Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tempted...
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

RE: Tempted...

Having banners that would attrack pvp-players instead of attracting people that want a fancy chatroom would be a great start.??

Moving from stable trunk and create a schedule for svn updates would really help too.??If as soon as a new svn would be ready it arrives on hero, this would mean continuous work from the gms and testers (having people dedicated to that) but it would be less of an hassle compared to waiting for a 6 month update then having a lot of things on the plate at once.??

Adding some pvp features would be fun too.??Some high-end maps like Odin Temple or Thor could be pvp maps.??Having people pvping for the right to mvp would be fun.??(Of course only on a limited number of maps and those would have to be only on high-end maps)
edit: (and maybe only during a limited amount of hours per week, like for 3 hours starting at the end of each woe + every friday/saturday night from 6 pm to 10 pm something like that)

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2010 04:26 AM by Général_Argos.)
05-02-2010 04:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

RE:??Tempted...

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:this would mean continuous work from the gms and testers (having people dedicated to that)

As it is, we have enough trouble finding testers for anything, period.

But while we're bringing up testers and PvP in the same post, I'll quite gleefully remind the players that they may complain about lack of PvP content all they like, but that won't get the multiple PvP related things we've been trying to get out FOREVER tested, due to a severe lack of testers.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

05-02-2010 04:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

Thing is there are already servers that offer what you are describing, with much higher rates and populations. Regardless of how heRO presents itself and what content is added most people have already found servers that give them their PvP fix.

[Image: 2yv147n.gif]
05-02-2010 05:15 AM
Hoshi Offline
Feminist

But but... if you play on iRO, you'd be playing with a bunch of botters!

99/70 High Priestess Holy Krap
98/68 Holy Paladin HoIy Krap
99/50 Bardress Hoshiro
99/50 Baby Huntress Hoshise
99/99 Supernovice Hoshibu
05-02-2010 05:36 AM
Revenant Offline
Shadow of Nobody

Hoshi Wrote:But but... if you play on iRO, you'd be playing with a bunch of botters!

All the botters are on Valkyrie now.

http://ragial.com/tau/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXMnRDGlXDo

---

I think the problem with Ragnarok Online and the reason its become more social player-orientated is due to the fact there's always someone new to talk to, and people are generally rather dynamic. As opposed to RO, which is kind of monotonous.

I know a lot of people will probably disagree with me on this, but the simple fact is that after so many years, people are kinda sick of seeing the exact same thing all of the time. Everyone goes to the exact same leveling spots, has similar character builds, the same equipment, sometimes the same guild names - Most servers may as well be uniformly the same, as the only variation is what godforsaken customs have been unceremoniously jammed in.

Since stability should always be optimal as a bare standard for any place, server searches become solely EXP/drop rate preference, as most servers run similar custom gears, items and maps, and community tends to be irrelevant as people who make friends on servers tend to keep in contact via external messengers such as MSN, then proceed to travel across various servers together, which is why the RO community as a whole tends to migrate very often and very easily; aside from the monotony, there's also simply a metric tonne of servers out there that go down after a week for some pretty stupid reasons.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2010 06:07 AM by Revenant.)
05-02-2010 05:59 AM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

Official isn't the way to go if you want your shiny fast.

High rate is only if you want a shiny to say you made a shiny. There's nothing fulfilling about going from 1 to 100000 3rd class off one Poring.

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
05-02-2010 06:01 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

There are PvP things we are working on enabling actually that should please players in the near future.

Yes we are testing Death Zone (that thing you see screens for in game). I think we're getting near the end where we're fixing the last bugs. Its pretty complex though, and I'm really impressed they are actually making it work even at all when I was testing it during GM sessions.

Anyway, it comes down to the community to change, there are players trying to push for people to try being more motivated to play and challenge themselves, or to become more competitive. GM's can give us content, and have given us a LOT of content this year, we're just not taking full advantage of it which is very sad. Icon_sad

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
05-02-2010 10:03 AM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:Adding some pvp features would be fun too.??Some high-end maps like Odin Temple or Thor could be pvp maps.??Having people pvping for the right to mvp would be fun.??(Of course only on a limited number of maps and those would have to be only on high-end maps)
edit: (and maybe only during a limited amount of hours per week, like for 3 hours starting at the end of each woe + every friday/saturday night from 6 pm to 10 pm something like that)

Any gm input about this?

Also, about that pvp thing that need like 20 testers to be loged on at once, why not use 5 people using themself 4 dual clients ffs idunno...?

People having access to the script of the stuff they test could get stuff being done faster and better, as people would focus on 'chaotic' or 'obscure' part of the script.??

When the new mining was implemented, gms asked for people to test it and then to give results to compile them.??That kind of sh!t is a pucking waste of time.??One gm could have done the tests of the droprates with a macro in 15 mins using multiple clients and this would have saved time for everyone.??Be inventive.??

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2010 12:18 AM by Général_Argos.)
05-03-2010 12:17 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

Ultima_Pi Wrote:Official isn't the way to go if you want your shiny fast.

High rate is only if you want a shiny to say you made a shiny. There's nothing fulfilling about going from 1 to OVER 9000! 3rd class off one Poring.

fixed

+1 what Revenant said.
and OMGWTF on pront vending...

anyway, i'm sticking to my convictions that HeRO is the best server out there. If RO is the game for you, then HeRO is the server you want.

And sure there is always room for improvement, Krim. But it seems people tend to value more inputs from people who take the time to help test&dev rather than just bitch about it in the forums. So i slide in a (hopefully) constructive idea/criticism whenever i can, but i know my place...

back to topic:
stick to HeRO for a fun, rewarding, and long lasting RO experience Ok

-w-
05-03-2010 12:46 AM
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

Well, it's true that GM does create plenty of event when i was on, but i couldn't join since the required level is 80(Rodent God anyone?). I just think maybe if the event would be more lower level friendly more people could join in, since i've seen plenty of new players lately, on and off the forum.

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
05-03-2010 12:51 AM