Poll: Vote for what you like (for Vote for Points)
This poll is closed.
The midgear and lower head gear, but with stats modified for heRO (enhanced if useless, tamed if op) 19.90% 39 19.90%
The midgear and lower head gear, with their official server stats (even if useless/op) 5.61% 11 5.61%
GM Service 14.80% 29 14.80%
Consumable items that give temporary bonus (Life potion, Delicious Cake, Sesame Pastry, etc.) 12.76% 25 12.76%
Monster summoning items (dead branch, bloody branch, poring box) 10.20% 20 10.20%
Enriched elu/ori 11.73% 23 11.73%
Token of Siegfried / Life Insurance 10.71% 21 10.71%
Make some of the rewards for points Account bound 14.29% 28 14.29%
Total 196 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vote for Points rewards
TPC Offline
I like pie

RE: Vote for Points rewards

Here is my suggestion:

Have one or two very good items that you need multiple months to save up for. That way if there is nothing that catches your interest any particular month you can save the points and when that has happened enough times you can get something better for it. Would be better than to have people not voting the months there is something that doesn't interest them. Field manual might be a good choice for this, and maybe older seasonal event items that are not available anymore.

My chars: TPC / Tjuven / Dansare / Sinne / Magiker / Byracka / Krigare / Andreas
05-28-2010 02:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

i get what you mean Corp, but what i'm getting at is that GM service has recurring utility and looking at fairy auction outcomes, it is clear that that particular niche could use a little price stabilization.

allowing GM service to also be obtainable through the voting mechanism allows for recurring votes rather than seasonal. With the correct set amount of votes required to get it, it will make for a more stable vote-getter than seasonal items with no recurring value.

furthermore, by giving gm service, it's less thought spent on balancing reward items etc. If HeRO starts giving out mid gears better than the regular evil wing ears, people might look at the rewards page and think "hax midgears". Personally i don't think that notion is good for the server's image.

all in all, offering GM service won't adversely affect the economy and gameplay stability compared to mid-gears...

-w-
05-28-2010 07:59 PM
XxRacsxX Offline
Certified Brat

wow i want that black glasses so bad! *votes for hero*
lol xD

btw, what do you mean by gm-service? could someone elaborate? is it like when you have problems in hero you can just contact them and ask for help? Or when you need to trans they can help you level? xD

LOVE IS A HIDEOUS TRICK OF FATE
05-28-2010 09:35 PM
Rankin Offline
Durp

its for sex changes and such

Panda Wrote:Donation for Service:

We are offering the services described below, each of these can be obtained with a donation of 5$

We feel those services should not imbalance the server. And anyone who thinks ahead should not need any of those.

Character Rename: You can rename 1 character.
Conditions:
????- New name must be appropriate and in accordance to server rules.
????- New name must use only characters allowed (refer to server rules).
????- New name must be available (aka not taken by another player)
Include 3 names, in the order you would prefer them, a GM will confirm if they are available when your request is processed, and if not available you can choose other names.

Custom Item Transfer: you can transfer 1 normally "untransferable" custom gear to another account.
Conditions:
????- If transferring a heroic gear, the other account must have same allegiance.
????- The account you are transferring the item to, does not have to be yours (aka you can give it to someone else).
????- The item must be custom, you cannot transfer official untransferable gears, such as The Sign for example is not allowed.

Gender Change for 1 account: changes the gender of all character on the account.
Conditions:
????- Account must not contain any bard/dancer.

Full Allegiance Switch: you can change from light to dark or from dark to light, you will keep all your points (aka if you had 110 dark points and switch this way you will have 110 light points). All your gears will be changed to their equivalents, with cards and upgrades included (example gargoyle wings changed to luminous wings, cursed helm for blessed helm, etc.)

Homunculus name change

Pet name change

-Pet and Homunculus name change follows similar rulings to Character name change. New name must be appropriate and in accordance to server rules, although you can use the same name that's taken by another pet/homunculus in the server.

Guild name change
Conditions:
????- Must be guild leader.

found it??Icon_twisted

love big blocks of text
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2010 10:10 AM by Rankin.)
05-28-2010 09:41 PM
Corporal Offline
Posting Freak

RE:??Vote for Points rewards

mahawirasd Wrote:i get what you mean Corp, but what i'm getting at is that GM service has recurring utility and looking at fairy auction outcomes, it is clear that that particular niche could use a little price stabilization.
If you do look at the prices, they just hover around 10m, with variations based on the sudden increases or decreases in demand. There is no need to stabilize it; it's already stable.

mahawirasd Wrote:allowing GM service to also be obtainable through the voting mechanism allows for recurring votes rather than seasonal. With the correct set amount of votes required to get it, it will make for a more stable vote-getter than seasonal items with no recurring value.
Recurring votes occur regardless - they allow you to get multiple items for another month where you see something really nice. That and, if we threw in consumables such as sesame pastries, honey pastries, delicious cakes, etc, it would still help continue the flow of votes.

