Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just a thought
Rock Lee Offline
Banned

RE: Just a thought

I'd take wings just for the looks, I don't need it to be extra powerful like the gms.
03-21-2006 10:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Scott Offline
The one you love to hate

medved Wrote:
GM-Scott Wrote:Why would we give uber items to a person who already is the strongest he can become?

Because it's already a pattern in the server's management!

http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=1359
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=552
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=1408
Well, yes, this is a good point. However, not as your intended implications, if they were malicious. We indeed have a patern in the server's management : we do not have the habit of giving overly powerful items to reward players who won a contest by brute force. Those links you gave all point to topics where the prizes are "not so great" and where it's more the thought than the reward that counts.

It's not "guys only", it's "heroic"!
03-21-2006 11:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Ryxingeir Wrote:
Ryxingeir Wrote:getting something free for doing what you would anyways? (getting to 99)
Quoted for emphasis.
As i stated in the pvp tournement thread, your only 4 posts so far have served to berate others, you are not off to a good start medved - if you dislike this server so much no one is forcing you to stay.

Actually, as far as I know Medved left the server, someone *coughcreamcough* is using his playing character and I assume his forum identity as well. If you wanna say something, have the courage of your opinion at least and log on your real forum id!

Icon_evil

As for the prizes being on one side too lame and on the other side too uber, my my you people have divergent opinions! Prizes stick, it's more of a "it's the thought that counts" as Scott has said.

As for getting a reward for anyone reaching 99 reborn, it's not such a bad idea. One of the hat the person who gets there first doesn't choose might be it, I'll upate post after we have had our first shiny reborn.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
03-22-2006 10:24 AM
Fionit Offline

GM-Pandora Wrote:Actually, as far as I know Medved left the server, someone *coughcreamcough* is using his playing character and I assume his forum identity as well. If you wanna say something, have the courage of your opinion at least and log on your real forum id!

He didnt left he just cant really play for awhile, but he will come back soon. I think its because he goes to the university :s and sometimes he log on his account =.= /pif

IGN: Fionit Stalker 95/66

[Image: guildsignature8lo.jpg]
03-22-2006 10:35 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Really ? Icon_confused

Well for someone who doesnt play anymore he sure has very minded opinion about the stuff he cannot see in game.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
03-22-2006 10:51 AM
Gambit Offline
Remi Lebeau

Can't I just get demonic wings for looks if I get to 99, it can be 1 without stats, I just wanna look cool you can keep the ocas and opbs /swt. Anyways when I meant the prizes are lame it's just cause sides the hats, not really anything new, and only the 1st gets it. I just thought the gms would be more creative with the prizes being that they are for transcendant classes. Like a billion worth of exp needed to level 1 to 99. I wanted to just see some creativity or diversity in the prizes, I feel some people might be with me(or jump me again)
03-22-2006 11:06 AM
Tenshi Offline
•(The KutleRY)•

oh ffs...
They say you can't... so there's no point....

[Image: 180da8wb2.gif]

I am the stone that the builder refused
Amicule, deliciae, num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
03-22-2006 11:12 AM
GM-Boomy
Unregistered

GM-Pandora Wrote:Actually, as far as I know Medved left the server, someone *coughcreamcough* is using his playing character and I assume his forum identity as well. If you wanna say something, have the courage of your opinion at least and log on your real forum id!
Before assuming that, you should check the IP... or ask me or GM-Ben about it... the IP doesn't match... Icon_mad
03-22-2006 12:17 PM
Quote this message in a reply
medved Offline

GM-Scott Wrote:Well, yes, this is a good point. However, not as your intended implications, if they were malicious. We indeed have a patern in the server's management : we do not have the habit of giving overly powerful items to reward players who won a contest by brute force. Those links you gave all point to topics where the prizes are "not so great" and where it's more the thought than the reward that counts.

"Not so great" by what criteria? OPBs are AFAIK the only method of obtaining Sunglasses [1], and OCAs are one less afternoon wasted hunting for a card.

Also, why give any rewards at all if "it's the thought that counts"?
03-22-2006 01:11 PM
GM-Scott Offline
The one you love to hate

Not so great by the criteria that it's all luck based.
OPBs might give slotted sunnies, but at what chance?
And OCAs are certainly not one less afternoon wasted for sure. Unless you are very lucky.

And that's what it is. When I receive lottery ticket as gift, I don't see it as "the chance to win the lottery". I see it like this : the person who bought me this cares about me but don't know me enough so she can think of the exact thing I want.

That's it. We don't know who will win the events. So we give "chances" and people like it. You're the only one complaining about this. Ever heard of someone getting a slotted sunglasses? Me neither. I haven't heard of anybody saying "Zomg, I just got the card I was about to hunt in this OCA." It might come in handy but most of the time these items give crap. And that's what fun about it!

So yeah, the prizes stay and keep their "not so great" status we gave them. Period.

It's not "guys only", it's "heroic"!
03-22-2006 02:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply