Poll: Vote for what you like (for Vote for Points)
This poll is closed.
The midgear and lower head gear, but with stats modified for heRO (enhanced if useless, tamed if op) 19.90% 39 19.90%
The midgear and lower head gear, with their official server stats (even if useless/op) 5.61% 11 5.61%
GM Service 14.80% 29 14.80%
Consumable items that give temporary bonus (Life potion, Delicious Cake, Sesame Pastry, etc.) 12.76% 25 12.76%
Monster summoning items (dead branch, bloody branch, poring box) 10.20% 20 10.20%
Enriched elu/ori 11.73% 23 11.73%
Token of Siegfried / Life Insurance 10.71% 21 10.71%
Make some of the rewards for points Account bound 14.29% 28 14.29%
Total 196 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vote for Points rewards
Antimind Offline
Elitist Thug

RE: Vote for Points rewards

I like the idea of certain consumables being available. Sesame pastries and honey pastries in particular. Different headgears would be nice too. As much as I love them please don't make convex mirrors available. They really do make people lazy and also kill the MVP scene. With the current server rules on MVPs it wouldn't work anyway. Convex make MVPing a high competition thing. Field manuals and maybe insurance or even giant butterfly wings wouldn't be bad. I really love assumptio scrolls on officials but I wouldn't recommend them here. What they end up doing is killing the need for an HP in party. It would make for a lot of unhappy/unwanted HPs.

Another thought is BG armors or at the very least, the medal of honor and maybe weapons. From what I understand certain gunslinger BG gears are available via quest. What about the rest of us?

I like the idea of making GM service available but at a high vote cost. That would open up the availability of GM service to people who maybe otherwise can't afford to donate. I'm mostly thinking of younger players who lack the income.

I like the idea of players being given a choice. If say consumables/cash shop type items would become available with votes and monthly headgears. Make it so that the headgears would be available but you'd need so many points you'd pretty much have to choose between getting the headgear of the month or picking up some consumables. That way the server isn't flooded with stuff like that. Making vote point items account bound isn't a bad idea either.

[Image: smokies-sig.png]
05-25-2010 04:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Corporal Offline
Posting Freak

RE:??Vote for Points rewards

Namine Wrote:If you drop cookie bag items like sesame pastry, that's something uniquely belonging to baby characters. The only thing going for baby right now besides cuteness is their unique access for the cookie bag trade. Rudolph's Red Nose got very low drop rate, so trading in orc fangs to baby is still the best way to get these high stat buff. If you can reliably get them, you'll have to reconsider how does that affect reason to get baby char (yes there's neko mimi, but hunter's cap from hatter already outclasses it.)
To start, the poll's options weren't specific enough, so it ended up that I voted for the other muspel potions as well, since it included the cookie bag drops. Although I do see your point of the overlap, I don't see the cookie bags being replaced by Vote for Points. If I understood correctly, Panda was going to release 12 different mid/lower gears out via Vote for Points. However, what happens after the year ends? Do we have new gears introduced each month? Or does the same set of 12 (possibly account locked) gears just get recycled?)

This is why I'd suggest the Cookie Bag drops to be included, even if it does overlap with the baby character's niche. I don't know about others, but I've never specifically gone to orc dungeon to specifically hunt orc fangs - they're just things I found to be the byproducts of GC leveling in Orc 2. This is the same case with Poring Boxes, Bloody Branches and Dead Branches. They're just byproducts of the crooked hat, and having other means to get them wouldn't be such a bad thing. (Frankly, it would be a waste to get BBs via the Vote for Points since they're relatively easy to obtain already anyways, but each to their own.)

However, I did vote for the Token of Siegfried / Life Insurance, and if I had the choice to, I'd revoke that vote. As it is, I don't know many who do the Monster Exterminator Quest, but by adding these into the Vote for Points, I believe even fewer people would do it.

IGNs:

Heii - 99/70 Sniper
Limits - 99/50 Knight
Asira - 9x/6x High Priest
Ruins - 99/70 Whitesmith
Meteor - 99/70 Champion
Toy. - 99/6x Assassin Cross
05-25-2010 09:50 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

There isn't any way however to obtain Token of Siegfried at this time.
One major reason to do the Monster Exterminators each month is for 2 things:

1. 4 Life Insurance
2. 1 Hatter Card

I have actually used life insurances before like a effing madman getting stalker to 99 at Nameless/New World. I pretty much burned my whole supply I had stocked up over the months to do it, but was pretty worth it.

I agree, they shouldn't be that easy to get, they are really fun to have and let you take a few risks that normally you would be punished with experience loss for.

Monster exterminators would be more appealing if they didn't have you hunt stuff that had only 10 spawns of on a map, but its still not that bad as long as you don't wait till the last days of a month.

So if they do have Token+Life Insurance to the shop, it should take many vote points to obtain only a few most each month. Icon_razz

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
05-25-2010 10:16 AM
Corporal Offline
Posting Freak

Oh, my bad. Token is dropped by Surtur.

IGNs:

Heii - 99/70 Sniper
Limits - 99/50 Knight
Ruins - 99/70 Whitesmith
Meteor - 99/70 Champion
05-25-2010 10:27 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Token of Siegfried is usually on Pandelina's special as well lol... also got to save some items that are given out by GMs for whatever the purpose, including the seasonal celebrations, anniversary, and the "what a mess ._." apologetic situations (have to assume and prepare for worse case scenarios too for GMs, as much as it'll be nice to say how bad things never happen, they still do...)

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2010 10:29 AM by Namine.)
05-25-2010 10:29 AM
Landon Offline
Snappin necks, Cashin Checks

GM service would be really good for people who don't trust the normal methods of money transfer (Paypal, etc.)

I think you'd need a really high amount for this but it would definitely be convenient and will help out a lot of people.

Hercules 97 High Priest
Shepard 99 Whitesmith
Hawk 98 Clown
Barossa 97 Professor
05-25-2010 04:55 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

+1 What Landon said...

i know what Corp meant by it making the one offered in the fairy auction moot, but with how easy it is to buy it in-game anyway, i don't see a reason why offering GM service is not a viable option.

furthermore, considering the scope of the GM service, i would say that it's a safer bet than the mid headgears and that people will continually use it for the regular item transfer or name changing needs, so it doesn't matter that it's offered all year round while a 12 month cycle of headgears would really fluctuate votes depending on how "liked" the current month's headgear is and that there will be no repeat votes on the same month next year due to mid-gears being non-refinable which means no one really needs more than one...

-w-
05-25-2010 10:46 PM
tan313008 Offline

Does the rewards start at June 1st? =]

IshidaUryuu 97/66 Sniper
Fist of Fury 9x/6x Champion
Kuchiki Byakuya 96/47 Alchemist
05-26-2010 07:14 AM
Corporal Offline
Posting Freak

There are people (Tiffa, Cloud) who donate and sell GM services. You could ask them for it. Also, you don't need to donate to get the GM service. The main point is that you /can/ buy it in the fairy auction - it usually comes out to approx 10m, which isn't totally unreasonable given the many uses the account bound items have.

IGNs:

Heii - 99/70 Sniper
Limits - 99/50 Knight
Ruins - 99/70 Whitesmith
Meteor - 99/70 Champion
05-26-2010 09:09 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Thanks for your input everyone. Rewards should be added early June, there's still time to enter your vote.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
05-28-2010 12:34 PM