Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tempted...
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

RE: Tempted...

Also, back to topic, stick with HeRO, officials aren't that great and only ego hungry players play there. Something like botting the level or stuff, pay real money to get more advantage in any PvP events(please, they buy vs demi-human cards and gears), and always "I own you, noob, WKWKWKWKKKKKK....." or "You kill my Priest/Soullinker bot, i kill you".*down comes a gloria domini on to me*

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
05-03-2010 01:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hiropyro Offline
~insert witty phrase here~

Lol, wow lots of replies
and it's not that I wan't instant shiny its just rather that lvling a character is basically the exact same thing. Over, and over, and over again. Never fresh or exciting. But at the same time, P: hitting 99 is pretty awesome.

I am actually currently whenever I have spare time(curse you final projects for college CUUUUUURSEE YOUUU!) testing/configuring. A build for gunslinger in the RMS test server...lol

Now is the heRO test server only open when you need something tested? Or would I be able to use it like RMS if I was willing to help test other things when ever I got the chance.

ANd D: what is Death Zone. Is it similar to battle grounds? Because I think we need battle grounds(with balanced equips cept the slinger ones j/k xD). Or a light vs dark battle grounds custom to are server. /ho
oh and >> I understand iRO(valk as well) sucks compared to heRO but if I was to go there It would make me realize that I love heRO sooo much(happens occasionally I "quit" heRO and go somewhere else, wether it be a new game or server. And realize, oh this sucks back to heRO!)

D: we need more male hairs, lol the server *******RO has an awesome hair P: I know its not specific to theres because I have seen it other places. So if the gms wants the .act/.spr file; I would be happy to toss it to them via mediafire/pm. If it meant exclusiveness for 1month! :D j/k I would do it just to see it on the server. <3333

Edit:
D: .spr not grf XD

[Image: sigp.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2010 01:26 AM by hiropyro.)
05-03-2010 01:23 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE:??Tempted...

Ngjoko Wrote:Well, it's true that GM does create plenty of event when i was on, but i couldn't join since the required level is 80(Rodent God anyone?). I just think maybe if the event would be more lower level friendly more people could join in, since i've seen plenty of new players lately, on and off the forum.

Dude read wiki sometime for past events.
We have TOO MANY Novice events I feel sometimes, and those that are not novice based are usually not done so much lately (Run Hydro Run, Defend the Merchant, etc).

Rodent God was really funny and pretty well thought out overall by Azote, first time I've actually been impressed by that said GM since he has joined the team.

@Hiro
Sorry we're not allowed to reveal much about Death Zone since its still in testing. What I said about it already is about all I can say. Icon_biggrin

And for those who are complaining about how testers test shit...I haveta ask why are testers being given so much flack lately? How about you guys do more than sit here and WHINE about how there are no new contents that interest you since they aren't PvP based.

We want battlegrounds as much as you do but the most testers I've ever seen get on at once was about 8, and we need 10 for the testing. Do people help and join testing...hell no they don't.

People whine about our emptyish wiki in game, but do any players but like 5 really help at all to fill that thing in? NO again! Even though we did supposedly have a bunch of people who said they would help with it, they never effing do.

Last note, if people want a more competitive server, then actually start making it sound like being competitive matters on heRO. So many of us say heRO WoE is bad, pvp is boring, blah blah blah, and you think that makes new players want to join in on that? Probably not, and on top of that there are elitist jerkoffs who make fun of anything that isn't similar to their little narrow minded clique views.

If people want more content on the server, actually I dunno...help with the content getting done?

Anyway done ranting, I should know better by now however, there will still be guys who act like crybabies about everything this server does, even though I can guarantee that most of you haven't bothered with half the new content coming out this year.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
05-03-2010 02:12 AM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

RE: ??Tempted...

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:
G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:Adding some pvp features would be fun too.??Some high-end maps like Odin Temple or Thor could be pvp maps.??Having people pvping for the right to mvp would be fun.??(Of course only on a limited number of maps and those would have to be only on high-end maps)
edit: (and maybe only during a limited amount of hours per week, like for 3 hours starting at the end of each woe + every friday/saturday night from 6 pm to 10 pm something like that)

Any gm input about this?

Also, about that pvp thing that need like 20 testers to be loged on at once, why not use 5 people using themself 4 dual clients ffs idunno...?

People having access to the script of the stuff they test could get stuff being done faster and better, as people would focus on 'chaotic' or 'obscure' part of the script.??

