IGN: Fionit Stalker 95/66

[Image: guildsignature8lo.jpg]
03-17-2006 03:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

RE: Green Pots Allowed?

Ryxingeir Wrote:
Alexander Wrote:Not that anyone cares about my opinion, but here it is anyway. Icon_razz

If it's PvP, and some comes up and starts whacking you randomly. I think anything is fair game. Including pots and green pots.

If someone walks up to you, challenges you to a duel, and you accept. Then I'd say no unless terms were agreed upon that state otherwise. I would however say that skills are ok. For instance, a detoxification clip or obeaune card. /no1
*points up* just about what i said, except clearer?

Well they did ask for "peoples opinion" plural. If our opinions happened to coincide? Great. Glad we could agree. Icon_wink
03-17-2006 06:21 AM
SPIEGEL Offline
Malvados Corp.

but, just other point ;
and merchant class? Cart and Enlarge Weight Limit?
not for just green, but all pots...

[Image: my.php?image=ddriori7iuqm8.gif] "No matter what happened, it's not my fault!"
03-17-2006 06:26 AM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

RE:??Green Pots Allowed?

Fionit Wrote:um well most ppl use speed pot b4 a dual so i guess green pot can be used XD

*ahem* Before and not during, thats the difference Icon_razz

03-17-2006 11:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Balmung Offline
Knight of Midgar

I believe pots should be allowed in any situation.

Because even if its a buyable, many things are buyables, such as poison knifes, arrows, etc.

For the same reason that an archer would need arrows to use his skills at 100% of their capabilities (because yes they can use daggers/falcon) a swordy who has HP recovery maxed has the advantage that pots heal him twice more, if you remove him this feat, he won't be fighting at 100% of his capabilities.

Most merchants have no healing capabilities and low hp (or at least less than the swordy/sin classes) but they can lift a lot of weight, thats their advantage.

Priests and Mage have spells to counter this such as healing or safety wall. Archers have snares which are bought traps.

A real fight is a fight where strategy counts, dashing into each others spamming skills to see who dies first is not a duel, its just a senceless battle to see who can deal the most DPS fast against each others.

Real duel include strategy, each classes have their own strategy, Swordy and merch are classes with high str which mean lots of pots, I don't see why they couldn't heal if they fight lets say...a Priest who has a nearly endless mana pool and can heal without spending items.

Items are part of a player strategy, don't forget it.

"For the coward, there is no life. For the Hero, there is no death."
03-17-2006 12:00 PM
Zalman Offline

Balmung Wrote:I believe pots should be allowed in any situation.

Because even if its a buyable, many things are buyables, such as poison knifes, arrows, etc.

For the same reason that an archer would need arrows to use his skills at 100% of their capabilities (because yes they can use daggers/falcon) a swordy who has HP recovery maxed has the advantage that pots heal him twice more, if you remove him this feat, he won't be fighting at 100% of his capabilities.

Most merchants have no healing capabilities and low hp (or at least less than the swordy/sin classes) but they can lift a lot of weight, thats their advantage.

Priests and Mage have spells to counter this such as healing or safety wall. Archers have snares which are bought traps.

A real fight is a fight where strategy counts, dashing into each others spamming skills to see who dies first is not a duel, its just a senceless battle to see who can deal the most DPS fast against each others.

Real duel include strategy, each classes have their own strategy, Swordy and merch are classes with high str which mean lots of pots, I don't see why they couldn't heal if they fight lets say...a Priest who has a nearly endless mana pool and can heal without spending items.

Items are part of a player strategy, don't forget it.

Your idea is flawed. To allow pots would simply lead to pot spamming instead of skill spamming. It'd then turn from what you say is a contest who dies first (Which is a test of how well you've built your character, and not always how it works.) but into a contest of who has the most money or the highest weight limit.

Character A may be able to beat Character B in a straight, honorable dual. However, if Character B has a large sum of wealth and high carrying capacity then all Character B has to do is simply spam whatever hotkey he has white, yellow, or whatever color he has bound to it, and he's unable to be killed until he runs out. Which in saying, leaves Character A SOL unless he has an equal means and money to supply himself with said items.

So now you've turned dueling into a matter of items instead of a matter of utilizing your character's skills to their fullest, which is the exact opposite of what you were attempting to do.
03-17-2006 01:42 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

I agree with u Balmumg.

TO WIND : Don't forget that the plant pots of ur alchimist and that the arrows and traps that ur sniper use are consumable items Icon_wink

Zalman Wrote:So now you've turned dueling into a matter of items instead of a matter of utilizing your character's skills to their fullest, which is the exact opposite of what you were attempting to do.

Bla bla bla character's skills...Do you want duels with no items, including NO WEAPONS?????Icon_confused Mages would pwned everyone with no items duels....

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2006 01:47 PM by Général_Argos.)
03-17-2006 01:44 PM
SPIEGEL Offline
Malvados Corp.

And about "Pot Delay"?
this can "avoid" the Pot Spam....

[Image: my.php?image=ddriori7iuqm8.gif] "No matter what happened, it's not my fault!"
03-17-2006 02:08 PM
Zalman Offline

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:I agree with u Balmumg.

TO WIND : Don't forget that the plant pots of ur alchimist and that the arrows and traps that ur sniper use are consumable items Icon_wink

Zalman Wrote:So now you've turned dueling into a matter of items instead of a matter of utilizing your character's skills to their fullest, which is the exact opposite of what you were attempting to do.

Bla bla bla character's skills...Do you want duels with no items, including NO WEAPONS?????Icon_confused Mages would pwned everyone with no items duels....
That's a joke right? Most Wizards aren't very hard to beat without instacast or stormgust spamming portals. Sages have a better time they can actually move and cast.

You also missed the point entirely, good job. Allow me to rephrase. When I say items, I refer to consumable items, not "equipment". Two drastically different things.
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2006 02:30 PM by Zalman.)
03-17-2006 02:27 PM