Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Participation points for Mass PVP
Kain Offline
No, I still don't care.

RE: ??Participation points for Mass PVP

GM-Circe Wrote:It's happened more than one, and usually within a fairly consistant timeframe.

That is a fair sentiment, patterns are reasonable to use. On the surface it seems like the whole situation is something that happens for any number of reasons that are all difficult to measure. So in that respect assuming it will switch again without knowing exactly why the switch happens and anticipating it... Would be kind of silly. It may happen, but the idea of using it in an argument when no one has solid data is odd.

Again, patterns are reasonable enough to mention. I didn't say all of that to make it seem like my first comment was made in sarcasm. xP

Ths text is a signature placeholder: Not quite as creative as a signature 'could' be. But probably more creative than yours.
01-28-2010 12:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

GM-Circe Wrote:Linnea; We've already been trying to do that. Last monst was 5.5 hours from memory, and that half an hour was due to GMs being called away.

Nice No1

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
01-28-2010 12:34 AM
poeticwings Away
PAGDAYAW !!

RE: Participation points for Mass PVP

I don't agree with this suggestion of "participation" points. It seems like an excuse for people who simply can't get their 70 points with 3 previous trials. Trivia questions now give 5 points instead of 3 like years ago and it's no longer first to answer gets the points. Isn't that enough of a bonus already? (And don't complain about the trivia questions. If you can't get past those then why don't you try harder in monster/item/pvp?)These participation points for mass battle are nothing but FREE points. Losing team doesn't even need to do anything to get five points? If this were implemented, then some people who expect their side to lose won't even try: "Oh I have 65 points already. I'll still get wings if we lose." Wtf?

Changing the sprite for dark wings isn't possible or likely. Why? There are plenty of people with 5th gen dark wings already. Some with more than than one pair. What are you going to do for the people who like the wings the way they are? And no, we do not need a 4th set of 5th generation wings.

In any case, if you want the wings, work harder smarter.

Rinato High Priest L99/70
Index Sniper L99/70
Peppermint Gypsy L99/69
The Pianist Assassin Cross L98/68
sharp Baby Hunter L99/50
Harmonia Soul Linker L91/50

The Penguin Squad Guild L9
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2010 12:44 AM by poeticwings.)
01-28-2010 12:42 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

RE:??Participation points for Mass PVP

+1 what Ayu said regarding it being a test and not a free give away...

and perhaps on the same reasoning (because you said 5 will only lower turnout) making it 15 or 20 might increase turnout?

oh and fixed:
poeticwings Wrote:In any case, if you want the wings, work harder AND smarter make a hunter.

-w-
01-28-2010 02:54 AM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

mahawirasd Wrote:oh and fixed:
poeticwings Wrote:In any case, if you want the wings, work harder AND smarter make a hunter.

-w-

Aside from stating the obvious (and yes hunters make everything easier), the ToH system has been longing for a revamp.

Keeping in mind, 'what is the purpose of ToH, and how can it be balanced to make it viable for every class, and perhaps automated in which more can be done at once (because honestly, 5 hours for a single event in which 70% of your time is waiting for your next turn is ridiculous)

This isn't Disneyland, and for such an 'important' event efficiency will dramatically improve the event as a whole.

I understand there are a lot of hardships that come along with being a GM, so don't get me wrong, I am trying to give constructive suggestions.
Massive 'one side versus the other' are always unbalanced, due to the innate nature of one said being favored over another. Happens all the time with any other game that gives you such a choice. Such a thing cannot really be equal/fair no matter how you look at it.

Personally I would suggest getting ride of the need for it, in exchange either reducing the cost of everything by 5 and making it completely 'for fun' or just taking it out all together.

01-28-2010 03:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

I'd be totally cool with the wings being easier to get or the event being just for fun.
01-28-2010 03:42 AM
poeticwings Away
PAGDAYAW !!

mahawirasd Wrote:+1 what Ayu said regarding it being a test and not a free give away...

and perhaps on the same reasoning (because you said 5 will only lower turnout) making it 15 or 20 might increase turnout?

oh and fixed:

-w-

Actually saw hunters struggling in ToH by observing who exited each room and who received 0 points. Yet sharp and Hoshise can get wings as baby hunters. That's just sad. Icon_mad

poeticwings Wrote:In any case, if you want the wings, work harder AND smarter make a hunter learn how to play your class.

Rinato High Priest L99/70
Index Sniper L99/70
Peppermint Gypsy L99/69
The Pianist Assassin Cross L98/68
sharp Baby Hunter L99/50
Harmonia Soul Linker L91/50

The Penguin Squad Guild L9
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2010 04:45 AM by poeticwings.)
01-28-2010 04:44 AM
TPC Offline
I like pie

I totally agree with what Ayu said. Rather have some other price than points for mass battle.

My chars: TPC / Tjuven / Dansare / Sinne / Magiker / Byracka / Krigare / Andreas
01-28-2010 07:57 AM
Krumb Offline
Lazy Cartographer

If one were to make the mass PvP a prize only event, it'd have to be a very good prize for people to still go. For example, if I received 70-100 points in item + monster trial, what's to stop me from leaving and trading in for my wings later? Sticking around through PvP, trivia and then mass PvP would be at least an hour, probably more. In that hour one could probably farm up most of the prizes from ToH, with less competition since 1/4 of the server is still watching Herman smash someone into the ground with his cart.

If prizes were introduced for mass PvP, adding 1-2 more question(s) to trivia might keep more people around. These means the possible points from Mass PvP is open for everyone, without relying on allegiance members sticking around. Furthermore, this would also appease those who use classes not well equipped for ToH by giving them a better chance at getting wings.

"Don't be a dick"
01-28-2010 12:00 PM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

RE:????Participation points for Mass PVP

Krumb Wrote:In that hour one could probably farm up most of the prizes from ToH, with less competition since 1/4 of the server is still watching Herman smash someone into the ground with his cart.

This assumes he remembers to bring money.

poeticwings Wrote:Actually saw snipers struggling in ToH by observing who exited each room and who received 0 points. Yet sharp and Hoshise can get wings as baby hunters. That's just sad. Icon_mad

Fixed.

poeticwings Wrote:In any case, if you want the wings, work harder AND smarter make a hunter learn how to play your class.

Quoted for truth.

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2010 12:11 PM by Ultima_Pi.)
01-28-2010 12:09 PM