When the new mining was implemented, gms asked for people to test it and then to give results to compile them.??That kind of sh!t is a pucking waste of time.??One gm could have done the tests of the droprates with a macro in 15 mins using multiple clients and this would have saved time for everyone.??Be inventive.??

Like I said, even if we did decide to follow that, we lack the testers needed to keep it up for longer than say... a week. Simple as that.

GMs teaching players how to mod their clients to dual client doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Not to mention (and this will come up again further down the post) that testing of scripts??that calibur and length need more testing than just a couple of players trying to find every bug/exploit while trying to keep up with multiple clients, anyway.

I don't see how releasing the script to all testers would speed things up. If anything, it would make them slower. First off, we'd have to teach all the testers how to script, or at very best, how to read and follow the scripts, so they know what to do or how to find the more "chaotic" and "obscure" parts. Tester != scripter.
Secondly, we would then have to possibly compile multiple fixes from multiple testers into a single file. Which, we would have to test fully again, first off, to make sure none of the fixes done by multiple people in multiple places clashed at all, and secondly, if they all worked fine, as the final run before it was put into the real server.
(Also, having a script done by multiple people in multiple styles really isn't fun. I call on The Sign Quest script as an example. Yet again.)

And I said this would be brought up later in the post. That time is now.
Not only does this one break 2 rules (which yes, the GMs also follow. Tada), but once again brings up the issue of running one single test, by one single tester.
If you are part of the T&D, you'll have noticed that testers post the bugs/problems they find in the thread. Sometimes, there will be 3 posts from different people, all for the same quest, with different issues. Why? Because not everyone thinks of every way to test a script in every single way.
Hell, I pretest all my own scripts on a private test server before I have them put onto the heRO test server, to make sure they work, and even then, they get bugs back, because I haven't allowed for things other people try.

TLDR;
Need moar testers. Go join T&D.

Sorry for further derailing the thread, but it needed to be addressed.

As for the level 80+ event, Dice Invasion is really for every level. The crowd does make it easier.
That, and I take my hat off to the low level novice we had one time. She would run up to an MVP when it was centered on a high level char, punch it a couple of times, then run back. It was spectacular.

Edit for Aaronock: Run Hydro Run, Flower Maze, etc take aggggesss to set up. ._.;; A proper flower maze can literally take hours.
The Exterminator was my favorite. XD [/selfplug]

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

05-03-2010 02:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Hours for flower maze is FAST.

Try 2 weeks.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
05-03-2010 02:37 AM
hiropyro Offline
~insert witty phrase here~

@Aaronock
P: On that competitive note, if you only knew what I had in store for the Gunslingers on this server. /gg But its a ways off ;-; my slinger is far to low of a lvl and I need to fine tune this build on a test server...

@GM-Circe
I love you<3 Keep up the hard work and make make me big? :D for my birthday that passed? xD

But I didn't mean to say or start a argument that the GM's don't do anything. D: They do so much I love the novice events, and the non novice events. Infact when I wrote that I had a bad day at work and was tired. lol Got on my LK was like....this is boring....I wan't to play another server. But after testing some builds on RMS I realized hell no I don't I may jump around a little to get some ideas for things. But heRO until further notice is my home. :3
...Speaking of which >> I may be pretty much afk for the next month. The semester is wrapping up, and I have so many assignments do(most late) so I won't get on much.

Who do I pm again to join the test server? >> When Summer starts I would love to help test things. P: Would be pretty fun, and Aaronock D: if you help me learn wth to do to edit that Wiki I'll see about making guides for it...P: Like when my slinger is high enough the Items. *must find out what stats they add...

[Image: sigp.gif]
05-03-2010 02:41 AM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

Me. You PM me. :D

I should put a big
WE WANT YOU
For Test and Dev
post in my signature or some sort.

<333

05-03-2010 02:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Should make that a post somewhere so we just link to it every time some people whine and keep demanding without contributing, be it wiki or content related.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
05-03-2010 02:52 AM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

RE:????Tempted...

GM-Circe Wrote:
G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:
G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:Adding some pvp features would be fun too.??Some high-end maps like Odin Temple or Thor could be pvp maps.??Having people pvping for the right to mvp would be fun.??(Of course only on a limited number of maps and those would have to be only on high-end maps)
edit: (and maybe only during a limited amount of hours per week, like for 3 hours starting at the end of each woe + every friday/saturday night from 6 pm to 10 pm something like that)

Any gm input about this?

Icon_evil

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
05-03-2010 03:06 AM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

GM-Circe Wrote:Like I said, even if we did decide to follow that, we lack the testers needed to keep it up for longer than say... a week. Simple as that.

<333

05-03-2010 03:17 AM