Total 16 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Polygamy
Mort Offline
Jens is NOT from Jennifer :P

RE: Polygamy

Ingame, I'm totally with Circe on this one. Can't do much of programming but I can imagine how many "ifs" and "elses" and variables and gods know what else would it require to work and I'm not even sure if it even was possible to make it work. Probably too many conflicts in the algorithm.

@Whispers: Well, your thoughts are idealistic, and as any idealistic thoughts, they are destined to doom solely by one factor: the reality.

@Kittie: Actually, you have only 2 accessory slots.
And IRL, I'm not fan of polygamy either. As mahawirasd said, in virtually every case (exception percentage is negligibly low) I don't believe the feelings would be equally shared/distributed, there'd be favoritism which would lead to wife-husband and wife-wife (or husband-wife and husband-husband) conflicts.
(not to mention that the whole thing must be ridiculously financially expensive Whistle )
And I don't like sharing.

Quote:If you say 'plz' because it is shorter than 'Please' then I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.
03-26-2010 05:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kenshiro-san Offline
Somebody say Sohee?

RE:??Polygamy

Whispers Wrote:Ingame or in real life?

In game I say no as this could be easily abused and would provide too many scripting headaches.

In real life is a touchy matter.??Off the top of my head I want to say no as I don't believe one person can truly love multiple people equally; and you marry the one person you love more than anyone else.??At least that is my definition of marriage; but I'm old-fashioned (I don't even kiss on the first date =p).
However, we've Mormons and Muslims who hold polygamy in their faith.??I can go into my feelings on this, but despite my personal opinions I can't deny someone the right to practice their religion.

So, until you clarify on ingame or irl I'm undecided.??Ok

Mormons don't believe in that, please don't give us false reputation...
We believe in one spouse, and even our church president is married, only once so please get your facts straight and don't stick us in there, kthx.

Click on ->[Image: Smiley7.gif]<- to know about Algid Skepcis! We're so awesome not even Naruto believes it.

Characters:
Kenshiro-san - Priest - XX/50 - Algid Skepcis
Whisps - Ninja - XX/XX - Algid Skepcis

03-26-2010 09:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Sorry, I'm just going with what you see on the news with those few guys who got sent to prison for having seven wives claiming it to be their Mormon right.??Questioning my own memory of these stories after reading your post, I researched the topic and found:

"In 1890, the Church (commonly known as the Mormon Church) officially disavowed polygamy as a practice and currently excommunicates any Latter-day Saint who embraces it."

-Mormon-Polygamy.org

I guess the people on the news felt the were practicing some sort of "Orthodox" Mormonism or something???Iunno.??I just know they had a houseful of wives and said they did because they were Mormon.??You can blame those guys for spreading a false image of Mormonism.??They obviously convinced me for a moment.??Laugh

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
03-27-2010 12:08 AM
bugaboo Offline
Other Wolf

Actually, now that I think about it and read all of these comments, it does seem like a lot of trouble to go through.??Not only would it be expensive (you could be doing better things with your money- like giving it to me! D:<), but it would also be difficult to code.??I may not know a lot about coding, but it still strikes me as being unnecessarily hard.??The amount of work you would have to put into this would not be equal to the reward(s) you reap.

So, now that I'm not high on "lulz," I think I have to change my answer to a "no."??Baw.

And on the issue of real polygamy, I don't really like the concept of it.??I may have a harem, but the most of my love goes to my boyfriend.??I couldn't imagine trying to give equal love to all of my husbands/wives, not to mention supporting them.??That would be an incredible financial strain. >_>

The rest of my love, however, is divided equally among the boys and girls in my harem. They are happy.
03-27-2010 01:14 PM
Mort Offline
Jens is NOT from Jennifer :P

RE:??Polygamy

Whispers Wrote:"In 1890, the Church (commonly known as the Mormon Church) officially disavowed polygamy as a practice and currently excommunicates any Latter-day Saint who embraces it."

Officially.

Quote:If you say 'plz' because it is shorter than 'Please' then I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.
03-27-2010 03:26 PM