Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Buff NPC
Former-GM-Mystra Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Buff NPC

The buff NPC wasn't worth it. It has 5 minutes buffs and you loose time going to your hunting place. It was more of a: buff, kill 1-2 minutes, BWing, re-buff...

If you want buffs, get a priest. Icon_smile

~ RMS ~ Top 100 ~ Top 200 ~ Vote Daily!!
[Image: Mystrad.jpg]
~ Support Tickets ~
02-10-2010 05:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

RE:??Buff NPC

GM-Mystra Wrote:If you want buffs, get a priest. Icon_smile

That argument could be used agaisn't the npc-healer, but w/e i'm agaisnt npc-buffer and for npc-healer, so *woot woot* useless post of mine...

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
02-10-2010 06:34 PM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

RE:??Buff NPC

Manifus Wrote:When my ingame daughter was on her priest she got such disrespect. 'Hey priest, buff me.' and such. People suck. D:

lol if people go like; "Yo priesty buff me" and i don;t react a second later because i;m busy with Kafra's or anything and they would go like "Oi priesty, i said buff meh!" i just say "Be pacient, i'm busy atm or just leave" or just say "NO". 9/10 times the walk around to find another priest but yes i do know what you mean in how people react on some priests. Some guy got pissed at me cause i couldn't warp him to some dung, and trying to explain why only made him more mad x'D

But on the other hand i'd feel sad if we got a buff NCP, i mean what am i suppost to do then when i get bored D:? i like buffing random people in Prontera ;p

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
02-11-2010 01:31 AM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

RE: ??Buff NPC

Kittie Wrote:
Manifus Wrote:When my ingame daughter was on her priest she got such disrespect. 'Hey priest, buff me.' and such. People suck. D:

lol if people go like; "Yo priesty buff me" and i don;t react a second later because i;m busy with Kafra's or anything and they would go like "Oi priesty, i said buff meh!" i just say "Be pacient, i'm busy atm or just leave" or just say "NO". 9/10 times the walk around to find another priest but yes i do know what you mean in how people react on some priests. Some guy got pissed at me cause i couldn't warp him to some dung, and trying to explain why only made him more mad x'D

But on the other hand i'd feel sad if we got a buff NCP, i mean what am i suppost to do then when i get bored D:? i like buffing random people in Prontera ;p

I personally ninja heal from under shops.

As for when you get bored? Play with meee. XP
I know, Im an agi class, priests don't like agi classes. =(

02-11-2010 02:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lunch Offline
Tasty Omelette.

RE:????Buff NPC

Also I don't support the idea of having a Buff NPC. Buffs are something priests excel in and are proud of after all (at least I am x3). Of course it's extremely annoying when some people talk to you like to NPC indeed.. "I want a buff" and "buff plz" - but those I ignore completely and thankfully, they won't usually ask for a second time. So if it's that hard to write please, no buffs from me. Maybe that's cruel from some point of view but even priests can be busy sometimes, and I really don't want to encourage people to think of priests as some walking around buffers, solely existing for the sake of other players. Not saying they can't do that, but I won't, even if it meant more disrespect for me solely.

Icon_razz

Manifus Wrote:I know, Im an agi class, priests don't like agi classes. =(
And that's most definitely not true. I'd play with anyone, regardless of class (assuming the person is not a jerk). While the possible reason I could think of would only be that it might be hard to get used to slightly different playing style but that kinda goes for both parties involved. On top of that, it doesn't really require much patience to get used to it anyway.

Icon_suprised
02-11-2010 03:33 AM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

RE: ????Buff NPC

Lunch Wrote:Also I don't support the idea of having a Buff NPC. Buffs are something priests excel in and are proud of after all (at least I am x3). Of course it's extremely annoying when some people talk to you like to NPC indeed.. "I want a buff" and "buff plz" - but those I ignore completely and thankfully, they won't usually ask for a second time. So if it's that hard to write please, no buffs from me. Maybe that's cruel from some point of view but even priests can be busy sometimes, and I really don't want to encourage people to think of priests as some walking around buffers, solely existing for the sake of other players. Not saying they can't do that, but I won't, even if it meant more disrespect for me solely.

Icon_razz

Manifus Wrote:I know, Im an agi class, priests don't like agi classes. =(
And that's most definitely not true. I'd play with anyone, regardless of class (assuming the person is not a jerk). While the possible reason I could think of would only be that it might be hard to get used to slightly different playing style but that kinda goes for both parties involved. On top of that, it doesn't really require much patience to get used to it anyway.

Icon_suprised

First of all. Saying Priests Excel as a buff class and then saying that people shouldn't think of them as a walking buff machines is contradicting! D: Sure they can heal too, but come on!~
(Clearly joking, don't hate me.)

^- What I meant by that is that agi classes generally kill stuff slower/less efficient, than nuke classes / hunter classes. Not to mention priests can pretty much solo faster then they can party unless it is a really awesome group/dungeon.

Thirdly! If you think your class could be replaced by an npc.
GM-Mystra Wrote:The buff NPC wasn't worth it. It has 5 minutes buffs and you loose time going to your hunting place. It was more of a: buff, kill 1-2 minutes, BWing, re-buff...
It was worth it for those using it. Else it would have gone unused. From what I remember it was only 3,500 zeny anyways. Anyways, yeah, it wasn't by any means the downfall of the priest class.

So now that people are done avoiding the question - what did happen to it? I know it was taken out an all, just curious as to when and why? Any official statements of some sort? ;o

02-11-2010 03:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lunch Offline
Tasty Omelette.

RE:??????Buff NPC

I'm not avoiding the question, yet I can't answer it either, thus I will continue clearing at least a couple of possible misunderstandings.

Manifus Wrote:Saying Priests Excel as a buff class and then saying that people shouldn't think of them as a walking buff machines is contradicting! D: Sure they can heal too, but come on!~
To be honest, I see no contradiction in that. Yes, I meant what I said but in turn, thinking of them as buff machines is a different thing. By the way, I never used words "Buff class". They are for obvious reasons the best buffers but they can do much more than that and they are not obliged to constantly buff random people who have no respect for them.

Manifus Wrote:What I meant by that is that agi classes generally kill stuff slower/less efficient, than nuke classes / hunter classes. Not to mention priests can pretty much solo faster then they can party unless it is a really awesome group/dungeon.
I've been playing in combo with two knights for about 90% of my priest career and I never thought that I could ever level by myself as fast as we did together. Now I'm mainly playing with LK, and I definitely wouldn't call that slow.. Sure, it might be a tad slower than playing with nuke classes maybe but agi classes have their advantages instead. I'm personally focused on working in combo with knights as you can see, so sadly I have no close experience with working with 'proper agi classes' like rogue and assassin are but providing enough flee and kyrie or assumptio, leveling shouldn't be that much of a problem?

Manifus Wrote:If you think your class could be replaced by an npc.
No, I'm not thinking it would. I just happen to like the idea without a buffer, healer, etc. NPC's. Yes, I'd even give away NPC healer if I could. At least then everyone wouldn't be obsessed with "Bragi" but Apple of Idun song would prove to be of the utmost popularity!

Oh god, I bet people hate me now. Icon_twisted
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2010 04:56 AM by Lunch.)
02-11-2010 04:50 AM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

RE: ??????Buff NPC

Lunch Wrote:I'm not avoiding the question, yet I can't answer it either, thus I will continue clearing at least a couple of possible misunderstandings.

Manifus Wrote:Saying Priests Excel as a buff class and then saying that people shouldn't think of them as a walking buff machines is contradicting! D: Sure they can heal too, but come on!~
To be honest, I see no contradiction in that. Yes, I meant what I said but in turn, thinking of them as buff machines is a different thing. By the way, I never used the words "Buff class". They are for obvious reasons the best buffers but they can do much more than that and they are not obliged to constantly buff random people who have no other respect for them.

Manifus Wrote:What I meant by that is that agi classes generally kill stuff slower/less efficient, than nuke classes / hunter classes. Not to mention priests can pretty much solo faster then they can party unless it is a really awesome group/dungeon.
I've been playing in combo with two knights for about 90% of my priest career and I never thought that I could ever level by myself as fast as we did together. Now I'm mainly playing with a LK, and I definitely wouldn't call that slow.. Sure, it might be a tad slower than playing with nuke classes maybe but agi classes have their advantages instead. I'm personally focused on working in combo with knights as you can see, so sadly I have no close experience with working with 'proper agi classes' like rogue and assassin are but providing enough flee and kyrie or assumptio, leveling shouldn't be that much of a problem?

