Poll: Vote for what you like (for Vote for Points)
This poll is closed.
The midgear and lower head gear, but with stats modified for heRO (enhanced if useless, tamed if op) 19.90% 39 19.90%
The midgear and lower head gear, with their official server stats (even if useless/op) 5.61% 11 5.61%
GM Service 14.80% 29 14.80%
Consumable items that give temporary bonus (Life potion, Delicious Cake, Sesame Pastry, etc.) 12.76% 25 12.76%
Monster summoning items (dead branch, bloody branch, poring box) 10.20% 20 10.20%
Enriched elu/ori 11.73% 23 11.73%
Token of Siegfried / Life Insurance 10.71% 21 10.71%
Make some of the rewards for points Account bound 14.29% 28 14.29%
Total 196 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vote for Points rewards
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RE:??Vote for Points rewards

xsimplyxtee Wrote:I'm curious...(hopefully this question hasn't been answered >: ) Are the lower/mid headgears slotted?

It change each week, and it's going to have adjusted stat, so read the item description that Pandora gives out each week to know if it's slotted or not. Until then, no one outside of GM team knows for sure.

For this month, it has no slots.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
06-06-2010 10:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

RE:??Vote for Points rewards

xsimplyxtee Wrote:I'm curious...(hopefully this question hasn't been answered >: ) Are the lower/mid headgears slotted?

if ever, that would be the downfall imho...

-w-
06-06-2010 11:41 PM
Corporal Offline
Posting Freak

RE: ??Vote for Points rewards

mahawirasd Wrote:

if ever, that would be the downfall imho...

-w-
^ what he said.

Slotted mids and lowers via Vote for Points is a horrible idea. Probably one of the worst i've ever seen.

IGNs:

Heii - 99/70 Sniper
Limits - 99/50 Knight
Asira - 9x/6x High Priest
Ruins - 99/70 Whitesmith
Meteor - 99/70 Champion
Toy. - 99/6x Assassin Cross
06-07-2010 12:38 AM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

RE: Vote for Points rewards

I think it would be a fine idea to have some slotted because everyone could conceivably have access to them that month.

Also it might mean people use the various Cards that prevent X status ailment more.

Other than a few rare cards, not much that could be called game changing could be slotted in those gears.
06-07-2010 02:05 AM
Galt Offline
Lurker

Slotted? Absolutely not.

Just remove slotted (sun)glasses from Hatters then. Let's make it so easily accessible, the original items aren't worth a crap anymore!

Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
06-07-2010 02:12 AM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

Why not have both?
06-07-2010 02:14 AM
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

Slotted ? Maybe, but not for the current Point Price.

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
06-07-2010 02:24 AM
Corporal Offline
Posting Freak

By adding slotted mids or lowers to the V4P, it reduces the value of the most expensive and (likely) most wanted drop from the hatter quest.

To be honest, some of the mids that may be offered (peco peco ears, black glasses) are already overstepping boundaries. Why would anyone bother getting nobility if we have options such as these? Not only do they give DEF, but they're also giving 2 MDEF AND an extra stat (agi for peco ears, int for black glasses).

IGNs:

Heii - 99/70 Sniper
Limits - 99/50 Knight
Asira - 9x/6x High Priest
Ruins - 99/70 Whitesmith
Meteor - 99/70 Champion
Toy. - 99/6x Assassin Cross
06-07-2010 02:45 AM
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

Why would anyone bother getting nobility at all when you can get the same thing as unranked for much much cheaper and ranked is ludicrously expensive and on the verge of getting out shined anyway?

...It's time for me to make a thread regarding this isn't it? Sweat I think it is.

Anyway, back on topic since I've already derailed one thread today. I'm against slotted mid/lower gears For the same reasons everyone else listed. Mids would make everything else pointless and lowers...no. Just no. We do NOT need people running around with three headgear cards AND being able to wear armor still.

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2010 03:29 AM by Fruityla.)
06-07-2010 03:16 AM
Irxallis Offline
Adventuring Archivist

Slotted mid == tragedy. Those should never appear in V4P.
Slotted low == abomination. Those would be the worst thing ever.

Imagine, you could gear a char with slotted upper, slotted mid and slotted lower. This would be something I would expect from the high rate server, not HeRO.

Matrim Wrote:Also it might mean people use the various Cards that prevent X status ailment more.
I don't think so. There are mids which protect from status (Dark Blinder, for example). Those would always be used to get easier access to things like Incubus + Succubus combo. I have never planned on having slotted glasses, but I heard from a friend I trust you can do quite insane things with those.

Corporal Wrote:To be honest, some of the mids that may be offered (peco peco ears, black glasses) are already overstepping boundaries.
I feel Corporal might be right here. Please consider class balance and endgame balance carefully before adding items like these, especially due to the following:

Usually endgame level gear can be accessed only via some insane monster hunt (say, MVP) or a low chance drop from hard dungeon (tracker's daggers / dragon combo come to mind)

Those items here are accessible for everybody regardless of planning, dungeon crawling etc. You just vote and you have them. Fair enough, if that is your goal.

But then those items disappear from voting option and go to Fairy auction. And after that they disappear completely (till next year). So if a person joins 'too late' she will hardly be able to obtain those items, unless in transaction between players. I expect the price of those to be much higher than usual, especially as Fairy Auction for this item is in the 'voting month' - I guess the item won't get much interest.

Now, if those items were just 'good' items (say, on the level of a glove[1] vs linen glove[1]) there wouldn't be a problem. You can just skip them and aim for better ones from the monster hunt. But if those are better than the best you can try to reliably get from a non-MVP hunt (say, black glasses) you have just obsoleted every other mid headgear in this type of builds and people who come too late will be in the same position as with HeRO backpacks.

Actually, in worse position, as you could make multiple backpacks and so people sell them (with a nice profit of course). Those are hard to make in multiples, so 'if you were here at the time you have it better'. This makes the gap between vets and newbies wider, which is something I would greatly advise against.

---

There are only three ways I see mid headgears can be 'reasonably balanced':

1) They are weaker than semi-high-end item of their class. For example, they are something between glove[1] and linen[1]. You can always get a superior item hunting monsters (or buing them from WoE players) which are not of Nidhoggur MVP class :P

2) Every Fairy Auction features all the mid headgears. That way if you have zeny you can just get those items even after their 'voting period' has expired. Of course, this will make Fairy Auction a bit bigger mess, but it will give people a PC range for the item in the longer run, which will stop the scenario I expect to see after Black Glasses leaves the voting...

3) Add the 'better' mid/low headgears to WoE chest drops. It might lure some players to WoE (which is good for the server), it will allow a zeny transfer from non-WoErs to WoErs (which is good, as they buy stuff from us non-WoErs anyway) and, which is most important, it will give another way of obtaining endgame level stuff.

---

Although I'd prefer endgame level stuff came at endgame, not because you just voted. My personal preference, don't mind me.

[sarcasm]
On the side note, why don't we add Dragon Manteau to V4P? If we want to have endgame mids here, why not other engame gear?
[/sarcasm]
---

Hope I contributed somewhat.

IGN: Irxallis, 99 FS High Priest (DEX>INT>VIT)
Timezone: GMT+1 (server time +6)
Guild: -
Availability: on demand only

BG equipment = best PvM (demi-human) equipment to achieve only in PvP. Thus, on hiatus, unless you need us.
06-07-2010 03:30 AM