Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Alice in Wonderland!!!!
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

RE: Alice in Wonderland!!!!

I thought the White Queen was awesome, but I guess that's just me.??She was all pure and innocent but super creepy (the apothecary scene where she super-sniffs the finger xD).??It's a fantasy land, she's not supposed to follow the conventions of our normal society!??xp

On a side-not to all of this:??April 3rd is "Walk Like the White Queen" day.??I do hope you all can observe this newfound holiday with fervor.??You can find more information here.??No1

I've said it at least three times now so I think we are all in agreement - the story needed better production.??Ok

Also, the Avril Lavigne song at the end was kinda horrible and out of place for the movie.??D:
The plants growing around the frame while the song was playing were awesome, though.??Ok

[EDIT]

Also, this is an amalgamation of Through the Looking Glass and Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.??I hated how they did that.??Alice's Adventures in Wonderland would have made a funner movie and could also allow them the sequel.??Instead they made them both into one and f***ed it up for everyone by removing characters and creating plot points and just Disney-fying the whole thing (Like they did the Rudyard Kipling's The Jungle Books).??=/

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2010 04:22 PM by Whispers.)
03-24-2010 04:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kenshiro-san Offline
Somebody say Sohee?

RE:??Alice in Wonderland!!!!

Shikari Wrote:Personally I give the movie 6/10 (though id watch it again).

The hatter reminded me too much of Jack Sparrow, the voices, movements and expressions.

The white queen....I had too look the other way everytime she appeared on screen, with the exception of the dog part, mostly because of her way of walking, I found it somewhat agrevating O_o...

And finally, what i found most annoying-> They didn't make it ovious enough that this was a continuation of the original story till the very end...so 3/4's of the movie I kept thinking "...thats not how it happened =/..."
Now for the things i liked:

The cat :D
The non excessive 3D
Red Queen
The over all animations

-As a side note- It isnt really a childrens film @_@
-As another side note- Its kinda of an adaptation of "Through the Looking Glass", a story that was Alice in Wonderland's sequel.

Emphasized for truth.
It was very below my expectations and honestly, Tim Burton disappointed me. Icon_sad The only one who saved the film was Johnny Depp, and it wasn't his BEST performance either. It was kinda sad really, from all the promotion they gave it here, they made it seem so amazing, but then when we saw it it was like "Uhh... so that's it?"

The characters weren't well done, the hatter isn't as... mad, and Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum didn't tell a story like they usually would (which I loved in the Disney version of Alice in Wonderland), the red queen was okay, but the white queen made me want to stand up and punch her really, I understand you're supposed to be carefree, but tone it down just a liiiiiiiittle bit, because it's WAY too annoying, and given from the clearly visible jabberwocky head chopping and floating heads in the red queen's moat, one can conclude it isn't really meant for kids, which makes the white queen all the more annoying.

And me and my bf agree.
Satanic-moments-roflmao.

^ no need to develop on that, this isn't a rage topic, but really, if you look into it, it really has weird scenes that...
nevermind. xD

Click on ->[Image: Smiley7.gif]<- to know about Algid Skepcis! We're so awesome not even Naruto believes it.

Characters:
Kenshiro-san - Priest - XX/50 - Algid Skepcis
Whisps - Ninja - XX/XX - Algid Skepcis

03-26-2010 09:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

RE: Alice in Wonderland!!!!

I LOVED THE MOVIE <3
it really was made for me! Tim Burton loves me thats for sure Evil

I disliked the white queen a bit, i loved her appearance but really whats with her arms Thinking she was walking with them in the air like some sort of fairy.. i looked a bit weird in my opinion. I loved Alice and the Hatter <3

B> Alice her dresses <3

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2010 11:04 AM by Kittie.)
06-11-2010 11:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply