points for Mass PVP

Ultima_Pi Wrote:
poeticwings Wrote:In any case, if you want the wings, work harder AND smarter make a hunter AND learn how to play your class.

Quoted for truth.

fixed.

JJJ tried as a baby novice. He didn't fail too miserably. He probably did much much better than what most ppl give him credit for. +1 to JJJ. But still in the end of the day a baby novice is not a good class choice for TOH.

a hunter has at most 2 optimal build choices which at the end of the day is not that mutually exclusive (DS and auto blitz -> but even auto blitzers have at least base 70-80 dex meaning their DS damage won't be that pitiful).

a monk has basically 2 mutually-exclusive builds: All is high STR, but spirit would get more dex while agi gets more agi. And if you don't go asura you'd want to reduce dex from 9x to around 7x and get int.
If you go agi in TOH you'd probably be fine earlier on but those high def high HP 5 or 3 or 1 monsters would be a pain. AGI would probably fare better in items but still can't kill as fast as 2-3 DS per monster.
Spirit means you'll fare better against high DEF high HP monsters, but getting 7 (or was it 10) creamy fears (high HP medium low DEF) means you just can't kill them in time... hell give me 10 caterpillars and i could do it. But not high HP med low DEF... Sure asura is a viable option, but only for 5-3-1. Without zen getting spheres up 2x for 10-7 in mobby conditions is not that easy...
and then a high DEF and GHOST monster comes along... Oh My God

priests. Best option is monsters then pvp. But more often than not (be them FS or ME or TU), they'll get at best 25 points for monsters and 25 for pvp. HP at least have assumptio to make them last longer in pvp...
bringing all 4 ele wings for casting bolts in items trial might be possible, but weight limits etc makes it much harder...
sure they can go AGI melee, but really even with spike their damage output is comparably low...

so yah looking at how hunters have DS, rogues have DS or bash/BB and sins have GT/SB while swordies have bash and merchants have mammo, it really is the aco class and advanced non-trans classes that don't have that burst-instant-repeatable damage making them woefully unsuitable for TOH...

-w-
01-28-2010 11:02 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Linker and Ranked TK and Ninja would do fine in ToH.
As long as the linker and ninja don't fight high mdef monsters or shadow/holy ones!

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
01-28-2010 11:32 PM
poeticwings Away
PAGDAYAW !!

RE:??????Participation points for Mass PVP

mahawirasd Wrote:fixed.

-w-

Stop "fixing" what I say. Icon_mad

Rinato High Priest L99/70
Index Sniper L99/70
Peppermint Gypsy L99/69
The Pianist Assassin Cross L98/68
sharp Baby Hunter L99/50
Harmonia Soul Linker L91/50

The Penguin Squad Guild L9
01-29-2010 01:18 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE:??????Participation points for Mass PVP

mahawirasd Wrote:priests. Best option is monsters then pvp. But more often than not (be them FS or ME or TU), they'll get at best 25 points for monsters and 25 for pvp. HP at least have assumptio to make them last longer in pvp...
bringing all 4 ele wings for casting bolts in items trial might be possible, but weight limits etc makes it much harder...
sure they can go AGI melee, but really even with spike their damage output is comparably low..

Even in a good melee battle build,??priests are??usually stuck fighting dark/demons/undead just like they would in other builds.??Demon bane, mace mastery, and cards with a Pseudo Holy endow, and possibly Signum crucis (a skill that can reduce a Demon/undeads (Even boss flagged) hard def by up to 50%.??In ToH, you gotta think fast, and you probably won't be using??Specialty carded weapons??like you would for places you normally train at. We'd probably bring something with Santa porings for shadow or hydras/skel workers for mass battle,??and a set of ele stunners. I wouldn't rely on a spike, I hate it's def penalties (gotta worry about what little I have), and it doesn't give you much attack to crit with, there's much better maces out there.

Though, I still laugh at the fact??one of the better light side snipers was completely missing??my agi-spear pallies in mass battle last time I participated.
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2010 03:31 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
01-29-2010 03:28 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

+1 Everything what Joe said...
i only commented about Spike was because i was thinking about high DEF enemies... and of course ele stunners are great, but even then they're still somewhat worse off than melee monks imho... but at least priests get +5 points...

linkers would have no problems with shadow/holy. All the TK classes should have no problems... but yeah linkers fear Mdef and regular TK fears DEF... SGs can crit easily...

ninjas are somewhat similar to monks in the sense that they can't go both ways. It's either magic or phys... and even then they have to keep Soul up etc... kinda hard...

perhaps that light sniper was auto blitz and had +10 quad cecil comp bow? xP

-w-
01-30-2010 02:38 AM