Poll: Vote for what you like (for Vote for Points)
This poll is closed.
The midgear and lower head gear, but with stats modified for heRO (enhanced if useless, tamed if op) 19.90% 39 19.90%
The midgear and lower head gear, with their official server stats (even if useless/op) 5.61% 11 5.61%
GM Service 14.80% 29 14.80%
Consumable items that give temporary bonus (Life potion, Delicious Cake, Sesame Pastry, etc.) 12.76% 25 12.76%
Monster summoning items (dead branch, bloody branch, poring box) 10.20% 20 10.20%
Enriched elu/ori 11.73% 23 11.73%
Token of Siegfried / Life Insurance 10.71% 21 10.71%
Make some of the rewards for points Account bound 14.29% 28 14.29%
Total 196 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vote for Points rewards
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

RE: Vote for Points rewards

1)??Please indicate for every item if it is mid, or lower, or both mid & lower.??
2)??Zeny sink is good as I always said.??However it is in contradiction with the observation wing that defeat the purpose of zeny sinking.??(This is a critic of those wings)
3)??The system is abusable and people will cheat.??Almost everyone has 2+ hero accounts for merchant or w/e.?
4)??Voting on a top website is almost useless.??But w/e this has already been debated.??
5)??People that won't go vote because they don't feel that hero should have their vote during a month will be penalized in-game. Probably won't happen anyway because people will go vote for the items w/e they think about the current state of the server.??

@edited by Nara, don't advise people to cheat or in a manner to cheat. If you find a bug don't exploit it, report it.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2010 05:42 PM by Général_Argos.)
05-10-2010 05:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

I say offer Bundles Of DBs as a possible reward. Or batches of Picks/Bait.

I'd love Hatter Vouchers but I highly doubt that would happen.
05-10-2010 05:41 PM
Corporal Offline
Posting Freak

Good idea for using this as a zeny sink. Although a worse headgear may lower the numbers of votes we get (each month), it's still a free item for clicking a button a few times every 12 hours. Overall, we'd still have an increased number of votes.

IGNs:

Heii - 99/70 Sniper
Limits - 99/50 Knight
Asira - 9x/6x High Priest
Ruins - 99/70 Whitesmith
Meteor - 99/70 Champion
Toy. - 99/6x Assassin Cross
05-10-2010 07:22 PM
Belthazar Offline
Just Badass!

I've made a suggestion about the Voting points Reward here: http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthrea...#pid182340

But I'll copy it here too...
Belthazar Wrote:I've been thinking about the Voting Points... and I came up with an idea... (That's probably stupid, or hard to do but I'll post it here anyways)

My idea is:

Not to make like a "store" for the Points like

Item 1 : 1000 points
Item 2 : 750 points... and so on

But to make a new feature for using those points (Wich will be cool for advertising too like Mining/Fishing/"Insert new feature here")

I thought about an "Lottery System" that works like that a NPC somewhere to trade your Voting points for "Lottery Tickets(or whatever)" and Another NPC where you use the tickets... to get a random prize (most like the hatter, but with more trivial stuff) and there'll be like 4 ranks for the lottery... C;B;A and S each with different prizes and cost too (like with C costing 1 ticket but giving kinda bad prizes... and S costing 50 but giving some Not-overpowered-but-still-kinda-useful stuff)

So what you people think? Is it a good idea? Is it actually possible to do?

(Don't laugh at me if it's too stupid please No1

The mid-lower headgears could be prizes on the Lottery System.. what do you think?

[Image: BlackMage.gif]

Belthazar - Wizard
Keith Moody - Ganker Rogue
Kauffman - Merchant
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2010 08:23 PM by Belthazar.)
05-10-2010 08:16 PM
Galt Offline
Lurker

Those are some fairly nice items. I think rewards like this could work pretty well.

Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
05-10-2010 09:43 PM
Pistis_Sophia Offline
Sexy ingame moderator

Rewards seems alright. If I don't have time for voting I'm sure I can buy those from players if I need them.

I'd be up for some things account-bound too, just to make sure it isn't that much reliable to farm voting points with multiple accounts/connections.
05-10-2010 09:56 PM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

On the lotto side, if it was just a lotto with a few prizes every month, I can see people growing disinterested after a few months on the basis of "I never win, so why bother?", and as such, they may just not vote anymore. :/

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

05-10-2010 11:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

my thoughts on the headgears:
Ninja's Scroll [0 def, Increase MATK by 1%] -> what Joe said. Would still fetch 2-3m in today's market imho

Peco Peco Ears [1 def, AGI + 1, MDEF + 2] -> beautiful, useful: on par with angel/evil wing ears. Would easily get 7+ m

Black Glasses [1 def, INT + 1, MDEF + 2] -> smokin' hot, useful: on par with red glasses. Would easily get 8+ m

Naughty Fairy [1 def, Perfect Dodge + 3] -> too similar to elvens, but still useful and might spawn more 80+ pdodge sins out there... maybe 6-7m because it's so similar to elvens

Fish Mouth [0 def, 5% chance to get Fresh Fish on kill, Fresh Fish recovery rate + 25%] -> actually useful and might be a good addition for high vit chars who are already gulping down meats or ice creams. At least 2m because it's somewhat more useful than rudolph's nose...

Of course it all depends on the amount of voting points required to get those items and how quickly one can rack up voting points, but still such allowances could very well squander a lot of your efforts to get HeRO's economy to shape up like it is now...

would we really end up with more people who actually stay for the long run?
HR servers have huge pops because they make it easy for people to feel 1337. They make it easy for players to feel good because they reward them way too generously. But most of the time the enchantment wears off and people numb to rewards. But the admins know this, so they have their own goals set, they have a clear expectation about the lifetime of their server(s), the peak population, and bounce rate...

Maybe before employing one of their reward schemes it would be good for us to take a moment and think about what our goals are; how many peak players (usually WOE times) do we want?
how many off-peak regular 24-hr pop average do we want?
how long do you want HeRO to exist?
how good is our bounce rate? Will this scheme really improve it or will it worsen it because some people will think "great i can get some good items fast here too", play the game, and then bounce?

HeRO is a great server because it has succeeded very very well in balancing the carrot and the stick.
This thing looks like it's all carrot and very little (if any) stick.
Please take care not to squander your previous efforts...

-w-
05-10-2010 11:17 PM
Galt Offline
Lurker

Also, what's the consensus on making these items account-bound or not?

Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
05-10-2010 11:44 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

account-bound = Ok
RNG = Ok
account-bound + RNG = NotOk

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/