Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need a new game.
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

RE: Need a new game.

Star Ocean ftw.??You can Get SO2 for PS1 and play it on the PS2 if you obtain a PS1 memory card and/or you can get SO: Till the End of Time which was made for the PS2.??I never played the latter, but I've gone through SO2 three times... Which is a lot considering the only other game I went through more than one was Zelda: Twilight Princess for the Wii - and that was only twice.

Shen Megami Tensei was pretty awesome.??I've never played the SMT: Persona incarnations, but I have played SMT: Digital Devil Saga 2 and enjoyed it rather thoroughly.??Ok

Apart from all of those I have no idea.??I never really got into the RPG genre.??Star Ocean 2 was left behind by a new roommate's old roommate, so I acquired it; and a friend let me borrow Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2 back at Job Corps saying I would really enjoy it - which I did. No1

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
03-28-2010 05:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I don't suggest Star Ocean 3 on the PS2, I hear the game is a pile of mess with trying too hard to make an epic story. Its definitely not like SO2 at all, which was actually a tolerable RPG for me to play. Also Star Ocean games aren't very standard types of RPG's featuring a more real time action based time of battles.

The Tales games are similar to this. I guess if you're looking for something with a different type of battle system and has ZOMG KAWAII anime character I'd go with Tales before Star Ocean series :x

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
03-28-2010 05:16 PM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

That's what appealed to me about Star Ocean was the lack of turn-based fighting.??I tolerated SMT's turn-based fighting because I enjoyed the game so much - and the lack of anything else to do at Job Corps.??LoL

If you're aiming for something with turn-based combat then I can't help you at all as I despise the system.??D:

03-28-2010 06:02 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I don't like how they handle action based combat within the Star Ocean games. Plus the AI is stupid as hell even when you try to make it work in your favor....-_-

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
03-28-2010 06:10 PM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

I didn't like the default settings. Like, when you clicked anything it attacked whatever was closest. Setting it to defend was convenient in that it chose to attack whatever creature was attacking another party member.
However, I always chose manual where I select which attack then the monster or just run up to whichever monster I choose and hit the melee button. Ok

03-28-2010 06:13 PM
Revenant Offline
Shadow of Nobody

Monster Hunter.

We want YOU!.. in Testing & Development. PM GM-Circe to join.
03-28-2010 06:55 PM
Former-GM-Nara Offline
Nara-Oopsies™ since 2009

If you want to get into a Shin Megami Tensei game, I'd recommend Nocturn. Out of all the titles I own of the SMT series that one is my favorite. Persona 3 and 4 are reallllly too similar to my taste.

Edit:
Don't play digital devil saga 2 before digital devil 1, unlike final fantasy games THEY INTERCONNECT. 2 is a continuation of 1, but 1 was more fun then 2.

[Image: Meow_by_CriG.gif]
Fear the all mighty!
Review heRO RMS
heRO: Wiki ~ Forum ~ CP ~ Support ticket
03-28-2010 07:36 PM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

I've never even heard of Nocturne :o

I'm going to need to research and acquire this game now :O

@Whispers- You know, I've personally been meaning to get Till the end of time for years now, but once I actually decided to buy it, I can never find it anymore :<

Haven't looked to buy it online yet, but eh. Icon_biggrin;

Another fun game: Final fantasy tactics. The original ps1 game. Theres also some adaptations of the game on the ds, and advance, so you could play those as well.

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
03-28-2010 08:37 PM
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

Any games made by square enix
aka Final Fantasy's or Kingdom Heart's mainly...but there are other good ones too.. God Of War for the PS2, for the N64 the zelda adventures are good and so is mario 64. try conkers bad fur day if you want a mature game, its pretty funny.

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
03-28-2010 11:34 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

no Trowa, FF13 can remain exactly where it is right now: not in your possession (go watch it for one night at a friend's house and that's what FF13 is worth)

So how about some Ar Tonelico series <3? Not for everyone, but awesome and great if you're in that niche. Don't expect anything serious like Shin Megami Tensei series, but if you want just a light-hearted fun ride for a RPG, Ar Tonelico is exactly the place to look for it~

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
03-29-2010 12:07 AM