Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Changes to WoE
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE: Changes to WoE

I think Aaron just meant to give them some custom drop to make it worth farming. To be honest, I sincerely enjoyed Geffen GD as a 9x GC Sader - it was a fish-intensive experience but the exp/hour was amazing. Mob wraith dead and zombie masters in a matter of seconds (since there was never ANYONE else there) and kill. Spam fish. Rinse/repeat.

But I'm extremely happy with all the feedback (not because it all agrees with me - but because it's all been constructive and helpful). I like Marivel's suggestion of one castle per town. I don't think it would have the reverse effect - I think it would probably result in more fighting between Behemoth and Seraph as we both try to hold more than one castle (which would allow a smaller guild a chance to come in and break).

Now I know that no small guild will immediately take and hold castle and build up eco. But they don't have that chance now, either. At least with the extra castles open, they could break the emp and get GD access or a few chests. Which do you think is more depressing, not being able to build up eco at all or not ever even getting a castle to begin with?

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
01-26-2010 03:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shikari Offline
Br?

Opening more castles and making fixed God Item mat drops per castle would thin out the larger guilds forces (assuming they want more than one castle) so smaller guild can attack them easier, alliances will have a purpose again besides helping tank a single pre-emp/emp room, more strategy would be needed, ect ect.

For the guild dungeons I don't really mind, the way that they're right now allows you to pk people from other guilds making it harder to simply farm the sh*t out of them...

IMO, open more castles and fixed GItems mats seem like a good idea.

btw question, are god item materials tradable?

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
01-26-2010 05:14 PM
Matsu Away
King of Aesthetic

Here are my euro's xD
Point 1: Newer Guilds CAN'T get a castle, atleast if they dont have 30+ online. (all WoE geared)
Reason: You guys know I'm the leader of Aesthetic.. yes we suck, doesn't matter.. I've seen how people WoE here, plus saw the defenses. EVERY newer guild will get owned by these things. Since there is always this up: Loki,AD,Pneuma,Wizzies. If you have a GR or GTB it would be somewhat easier. Both guilds: behe and seraph. Have these things. And attacking each other doesn't work that much too.. *proven*

Point 2:
You have this group you always WoE with, it's always the same people. But what happens is: '' New group of players who want to WoE in a WoE active guild'' They get talked to by behe,seraph, and maybe even us.. and they probably only want to join seraph or behe since they have themselves already settled... Meaning, new people join the big guilds.

I have to admit I was one of the persons who said: ''make one castle''.. but after all these weeks I realized...
Guilds are too scared to lose their castle. Plus they have to sit and wait 1 hour.. *mostly*
But opening a third (or maybe even a fourth).. would lead to new tactics, More killing and IMO, more guilds who want to TRY to get it. I totally support the idea of making the god items less powerful but still implementing them..

Also... I totally agree with most of the things mentioned here... there has to be done SOMETHING...
01-26-2010 06:14 PM
exwing Offline
Ex

Again, going on about god items, it's been what 4 years that the guild has been running, and not a single one has been on the server, MvP cards are more of a threat, hell even getting an MvP card has a higher chance then making a God Item. Further more, each god item does have their weight set back.

Frankly, if people actually gave some time to thinking and planning for war like the bigger guilds do, they'd probably do a hell of a lot better. If they were really smart to think of the skills you have at hand to use and the key charters for a real assault, instead of thinking, "oh I need this super mega ultra weapon/armor or I'll be worthless in WoE" it wouldn't be that hard, but yes, most people do flock over to one of the bigger guilds, because no one is trying hard to make another fighting guild, that is to say, they don't take the time and effort to advertise themselves to the newer people coming into the server. That is where new blood and potential come from, as well for being a guild leader to actually having a general knowledge of the game, charters and opposing guilds.

To open another castle will lead to the following whining; It's not fair that ----- took two castles this war, yeah it might lead to slightly more fighting but the bottom line is that even if newer guilds do start to show up the same issue is going to keep coming up unless they actually want to lead a guild (it's not a fun task to take on, it's demanding and tiresome). Further more small guilds might have a "chance" to take a castle and enjoy a few chest's and access to the Guild dun.

However if what I think does come to pass, it's going to become a satellite castle for a bigger guild. you think that any given large guild will simply throw up a few units very last second without thinking about the time limit? Well that is pretty stupid thinking. given how wars are, 5 or more players can be sent out at any given time, most likely to place an attack that has been going part if not the whole war, now to simply say, "okay we'll go at the very last second to take a this castle", truth is that guild leaders are not that stupid. last 5-10 min's with warps and buffs, you think a small team that has been sent out for a specific reason cann't get to that castle and kill the weaker/new guild inside, that is not only going to lead to the whine, but also demoralization of said guild.

