Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Buffalo Bob's Market of RO Modifications!
Buffalo Bob Offline
Your Friendly Neighborhood Market Keeper

Buffalo Bob's Market of RO Modifications!

Hello, folks!??Icon_biggrin

A while back I had the idea of selling RO modifications for zeny and/or items ingame.??I then completely forgot about the idea!??lol Icon_razz

A recent post from a friend, however, reminded me of this idea so now I officially open my Market of RO Modifications!

Now, these are client-side modifications.??I can not give you special equips, cards, pet eggs, max levels, or the like.??I can only modify the way RO looks and sounds to you and - in some instances - how it behaves with you.

The list of things I can change for you is endless.??The sound a certain skill makes or different BGM's for different maps.??I personally have it set to when someone warps into PvP the "Fight!" sound from Mortal Kombat sounds instead of the default "Ding ding!".??I can change for you the way sprites or maps look or skill effects.??I can change what pets and Frost Joke say.

I can pretty much change anything for you so long as it is client-sided.??Ok

Keep in mind, too, that these customizations will only be observable by you.??No one else hears "Fight!" when I enter PvP.??Only I do.
However, what I change in the pet talk or Frost Joke tables will be visible to everyone else as these are essentially chat texts sent out to the RO world.

How it works/
How to install my customs!
Modifications are made in the form of a special bbdataXXX.grf file (where XXX is the number of the modification for record-keeping purposes) which contain only the modified files (not an entire 1.2GB GRF like heRO.grf) which you place in your RO directory.??You then have to update your data.ini file (doable via notepad) to place this GRF higher in priority than your other GRFs.??The code looks like this:

Code:
[Data]
0=wdata.grf
1=heRO.grf
2=sdata.grf
In your data.ini file heRO.grf is set to highest priority.??What data.ini does is allows RO to know which GRF to use when different GRFs contain the same file.??I have a custom wdata.grf file overriding the other two GRFs provided with heRO.??This GRF contains such things as the aforementioned "Fight!" sound.

Prices for each modification will depend on its difficulty and the demand of modifications.??While I'm not sure what these should cost I am open to offers to set a baseline.

I thank you for your interest; and now come purchase some ROmods (pronounced roh-mods)!??^_^

-bb-

[Image: style2,Buffalo-spc-Bob.png]

[Image: Zeny.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2010 07:34 PM by Buffalo Bob.)
03-24-2010 07:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

RE: Buffalo Bob's Market of RO Modifications!

Just be aware that there are some clientside mods we won't allow, due to them changing gameplay, rather than being purely cosmetic.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

03-24-2010 10:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Buffalo Bob Offline
Your Friendly Neighborhood Market Keeper

RE: Buffalo Bob's Market of RO Modifications!

Well, of course, child of Helios, daughter of Perse!??I've got a pretty good idea as to what most of these might be as they are fairly obvious; but I'm sure the GM/moderator staff will let users know if their ideas are invalid if I am unable to discern.??Let's not go turning our humble bargaineer into a beast just yet, Lady Falcon.??Ok

This is all mainly cosmetic changes, mind you, Heroes.??Maybe your loading screen didn't get accepted, perhaps you've a few ideas for Frost Joker or pet talk (keeping it clean, of course), maybe you think it would look cool if Pront were purple and porings said "I'll be back" when you kill them.??lol

These are the services I am offering to you Heroes.??I should hope the fair community we have here wouldn't attempt to abuse my services.??Icon_biggrin

-bb-
P.S.-To those that don't know:??Circe was a minor sorceress goddess who lived on the island Aeaea and was the daughter of Helios - the god of the sun - and an Oceanid named Perse.??Her name means "falcon" in Greek.??So let's not spam my forum with history lessons!??Laugh

-bb-

[Image: style2,Buffalo-spc-Bob.png]

[Image: Zeny.gif]
03-24-2010 11:47 PM