Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Participation points for Mass PVP
Kain Offline
No, I still don't care.

RE: Participation points for Mass PVP

I like how the argument of, "It has changed in the past, thus it must change again in the future." is being used and accepted.

Ths text is a signature placeholder: Not quite as creative as a signature 'could' be. But probably more creative than yours.
01-27-2010 01:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

There is no reason to believe Dark will re-gain advantage unless gears or ToH is changed.

I support a participation bonus.
01-27-2010 01:38 PM
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

*remembers when Dark were still winning when he first arrived, and yet Seraphim Wings were already released*

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
01-27-2010 01:38 PM
Kain Offline
No, I still don't care.

Fyrus, your signature is adorable... @_@

Ths text is a signature placeholder: Not quite as creative as a signature 'could' be. But probably more creative than yours.
01-27-2010 01:40 PM
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

RE:??Participation points for Mass PVP

Kain Wrote:I like how the argument of, "It has changed in the past, thus it must change again in the future." is being used and accepted.

Can we just revamp the whole event then? Icon_suprised

Because 8 hours (8 was average when I did it) for an event is ridiculous. Period. And ToH was always a very very messy event Sweat
[/rant]

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
01-27-2010 01:52 PM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

Once you know what's in the Invisiwings, it becomes moot anyways.

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
01-27-2010 02:23 PM
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

Kain Wrote:Fyrus, your signature is adorable... @_@

You're not the first to fall for them Laugh

On-topic though, Even the presence on Seraphim Wings much before I arrived didn't change the fact that Darks owned for a full year still after these were released.

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
01-27-2010 02:52 PM
Kain Offline
No, I still don't care.

Honestly I have no idea about the system. I just came here because it seemed interesting. I'm kind of invested now and would like to see where it goes.

01-27-2010 08:34 PM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

Kain Wrote:I like how the argument of, "It has changed in the past, thus it must change again in the future." is being used and accepted.

It's happened more than one, and usually within a fairly consistant timeframe.

Linnea; We've already been trying to do that. Last monst was 5.5 hours from memory, and that half an hour was due to GMs being called away.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

01-27-2010 11:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

I'll just mention what I brought up in GM team quite awhile ago.

"Change Mass ToH from 10 down to 5 points."

Instead of everyone gets at least 5 from joining, make it so Mass PVP's ToH only gives 5. You can argue that this lowers Mass PVP's participation even more, but on the other hand, why are we giving away free points to give easier access to certainly hax gears in an event *meant to eliminate* players who aren't the cream of the (pvm*) crop? This still lowers the gap of light and dark down to only 5, but instead of bringing dark up by 5, I prefer dragging light down by 5.

If you insist on rewards for participation, I rather say give participation prize not participation points. ToH points are given for good results in the 'test', not for effort. Don't combine 2 different categories of assessments into one thing.

[*My personal bias: ToH is strictly, a pvm event, even with am apparent pvp component. Monster Trial is the unavoidable trial, and that's a pvm one. Item is also pvm, just that it is a time attack pvm instead of survival. Even if you pick pvp trial, you always have a pvm trial with you, but you can completely avoid pvp by doing 2 pvp trials. Thus, ToH is dominated by pvm. Why else is it half archer class in it?]

01-27-2010 11:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply