Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
feeding homunculus
Former-GM-Nara Offline
Nara-Oopsies™ since 2009

RE: feeding homunculus

If you are alt tabing I suggest you go back to town if you happen to get caught up with something. Better safe then sorry.

[Image: Meow_by_CriG.gif]
Fear the all mighty!
Review heRO RMS
heRO: Wiki ~ Forum ~ CP ~ Support ticket
03-03-2010 07:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Emerald Offline

RE:??feeding homunculus

GM-Nara Wrote:If you are alt tabing I suggest you go back to town if you happen to get caught up with something. Better safe then sorry.

Looking for clarification, please Question Mark TPC said that this is something he does in town. So... is it okay to be alt-tabbing while doing this in town, assuming the homunculus is in passive mode? If so, it'd be neat to be able to do some sketching and gain intimacy at the same time without having to worry about breaking a rule Icon_wink

——¤——
W E A P O N
03-03-2010 09:30 AM
Matsu Away
King of Aesthetic

I thought it was only banable when you sit afk on fields and dungeons.. So maybe a better question is: Does a GM Bot-Check you when you're afk in a town?
03-03-2010 09:53 AM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

If we see your homun being fed at pretty exact intervals while in town, then we may.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

03-03-2010 10:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Iced Blue Away
The Original Crystal Light

Lovely, im glad nothing happened to me.. I was setting an egg timer for every 20 minutes ** feeding at 14 -24 ** While sitting in pront. I do this because I have a 9month old.

However I do have my pm's pop up into a chat window, so when my friends wanted to get a hold of me they would pm me to leave a message. And I would get back to them in the next 20 minutes ... I told them 'if im semi afk ** feeding my homun ** she'll be out. If im afk I put her away.'

Im confused now.. and even more worried about getting a ban over a homun..
03-03-2010 10:17 AM
Ayna Offline
Gypsy Woman

Good thing I put it away when I'm afk for longer than ten minutes.

[Image: Sig.png]
Ayna || 97/66 Gypsy
Camy || 94/61 High Priest
Hopscotch || 68/37 Alchemist
Constantia || 82/50 Linker
Fauna || 78/48 Dancer
Cicero Barone || Sage-to-be
Locket || Wizard-to-be
03-03-2010 10:20 AM
loveapples Offline
I'm around... somewhere

I tend to forget I have my vanil out sometimes... >_>
03-03-2010 10:41 AM
Flare Offline
These sinners never sin...

RE:??feeding homunculus

Ayna Wrote:Good thing I put it away when I'm afk for longer than ten minutes.

This might be the best answer I've seen.

[Image: 97427070.png]
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons
03-03-2010 11:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Iced Blue Away
The Original Crystal Light

RE: ??feeding homunculus

Flare Wrote:
Ayna Wrote:Good thing I put it away when I'm afk for longer than ten minutes.

This might be the best answer I've seen.

That defeats the purpose of being aloud to afk with a homun in town.

And having a timer set for 20 minutes lets you do a lot while your afk.

Study, Draw, House work, Read, or in some cases do actual work *while your working a job*

There needs to be a better way to check if someone is using a feeding program. /sigh
03-03-2010 12:10 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

See my previous post.??It's not about a better way to check, it's about beginning the ISP payment-structure revolution!

Seriously, though, I sometimes wonder if we don't get too bogged down with rules here.??We can't dual client (whatever, that's the GMs call - even though I feel like that rule only exists "just because"), we can't use hard-earned MVP card (Dark Lord) to trigger auto attacks while we aren't there (again, I'm actually okay with this rule - but why???Because it's "unfair" that someone who spent the time / got lucky can use an awesome card in an awesome way?), we can't afk level with a homunculus (certainly not game breaking in my opinion), and now people are worried about alt+tabbing while SITTING IN TOWN to feed their homunculus (one of the most boring activities, especially for Lif owners, whose homunc can't effectively kill for the first 150 hours of life) because they might get banned. Basically, it feels like half of the rules on this server are there because the GMs wanted to keep the idea of RO being one of the most mindless-grind games alive - rather than make the playing experience easier and more efficient. I know, people will say that next I'll want botting to be allowed. I'm not suggesting that - I'm just saying we should stop going out of our way to make the playing experience even more grind-based than it needs to be.

Don't scare homunculus owners into needing to stare at their screen 24/7 while they're in a town with NO monsters AND their homunculus is on passive. Thanks. Way too many parenthetical statements up there, but I don't care.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2010 12:57 PM by azurerogue.)
03-03-2010 12:55 PM