Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Brewing made easy! (Keyboard friendly)
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RE: Brewing made easy! (Keyboard friendly)

Personally I'm all for faster brewing really: less silly clicks the better. I just don't think we know how to mod skills to brew multiples of that item at once. Doing it with NPC doesn't work cause that damages the fact how brewing success rate depends on the alchemist/chemist's stats and all that stuff...

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
04-11-2010 10:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

I am all for faster, easier and less troublesome brewing but is it just a fantasy? Can one really get GM backing on this, otherwise we can only dream.

The /alchemist ranking would probably become more competitive if it is implemented. That would make my life more interesting and troublesome at the same time. Laugh

most wanted buying list
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=19956
04-12-2010 03:07 AM
Magazine Offline
Did somebody say Osiris?

That's my main problem, that many clicks seem unnecessary. I'm not obligated to suggest ways to improve exp tables (maybe in another thread?).

Aaroncock said it best. We're a private server, small tweaks are what we as a server are all about. I'd say more but it's 3:42am and I can't sleep >>

[Image: heRO-Userbar.gif]
04-12-2010 03:31 AM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE:??Brewing made easy! (Keyboard friendly)

Aaronock Wrote:I'm serious give me a real reason why you prefer the click spam over the easier method?

I don't think anyone ever said they were against it. I'd be fine with it happening. I just make my points because I think one of the original complaints (it takes longer) or the subsequent argument (it might eventually cause the deterioration of my hardware) are both ridiculous.

I mean, I brew less now than I used to... but if we change twilight I'll finally get to brew the thousands of reds/yellows just waiting in storage so I can get more points. The only reason I haven't done it already is because I'm not in a huge hurry for points.

Also, let's put it this way - with the prices of white herbs on this server, I can generally buy white herbs from shops/people, brew them with twilight, and (if I wanted to) NPC them for a PROFIT. I've never actually done this, because there are faster ways to make money - but with decent success chances and the low value of white herbs on heRO it's actually an option (which I find hilarious). The sell for profit idea for reds/yellows simply doesn't work as well - but the idea of making brewing them equally fast just seems unnecessary. How often do you REALLY need to brew large quantities of red/yellows/c. reds/c. yellows? Twilight for blue pots? Yes please. Anything else? Probably not needed.

Like I said earlier, I made a little over 4000 c. red potions a while back - for ranking points and to play with Lif's Healing Hands... I still have over 4000 and I made them probably 6-7 months ago.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
04-12-2010 03:36 AM
Magazine Offline
Did somebody say Osiris?

Ridiculous? Perhaps, but very valid. Who can say what I'd like to mass brew? I'd like to mass brew my 6025 Maneater Blossoms without click spam. Mass brewing reds makes sense as Lif users use them (mostly for fun but eh..).

The point I'm trying to make is, I am able to brew all sorts of things and I feel the game telling me what I can brew mass quantities of with some ease is a bit unfair. Yeah I'll probably never need to mass brew yellows but that's my choice to make, ideally anyways.

Sorry if this isn't making much sense, again the sleep and my boredom have gotten the best of me.

[Image: heRO-Userbar.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2010 03:44 AM by Magazine.)
04-12-2010 03:42 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Glistening Coats, Acid Bottles, Plant Bottles, and alcohols could be mass brewed quickly if we could implement this crap. There are of course the other pots condenced and not. There are other craps people brew but I doubt anyone bothers with ele resist pots with plasma card around and nobody probably would ever mass brew some of the other stuff, but hey what do I know, people hoard a lot of weird junk on this server.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
04-12-2010 09:46 AM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

RE:??Brewing made easy! (Keyboard friendly)

Magazine Wrote:I feel the game telling me what I can brew mass quantities of with some ease is a bit unfair.

One for Arrow Creation and cooking please.

OH OH OH and forging (maybe) and WS Upgrading!

On that point, mass rough ori/elu conversion please!

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
04-12-2010 11:15 AM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE: ??Brewing made easy! (Keyboard friendly)

Ultima_Pi Wrote:On that point, mass rough ori/elu conversion please!

I would take that over the brewing changes any day!

EDIT: And while we're at it, let me convert infinite pure elemental stones into rough ones (because if you're taking away the opportunity cost of brewing / whatever else we might as well let people get zeny significantly faster from an NPC process).

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2010 12:29 PM by azurerogue.)
04-12-2010 12:28 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Actually wouldn't be against any of those btw.
Amazing huh? I actually am not a fan of clicking a ton of times for simple shit in a game. I mean seriously, 9 clicks to get a grape juice from the miracle man for 800z...and I can only get one at a time? GENIUS STUFF!

We did change how the upgrades work with the blacksmith shops where you now type in the number of upgrades you want or to get items refined to safe level with like what, 2-3 clicks?

So again, what are the boundries for clicking?

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
04-12-2010 12:40 PM
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

"Opportunity cost" Thinking

But then what if it's the actual Alchemist doing the mass brewing? Where their stats would still affect the outcome? Is there anything really lost by basically having Twilight Academies for other things?

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2010 12:45 PM by Fruityla.)
04-12-2010 12:43 PM