Poll: How long till Gravity go out of business?
Never!
< 1 year
< 2 years
2 years < X < 3 years
3+ years
They are already dead, < 3 months imo
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How long till Gravity go out of business?
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

RE: How long till Gravity go out of business?

Tomorrow.
Do I get 1 mil nao? :O

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
04-13-2010 12:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Yea! :D

You can use support ticket to claim your prizes Icon_smile

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
04-13-2010 12:42 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

2-3 years. Because it will be 2012 then... Laugh

but seriously, imho although they won't die out so suddenly within the next year or two. They are probably the longest, still-running MMORPG operator out there so i reckon they know how to manage their funds and how to recoup investments for the long run etc.

however, after RO they never seem to have been able to produce something that is spectacularly out of the norm. Thus imho they will loose out in the end. At the very least their "death" imho is an acquisition by another body or a major transformation/merger...

-w-
04-13-2010 10:41 PM
Aziral Offline
Master Of All Evil

Jokes asides from the "dead per buyout" or "dead by end of the world in 2012" I believe the company will last several more years. On a technical level, their emploiyee are well formed: just for their north american division, most of their staff is composed of previous employee of Blizzard and they are running at least three games at this time, including RO.

The point here seems to be more about the case of "will RO private server like this one eventually cause Gravity to close" and the answer is, of course, no. As it happens, its obvious with the current market that many players are ready to pay to be the first to experience new addons and the game's original experience, wich is not limited to the lleveling and pvping system as much as it is centered around social attributes of an mmorpg and I gotta admit: their are a lot of people on the pay-to-play servers. Of course, they will never even come close to making more profit than World of Warcraft, but they certainly aren't losing that much money either.

Aside from that, you gotta think about the fact that Gravity Corp is, basically, a South Korean business. So it is hard to get info on them or their current economic status ( that is, unless you know korean). But I believe we all can guess that they are still working on a few games. Ragnarok Online II has been delayed due to poor review during beta and had to be worked on again du to a change in CEO, but it seems like it's eventually gonna be out this year. I tried it during one of the beta they had and it required a social number to play (harder to hack I guess, but I'm a video game programmer, so...probably not in the long run) It should be released during this year if everything goes fine. If it does, well the company will be insured a new constant income without any problems.

And Finally, lets not forget that gravity gets money from other smaller game ( And I'm still limiting myself to RO) likle the rescent Ragnarok game on the DS. Certainly, they dont get all the money, but most likely they still get something out of it.

So there you have it, my honest opinion as a gamer, and a student in game design and game programming. Of course, I'll mention that I've mostly spoken my mind here, so maybe a few things I've said are wrong, but I believe you can still get the general idea as truth, even if it were the case. However, do feel free to correct me if its the case.

Az
04-16-2010 11:21 AM
iTz ChaoZ Away
Old News

Gravity wont die. Im sure if RO started to die off, they could just focus more attention on the other games they have to offer. (Such as Ragnarok 2, Emil Chronicle Online, Pucca Racing, and Requiem Online.) Look at Softnyx. Softnyx sold Gunbound to Ijji. And it was Ijji's only game. Then, Ijji started creating other games that Gunbound players started to get on more and more. Since it took only one account to get on every game, it wasnt such a hassle. But now Ijji has dropped Gunbound and just focuses on the games they have created. Gravity will never die, Ragnarok might, but I just couldn't imagine a big cooperation such as gravity dying off.
05-02-2010 03:49 PM
Galt Offline
Lurker

None of Gravity's other games can top RO (even the sequel).

So long as there are sheep, they'll always be making money.

Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
05-02-2010 04:04 PM
hiropyro Offline
~insert witty phrase here~

RE:??How long till Gravity go out of business?

Galt Wrote:None of Gravity's other games can top RO (even the sequel).

So long as there are sheep, they'll always be making money.
RO2 as we knew it is dead, lol the new RO2 is expected to be realesed into Open Beta the last quarter of this year in Korea.

And >> Gravity is technically "dead" lol its owned by Gung Ho entertainment now. (Hence why Ragnarok has been getting more of a japanese anime feel. Compared to the Korean manwha feel that made it famous.)

[Image: sigp.gif]
05-03-2010 02:43 AM