Poll: Vote for what you like (for Vote for Points)
This poll is closed.
The midgear and lower head gear, but with stats modified for heRO (enhanced if useless, tamed if op) 19.90% 39 19.90%
The midgear and lower head gear, with their official server stats (even if useless/op) 5.61% 11 5.61%
GM Service 14.80% 29 14.80%
Consumable items that give temporary bonus (Life potion, Delicious Cake, Sesame Pastry, etc.) 12.76% 25 12.76%
Monster summoning items (dead branch, bloody branch, poring box) 10.20% 20 10.20%
Enriched elu/ori 11.73% 23 11.73%
Token of Siegfried / Life Insurance 10.71% 21 10.71%
Make some of the rewards for points Account bound 14.29% 28 14.29%
Total 196 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vote for Points rewards
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Vote for Points rewards

well imho the GM service is actually a good idea.

it won't affect in-game economy that badly, it's still quite useful, it's not OP or anything, it's still quite worth it (around 5-10m zeny), all in all it's a good option imho...

-w-
05-22-2010 03:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

well imho the GM service is actually a good idea.

it won't affect in-game economy that badly, it's still quite useful, it's not OP or anything, it's still quite worth it (around 5-10m zeny), all in all it's a good option imho...

-w-
05-22-2010 03:42 PM
Trapper Offline

Hopes Rental Weapon and Rental Armors are there.Icon_biggrin
And Add Battle Manual Boxes 2.Icon_twisted

AFK From Game.
05-24-2010 11:28 AM
Corporal Offline
Posting Freak

I'd say no to the GM service or enriched mats. We have ways of getting them in-game without paying real-life money already. If the GM service were available (in-game) outside the auction, it would make the one offered by the auction worthless. If the enriched mats were offered by points as well, then there wouldn't be any real reason to do muspel.

Everything else, however, I find is perfectly fine.

IGNs:

Heii - 99/70 Sniper
Limits - 99/50 Knight
Asira - 9x/6x High Priest
Ruins - 99/70 Whitesmith
Meteor - 99/70 Champion
Toy. - 99/6x Assassin Cross
05-24-2010 11:37 AM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

There would be reasons to do Muspel besides enriched mats.
05-24-2010 03:42 PM
Corporal Offline
Posting Freak

What reasons do you see? The only other significant drops from muspel at the moment are advanced mini ribbons, holy daggers and (maybe) angel's dresses. However, this only concerns the items you are able to get through the first and second stages. The last stage is pretty much just about the enriched materials.

By adding the enriched materials into the points gifts, it's reducing the interest in actually finishing muspel as an event. It's the same situation with the GM service. That's why I think it would make sense to have the other items such as the mid and lower gears, foods, branches and insurances since it wouldn't reduce the interest in the other things heRO has to offer.

IGNs:

Heii - 99/70 Sniper
Limits - 99/50 Knight
Asira - 9x/6x High Priest
Ruins - 99/70 Whitesmith
Meteor - 99/70 Champion
Toy. - 99/6x Assassin Cross
05-24-2010 09:45 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

You really want to avoid overlap if you can. Sometimes there's no choice, especially for monsters cause you have to think about if it makes sense to drop at times. You run the risk of overshadowing another aspect of heRO, be it custom or official.

If you drop cookie bag items like sesame pastry, that's something uniquely belonging to baby characters. The only thing going for baby right now besides cuteness is their unique access for the cookie bag trade. Rudolph's Red Nose got very low drop rate, so trading in orc fangs to baby is still the best way to get these high stat buff. If you can reliably get them, you'll have to reconsider how does that affect reason to get baby char (yes there's neko mimi, but hunter's cap from hatter already outclasses it.)

It's best if each aspect of custom, including vote for points, take up an unique, irreplaceable niche so that all customs are equally valid and worth doing. If they aren't unique or top of their niche, then there's no reason to do it then. You can say "well it's just for the good of the server, the price is only secondary," but admit it that we are all driven by reward for most of us. We aren't going to go use a function out of pity and thankfulness that GMs worked hard on it.

I vote for ONLY "The midgear and lower head gear, but with stats modified for heRO (enhanced if useless, tamed if op)." The reason is that this is a unique niche that only vote for points will cover, while nothing else interferes with it (and it interferes with nothing else.) It will entice players to vote, yet they will not lose motivation to participate in any other ingame custom quests/dungeons/events either.

Whatever the reward is: it has to be unique and not overshadowed by anything. Otherwise, there's not enough reason to do it, and then you get to go "HELLO KUBLIN! HOW'S THAT BLACK HIP RIBBON RUBBING AGAINST YOUR FACE?"

(note: if we are having major headache on how to balance mid headgears, there's 2 more official equipment that we can release yet it's not out anywhere. There's beach sandals[1] and beach manteau[1] combo. They were out only as seasonal event for some form of promotion in pRO, so it's unlikely that there will be permanent quests for them. There's also skeleton manteau[0] which only 2 copies of it ever released in an event, and that's also up for consideration, though I know that Pandora has always been iffy about that garment since it's key to the IC cast gear set.)

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2010 11:52 PM by Namine.)
05-24-2010 10:16 PM
d4rk Offline

RE:??Vote for Points rewards

Namine Wrote:I vote for ONLY "The midgear and lower head gear, but with stats modified for heRO (enhanced if useless, tamed if op)." The reason is that this is a unique niche that only vote for points will cover, while nothing else interferes with it (and it interferes with nothing else.) It will entice players to vote, yet they will not lose motivation to participate in any other ingame custom quests/dungeons/events either.
Signed.

I share my opinion with Namine, that's correctly what I think about the voting points, too.

I'd prefer them to get used for midgear and lower headgers (modified for heRO, because they should be useful at all, not just stylish).

Besides, I really like the ones that Pandora showed as at the first post in this thread.
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2010 10:25 PM by d4rk.)
05-24-2010 10:24 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I want Fish in Mouth as one of the available lower headgears to come out.
I've been wanting to for like...ever.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
05-24-2010 10:33 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RE:??Vote for Points rewards

Aaronock Wrote:I want Fish in Mouth as one of the available lower headgears to come out.
I've been wanting to for like...ever.

GRF update, or suffer the wrath of gravity error for that one ("technically" it's in already...)

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
05-24-2010 11:50 PM