Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Prontera and other places too.
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Prontera and other places too.

well TPC, it's called economies of scale. Here in Indonesia the infrastructure ain't that great, so i understand why the ISPs can't provide services comparable to US/europe's pricing and standards.

And yeah, Telkom Speedy provides cheap packages as low as 10 bucks (maybe lower) with an allotted amount of traffic allowed...

you have to understand that although it might not make sense for those living in the US/europe, in 3rd world countries such as indonesia, capacity to consume is also lower/more erratic meaning things like bundle packages especially for telecommunication services such as yearly mobile packages etc don't always sell. Most people in indonesia uses pre-paid mobile vouchers.

So i feel for the ISPs, i really do. I totally understand why they have to package things they way they do.

But yeah it means that until better infrastructure is readily available for larger areas, i'm stuck with my connection making indonesian players in HeRO somewhat lagging at least half a second compared to those living in the US/europe. Plus more pos lag... Cry

-w-
01-27-2010 02:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TPC Offline
I like pie

RE: Prontera and other places too.

Ah, well, nevermind then. I actually thought you lived in the US, because the US has seriously overprices internet in some areas due to lack of competition and greedy ISPs. I hope you get better infrastructure soon then. Icon_biggrin

My chars: TPC / Tjuven / Dansare / Sinne / Magiker / Byracka / Krigare / Andreas
01-27-2010 07:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply