Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
feeding homunculus
Ayna Offline
Gypsy Woman

RE: feeding homunculus

I meant when I'm afk out of the room for too long. I don't like to personally use a timer, just easier to Rest her. Most of the time, I'm in front of the laptop, anyway, since the desk is besides my bed and mobile.

But I'm with the two above. =x Homun feeding is...so boring and tedious. I often alt-tab in town if guild is quiet.

[Image: Sig.png]
Ayna || 97/66 Gypsy
Camy || 94/61 High Priest
Hopscotch || 68/37 Alchemist
Constantia || 82/50 Linker
Fauna || 78/48 Dancer
Cicero Barone || Sage-to-be
Locket || Wizard-to-be
03-03-2010 02:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Serenity Away
Serenity Now

RE:??feeding homunculus

azurerogue Wrote:Seriously, though, I sometimes wonder if we don't get too bogged down with rules here.??We can't dual client (whatever, that's the GMs call - even though I feel like that rule only exists "just because"), we can't use hard-earned MVP card (Dark Lord) to trigger auto attacks while we aren't there (again, I'm actually okay with this rule - but why???Because it's "unfair" that someone who spent the time / got lucky can use an awesome card in an awesome way?), we can't afk level with a homunculus (certainly not game breaking in my opinion), and now people are worried about alt+tabbing while SITTING IN TOWN to feed their homunculus (one of the most boring activities, especially for Lif owners, whose homunc can't effectively kill for the first 150 hours of life) because they might get banned.??Basically, it feels like half of the rules on this server are there because the GMs wanted to keep the idea of RO being one of the most mindless-grind games alive - rather than make the playing experience easier and more efficient.??I know, people will say that next I'll want botting to be allowed.??I'm not suggesting that - I'm just saying we should stop going out of our way to make the playing experience even more grind-based than it needs to be.??

Don't scare homunculus owners into needing to stare at their screen 24/7 while they're in a town with NO monsters AND their homunculus is on passive.?

+1. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Lify ~ Moon Light
-------------------------
Back from the dead once again.
03-03-2010 02:47 PM
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

I thought Namin?'s answer was clear enough.

The rules state:
Do Not Bot/Macro
Botting will result in a permanent ban of all accounts and any type of macro will result in a permanent account ban, no exceptions. Failure to pass the botting/macro test from GMs, regardless of "actual reasons," will be treated as using bots or macro programs.

So, to feed your homun, you must be there doing it manually in town or not in town. So there is no ambiguity here right?

The only warning we give is, if you do it in town, be there for a few minutes before and after to make sure you do not get bot checked for auto-feeding your homun.

The other rules states:
- No AFK leveling.
Afk leveling will be considered the same as botting, if you must go away from keyboard do so in a monsterless map or send your homunculus to sleep.

If you do that in town, well, you are odd. This is for when you're hunting. You are playing, not the bot program. If you are playing then of course, you would not be using a program to feed it either so you're not breaking any rules. Refering to rule above for this...

^_^;

As for being bogged down by rules, the rules were simple before. Do not bot, do not cheat, be good, play nice. Then people started using loopholes to say they weren't breaking the rules, so we had to get creative with paragraphs, sub-paragraphs, notes and cases... Icon_sad

Not fun for us either, if we could go back to the simple rules, we would love it.. really.

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
03-03-2010 04:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Former-GM-Nara Offline
Nara-Oopsies™ since 2009

You guys are blowing everything out of huge proportion. I originally miss read that someone said they sat outside of town. But let me clerify the homu thing.

People auto feed, they have done it before and they'll do it again. We have cought plenty of people auto feeding while supposedly afk in town, and CONTINUE to autofeed while in jail. All we are saying you can afk in town and feed pet but be more aware of your surroundings. Leave PM box open as someone mentioned, stay around for??30 secs after feeding, turn off your main so you'd see if anyone talks to you normally. All we ask is for you to pay attention and not fail a bot check. Excuses after the fact won't work. Plenty of alchy's afked in town like that to raise their homu and the didn't have any problems.

A recommendation I'd also have not mentioned is to go fishing or mining for future use or to earn some cash. That way time passes and you can still talk to people and keep an eye on your homu. Yes I know you have lives outside RO and a lot of people feed their homu while doing homework, and that's fine. Just be more careful is all we say.

Edit: Aki Ninjaed me lol

[Image: Meow_by_CriG.gif]
Fear the all mighty!
Review heRO RMS
heRO: Wiki ~ Forum ~ CP ~ Support ticket
03-03-2010 04:20 PM
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

Evil

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
03-03-2010 04:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

Though sometimes paragraphs make rules more complicated than they actually are. Thinking The most notorious example being the MVP Dominance rule.

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
03-03-2010 04:45 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE:??feeding homunculus

GM-Aki Wrote:As for being bogged down by rules, the rules were simple before. Do not bot, do not cheat, be good, play nice. Then people started using loopholes to say they weren't breaking the rules, so we had to get creative with paragraphs, sub-paragraphs, notes and cases... Icon_sad

Not fun for us either, if we could go back to the simple rules, we would love it.. really.

That's what elastic clauses are for.??Or, better yet, just ban them anyways if they're cheating.??You're the GMs.??You don't have to explain yourselves to anyone, other than to Pandora perhaps.

EDIT: As for being more careful... I don't think you should rely on a test to "prove" that someone is auto-feeding that fails if the person feeds and walks away. PMing the person, or even using skills, is not a definitive enough test in my opinion. It only proves that the person wasn't there at that exact moment. Maybe you should @recall them to a strange map (jail comes to mind) and then see what they say the next time they feed. If you don't notice moving from Prontera to Jail map I'd say it's fairly certain you're not actually at the computer. Not noticing a PM sent after you feed, or skills spammed after you're already alt+tabbed again shouldn't constitute proof that you're auto-feeding.

Then again, see the first thing I wrote in this post.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2010 04:55 PM by azurerogue.)
03-03-2010 04:52 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Albus is my heRO in this topic.
I wouldn't mind being a little less strict in some of the rules :x

Daycares are not ftw!

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
03-03-2010 05:04 PM
Former-GM-Nara Offline
Nara-Oopsies™ since 2009

If we get to be elastic people will QQ at us more then they do now saying the usual: I didn't break the rules, the GM's are just out to get me. So don't QQ at us with the current rules, direct your QQ's at the players who forced rule changes upon the rest of you.

[Image: Meow_by_CriG.gif]
Fear the all mighty!
Review heRO RMS
heRO: Wiki ~ Forum ~ CP ~ Support ticket
03-03-2010 05:17 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Yah too many meanies that somehow got away with more stuff than they should have!

*Waits for someone to say she's one of these said blah*

@edited by Nara, D: you know better then this!

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
03-03-2010 05:28 PM