Poll: Should The Whine Section Be removed?
This poll is closed.
Yes Please. 14.58% 7 14.58%
No, Leave it as it is. 85.42% 41 85.42%
Total 48 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should the whining section be removed?
Bloodbane Away
¤†Hero of old times†¤

RE:??Should the whining section be removed?

Aaronock Wrote:I don't believe in dictatorships.
Too many rules actually creates more rebels sometimes than if we had hardly any rules at all.

There are not that many troublemakers on heRO anymore, there were way more about 1-2 years ago Whistle

Keep the whining section, some of the best things to come out of this server has come from that section explaining problems within the server.??To take that from players is a poor choice.

Even if our viewpoints are different, Aaron this is proof you are respected, even by me.

Never forget the old days.
[Image: screenheRO-Server124-1.jpg]

-~Proud husband, father, and the luckiest guy in the world.~-

Steam Profile
Youtube
03-19-2010 08:07 PM
Find all posts by this user
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

RE: ??Should the whining section be removed?

Manifus Wrote:Surprisingly, it also helps the server in many ways.
Bloodbane Wrote:
Aaronock Wrote:I don't believe in dictatorships.
Too many rules actually creates more rebels sometimes than if we had hardly any rules at all.

There are not that many troublemakers on heRO anymore, there were way more about 1-2 years ago Whistle

Keep the whining section, some of the best things to come out of this server has come from that section explaining problems within the server.??To take that from players is a poor choice.

Even if our viewpoints are different, Aaron this is proof you are respected, even by me.

Where is the love? :<

Not to mention being too harsh of atmosphere could actually drive people away as compared to a warm and welcoming atmosphere. The plays a part of both the GMs and the players mind you. ;o

03-19-2010 08:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Mort Offline
Jens is NOT from Jennifer :P

RE: Should the whining section be removed?

Who wants drama n shit, will stir drama n shit regardless of existence or nonexistence of whining thread.
Hence why this debate is pointless because there'll always be drama. It's just a matter of where it is.

Quote:If you say 'plz' because it is shorter than 'Please' then I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.
03-19-2010 08:54 PM
drakhri Offline

^May I plz not have your zenies?

I'm sure everyone can find a corner to cry in.
03-19-2010 08:58 PM
Corporal Offline
Posting Freak

RE: ????Should the whining section be removed?

Bloodbane Wrote:In all honesty I believe the server would be better in dictatorship as you can well see the proof that many people in it(I am talking in general, and as you said yourself.) are either too retarded to know what moral and respect for others is and we need to set them strict boundaries, and secondly the fact that being under a regime of fear would prosper peace and control a bit more in positive ways. Now the fact that the possibility the dictator is racist is another factor??that falls in the negative, for all i can see is, People shouldn't have an opinion at all and someone has to be in charge, someone that can handle it and is sane.
Sorry Bro but we think different.

B> Free Will.

Respect is something that needs to be earned. If something gets out of hand, GMs deal with it.

IGNs:

Heii - 99/70 Sniper
Limits - 99/50 Knight
Asira - 9x/6x High Priest
Ruins - 99/70 Whitesmith
Meteor - 99/70 Champion
Toy. - 99/6x Assassin Cross
03-19-2010 09:16 PM
Bloodbane Away
¤†Hero of old times†¤

RE:??????Should the whining section be removed?

Corporal Wrote:
Bloodbane Wrote:In all honesty I believe the server would be better in dictatorship as you can well see the proof that many people in it(I am talking in general, and as you said yourself.) are either too retarded to know what moral and respect for others is and we need to set them strict boundaries, and secondly the fact that being under a regime of fear would prosper peace and control a bit more in positive ways. Now the fact that the possibility the dictator is racist is another factor??that falls in the negative, for all i can see is, People shouldn't have an opinion at all and someone has to be in charge, someone that can handle it and is sane.
Sorry Bro but we think different.

B> Free Will.

Respect is something that needs to be earned. If something gets out of hand, GMs deal with it.

Free will is something that should be earned swell.

Steam Profile
Youtube
03-19-2010 09:22 PM
Corporal Offline
Posting Freak

RE: ??????Should the whining section be removed?

Bloodbane Wrote:
Corporal Wrote:B> Free Will.

Free will is a human right.

Plus, I doubt people would like to join a server with a dictator running it.