Out of all the "guild" leaders there have been in the past, only the ones that had a goal or plan in mind actually succeed in WoE because they are in the fight for something. Keeping a Guild in check, and constantly being active is not something most people like to do even in as a group effort. That is why guilds do not grow, why they either turn social (plague) or just die out because there is no motivation to do anything (better fate then becoming a social),

To sum it up, if you want more people to fight in a War, you need someone who will lead them. Without that key role, you are just going to be giving away a satellite to what ever larger.
01-26-2010 07:50 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Ex, your point about whining is decent - but it seems to be running under the assumption that the current system (two guilds holding two castles) produces either a) less whining or b) higher morale for new guilds. Yes, if you open two new castles, both Behemoth and Seraph will probably break the second castle with a minute or less to spare most times. However, it doesn't mean it will always happen. It will give new guilds a chance to actually accomplish something in WoE, no matter how small or how temporary.

If you really think that's a problem, then the only other solution that remains is to open so many castles that Behemoth and Seraph can't possibly dominate all of them. It will allow for multiple battle locations instead of one focal point for every conflict (which, let's be honest, is boring and predictable). It also forces Behemoth and Seraph (and any future guild) to think strategically about how many castles they can take/hold without losing high eco in the ones necessary to accomplish their goals (by un-randomizing castle chests, either fully or somewhat).

Just my feedback on your points. But you do bring up some good points, Ex. Not trying to fight - just providing my continued feedback on the castle situation.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
01-26-2010 08:35 PM
Matsu Away
King of Aesthetic

I'm not exactly saying you need a GR to get a castle, but I'm sure it makes things a lot easier. Also that 5 min break ish whine stuff you talk about, doesnt really matter.. since if they don't have the people to keep a castle, then its obviously they can lose it very easily. IF there is going to be 1 or 2 more castles open. I think more people would actually want to WoE.. I rather call it, a fun hour of PvP than something you HAVE to do otherwise you are a noob what so ever.. But how bigger the group how more fun WoE gets... And IMO you don't need really SOMEONE in general, but just Officers with your account details, if that's needed. If you can't trust your officers, than rather just disband >_>;
Also filling your guild with new people who say they are going to WoE isnt the best way to go either - proven - But you never know what it could become... Anyway, I'm happy as long my guild WoE's (also hunt their items) and can even be a help for Behe. (sometimes xD)

anyway >>;

Hmm, If you can hold 2 castles max.. what would you do?
(if there were 4 castles open ( only trans)
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2010 08:47 PM by Matsu.)
01-26-2010 08:45 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

On the remote and small talk of War of Emperiums and that Ghostrings have been brought up... is Namin? asking too much if people give the Renewal Elemental Table a consideration on thought for it even with current mechanics? It may serve as decent compromise for Ghostring user and those who do not have it, and the changes to the four elements have always made much more sense to Namin? compare to the current table... Woe to earth armor who shall have no hope of being useful at all until Renewal enters the play~

[Image: Ele_table_1.jpg]
[Image: Ele_table_2.jpg]
[Image: Ele_table_3.jpg]
[Image: Ele_table_4.jpg]

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
01-26-2010 09:20 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Oh dear... seems like Namin? exceeded the picture limit.

[Image: Ele_table_3.jpg]
[Image: Ele_table_4.jpg]

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2010 09:22 PM by Namine.)
01-26-2010 09:21 PM
exwing Offline
Ex

RE:??Changes to WoE

Matsu Wrote:And IMO you don't need really SOMEONE in general, but just Officers with your account details, if that's needed. If you can't trust your officers, than rather just disband >_>;
Also filling your guild with new people who say they are going to WoE isnt the best way to go either - proven - But you never know what it could become...

The point still stands, even with 1 person or a group of people leading, you still need someone willing to take the time and effort, how many guild leaders have commanders they can trust to do what needs to be done? My point still stands that you need a figure head to lead them with the intent of doing something.

In what way was that proven? because I recall when I started my Guild going into war, I did just add any new person wanting to play, wanting to get better, and being semi active, and we worked our way to the top by working as a team, making allies, and we got things done. Your theory about filling your guild with new people who say they are going to WoE isn't the best way to go hold's no water, because I did that and it worked because I put in the time effort and had the general knowledge of what the hell I was doing and what I wanted.

To albus: What I was saying is that, when a small guild gets constantly destroyed by a bigger, more skilled, and more often then not, better geared small team. it will lead to discouragement of said small guild, unless they have the leadership to bring the morale and re-group. With time they can get better and they could fend them off, but more often then anything, the guild dies out or people start to quit on them leaving for a better chance of doing what they were set out to do.These people who go into war do NOT last long, they quit because they lose too many people or cannot give the guild the attention it needs, because of that, most people become "Social Plague's" that just sit around or join one of the already large forces that fight each other.

In the end the Leader(s) of the guild are what make it or break it in terms of going to war.
01-26-2010 10:28 PM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

Just...after reading all this, I thought of a small suggestion...

How about, if more castles are opened, guilds that own a castle at the time not be allowed to take them? Is this even a feasible suggestion?

I'm positive if it is, more immediate competition will result from it.

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
01-26-2010 10:35 PM