Manifus Wrote:If you think your class could be replaced by an npc.
No, I'm not thinking it would. I just happen to like the idea without a buffer, healer, etc. NPC's. Yes, I'd even give away NPC healer if I could. At least them everyone wouldn't be obsessed with "Bragi" but Apple of Idun song would prove to be of the utmost popularity!

Oh god, I bet people hate me now. Icon_twisted

Just to state that question avoiding wasn't at you per say, just the utter lack of question answering in this entire thread! D:
I need to give the Buff NPC a proper burial is all.

Turn undead has become awesome that way...boring though, oh so boring. ;o Admittedly just about any class levels much faster than normal when a priest is involved, just for the shear amount of brutality they can take with a priest keeping them up.

Even so, watching hunters/snipers obliterate everything before you can even get within range of it gets to be a mood kill in big groups. Why is it all these priests decide that leveling with agi classes is okay AFTER I finally get 99. >.<

Back in the day the healer NPC used to be so freakishly expensive that we used the actual built in Inns instead, or was it just that the Inns prices were raised since then... Anyways. There is always that as a fall back. ;p

02-11-2010 05:00 AM
Irxallis Offline
Adventuring Archivist

Sorry for offtopic, but one thing I can clear.
Lunch Wrote:I'm personally focused on working in combo with knights as you can see, so sadly I have no close experience with working with 'proper agi classes' like rogue and assassin are but providing enough flee and kyrie or assumptio, leveling shouldn't be that much of a problem?
During my whole RO career I have been playing mostly with 'pure' Agi classes and I can personally attest to the fact they are very viable as leveling partners. The major difference between supporting Agi classes and supporting other classes is great emphasis on Safety Wall skill and Status Recovery skill.

Agi demands much less SP from a priest and is generally a very nice holder, unless you get into a too large mob or have your fleetank stunned - then you cast SW -> StatRec or just spam SW like no tomorrow. Places where you can get Changed Undead are also much better for Agi chars.

Agi is not worse or better than Vit in PvE (except MVPing). It's just different.

Of course, as most people play in a very rigid, pre-defined parties (mostly at Nameless) with the set composition and specific style there is really no place for an Agi character to shine, but saying Agi characters are useless because they cannot mob necromancers is like saying wizards are useless, because they cannot kill Kasas.

Look at Bradium Golems, for example. They require only 282 flee for 95% miss chance and they use OI (Investigate) as one of their skills. This is a place I will definitely get a rogue or an assasin to hold. In case of a stun, SW and StatRec. This is not number-mongering, I did it that way ;-)

/end offtopic

Manifus Wrote:Even so, watching hunters/snipers obliterate everything before you can even get within range of it gets to be a mood kill in big groups.
In my opinion, that means you are either in a wrong party or you function as an insurance (like a hunter in my Bradium party, to kill Centipedes and ensure the squishies stay alive). Most interesting places have either very high monster density (so you are a holder because if you are not your squishies will die) or high enough monster hit points (so you can stop the monster and deal some damage). Example of #1 - Magma2, Juperos1, maybe Nameless1. Example of #2 - Odin3, Dimensional Gorge, Abyss3.

---
Personally, I like Healer NPC (I would have to become a hermit to avoid the OMG PRIEZT HL! NAU! I know from other servers >.>) and I wouldn't be terribly unhappy if Buff NPC was here, though I prefer Buff NPC not to be here ^^. After all, if you wait long enough your HP and SP will recover on its own (waiting -> boring, everything which removes boring -> good) but buffs are indeed artificial. So... yeah, I like it as it is ;-).

IGN: Irxallis, 99 FS High Priest (DEX>INT>VIT)
Timezone: GMT+1 (server time +6)
Guild: -
Availability: on demand only

BG equipment = best PvM (demi-human) equipment to achieve only in PvP. Thus, on hiatus, unless you need us.
02-11-2010 05:24 AM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

@mani: What lunch says is true. I love playing with all classes in all builds, i'm not someone who wouldn;t want to party with someone cause they have a certain build XD soo PM me and lets kick ass >:] <3

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
02-11-2010 01:26 PM