Stop trying to* kill the server, Saii.

Edit2: fml grammar.

IGNs:

Heii - 99/70 Sniper
Limits - 99/50 Knight
Asira - 9x/6x High Priest
Ruins - 99/70 Whitesmith
Meteor - 99/70 Champion
Toy. - 99/6x Assassin Cross
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2010 02:57 AM by Corporal.)
03-19-2010 09:44 PM
Aneko Away
§†Twisted Mistress†§

RE:????????Should the whining section be removed?

Corporal Wrote:
Bloodbane Wrote:

Stop trying to* killing the server, Saii.

But, But! It isn't saii causing the server to die it's obviously the wings! I mean look at the well 20 page long thread- oh wait nvm it got baleeted.

Once Proud Co-Leader Of Nya Nya Crew
[Image: nyanya.jpg]
Nya Nya Crew - ¥†‡ Hero's #1 Social/Non Woe Guild ‡†¥

♥Lady Aneko: Lvl 99/70 FS High Priest
♥Hisa: Lvl 9x/6x High Wizard
♥Maki: Lvl 9x/6x Sniper
♥Honoka: Lvl 8x/5x Assassin Cross
-~Happily owned by Saiich Bloodbane~-
03-19-2010 11:59 PM
Bloodbane Away
¤†Hero of old times†¤

RE:????????Should the whining section be removed?

Corporal Wrote:
Bloodbane Wrote:

Stop trying to* killing the server, Saii.

XD!!! Me? Kill the server?

Stop portraying me like the bad person in this, Just because i have different viewpoints of opinion doesn't mean I am killing the server by putting i my input in this.
Now dont you think the server is already under a dictatorship already?
I mean, If Pandora (Aka Huntress) says to you : "Hey don't say that!,Dont Do that!,Stop That!"

You pretty much have no choice but to do as she says or its a ban no?

See where I am getting at?

Steam Profile
Youtube
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2010 12:11 AM by Bloodbane.)
03-20-2010 12:02 AM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

I have it set up to show 50 threads per page (I believe the default) and only six of the fifty threads on the first page of the whining section have been closed.??I'm not going to go through them all to see how many have flame drama, but from what I have read it is just people exerting their vexations at this or that.??It's no big deal at all.

If I've been hunting a card for the past three days doing nothing but hunting this card for hours each day then I'd want to vent as well.??3000 of the exact same monster for naught more than a little itty bitty icon that represents this monster's essence; and I don't even get that.??The grind is something rather fervid and without the occasional release one could go mad.

Then you have those who hop on RO just so they can chat and/or get away from the world.??RO is their form of escapism.??Then they find no one is on and/or someone is being an ass on main, what have you.??Their day - maybe their week or their life - has sucked so they try to go do one of the few things that brings them that little piece of joy and it comes to naught or but even more aggravation.??They, too, wish to unleash their woes.

Herman had a cold, wants a puppy, can't believe someone gave so much for a card, his Internet wasn't working at home, and he wanted to respond to a thread before it was closed.??So, he made an appropriate thread in the whining section.

What is wrong with these examples???When you are rather bothered or disturbed do you not like to vent???In what way do you loosen up???Is it so wrong for a great deal of other people to share their feelings with the general public - whom which they feel are mostly their friends, btw?

Yes, we have the "omfg, this guild is full of meanieheads and needs 2b shut down n everyone needs 2b banned becuz i dun like them!~1" threads which start drama; but they get shut down because that is not what the whining thread is for (drama).

If I may quote Panda from the "Be respectful to others" disclaimer thread at the head of the Whining section:

GM-Pandora Wrote:This is the section to whine and complain, but please keep it flame-free and be considerate of others.

We GMs are humans, we do not get paid to run this server (it's the other way around actually), we genereously put time, effort and money into this project.

We are very happy and grateful to have players on the server, we are glad to hear your suggestions and comments, but we don't owe you to comply with them.

When making any complain about a player or a GM, please remember that other people have feelings, so please stay polite and formulate your opinion in a respectful manner.

Thank you and enjoy heRO! ^_^

I feel that really explains it all and gives +100 to voting "No" on closing the Whining section.??I do believe Canada is just as free as America (if not even freer) and they enjoy the freedom of complaint as much as everyone else - so long as it is kept on a respectful level.??No1

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
03-20-2010 12:42 AM
Thread Closed