mahawirasd Wrote:furthermore, by giving gm service, it's less thought spent on balancing reward items etc. If HeRO starts giving out mid gears better than the regular evil wing ears, people might look at the rewards page and think "hax midgears". Personally i don't think that notion is good for the server's image.
If the gears are account locked, then this won't be an issue. If anything, the people looking on our page would stumble upon the many hatter's hats we have to offer and see that as broken instead.

mahawirasd Wrote:all in all, offering GM service won't adversely affect the economy and gameplay stability compared to mid-gears...
Adding GM services to the list of Vote for Points rewards would reduce the fairy auction service, which is one of the more stable zeny sinks we have on the server. Fewer zeny sinks isn't an adverse affect to you? Also, AFAIK the mid/lower gears are going to be added, but they'd be balanced to the server so I don't see it as an issue at all.

IGNs:

Heii - 99/70 Sniper
Limits - 99/50 Knight
Asira - 9x/6x High Priest
Ruins - 99/70 Whitesmith
Meteor - 99/70 Champion
Toy. - 99/6x Assassin Cross
05-28-2010 11:17 PM
XxRacsxX Offline
Certified Brat

RE:??Vote for Points rewards

Rankin Wrote:its for sex changes and such

GM-Pandora Wrote:Donation for Service:

We are offering the services described below, each of these can be obtained with a donation of 5$

We feel those services should not imbalance the server. And anyone who thinks ahead should not need any of those.

Character Rename: You can rename 1 character.
Conditions:
????- New name must be appropriate and in accordance to server rules.
????- New name must use only characters allowed (refer to server rules).
????- New name must be available (aka not taken by another player)
Include 3 names, in the order you would prefer them, a GM will confirm if they are available when your request is processed, and if not available you can choose other names.

Custom Item Transfer: you can transfer 1 normally "untransferable" custom gear to another account.
Conditions:
????- If transferring a heroic gear, the other account must have same allegiance.
????- The account you are transferring the item to, does not have to be yours (aka you can give it to someone else).
????- The item must be custom, you cannot transfer official untransferable gears, such as The Sign for example is not allowed.

Gender Change for 1 account: changes the gender of all character on the account.
Conditions:
????- Account must not contain any bard/dancer.

Full Allegiance Switch: you can change from light to dark or from dark to light, you will keep all your points (aka if you had 110 dark points and switch this way you will have 110 light points). All your gears will be changed to their equivalents, with cards and upgrades included (example gargoyle wings changed to luminous wings, cursed helm for blessed helm, etc.)

Homunculus name change

Pet name change

-Pet and Homunculus name change follows similar rulings to Character name change. New name must be appropriate and in accordance to server rules, although you can use the same name that's taken by another pet/homunculus in the server.

Guild name change
Conditions:
????- Must be guild leader.

found it??Icon_twisted

love big blocks of text

OH! nice! thanks xD LOL I now understand xD

LOVE IS A HIDEOUS TRICK OF FATE
05-29-2010 12:25 AM
Kaze Offline
Desciple of Innocence

Personally, I like the new rewards for points when we vote. I don't care much about the points and prizes though. It was just alot easier to promote heRO now than before, because I didnt know how to vote and where to vote before. Now since we can vote from the CP its alot easier.
So the points and rewards are just bonus.
Thanks Pandora and GM team for the great idea Icon_smile

i left my tears somewhere in the past... i lost my heart after... if i seem dark and cold, dont blame me, dont blame... its just how this world plays trick us.
-Kaze
05-29-2010 02:15 AM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

I would adore GM service to be available. But for alot of voting points.
05-29-2010 02:18 AM
Antimind Offline
Elitist Thug

RE: ??Vote for Points rewards

Corporal Wrote:If the gears are account locked, then this won't be an issue. If anything, the people looking on our page would stumble upon the many hatter's hats we have to offer and see that as broken instead.

Account locked gears have a slim to nil chance of being a turn-off. If anything is going to be considered broken it'd be the double card effect in wings. To my experience wings are always the #1 turn-off for iRO and "vanilla" RO players. They kept me away for longer than I'd like to admit. Compared to the broken lucky box events and overpowered cash shop items on officials though I don't see them as the problem I once did...lol There isn't a single hatter hat that I can think of that would possibly be viewed as game-breaking.

[Image: smokies-sig.png]
05-29-2010 10:09 AM
Corporal Offline
Posting Freak

RE:????Vote for Points rewards

Antimind Wrote:
Corporal Wrote:If the gears are account locked, then this won't be an issue. If anything, the people looking on our page would stumble upon the many hatter's hats we have to offer and see that as broken instead.
Account locked gears have a slim to nil chance of being a turn-off. If anything is going to be considered broken it'd be the double card effect in wings. To my experience wings are always the #1 turn-off for iRO and "vanilla" RO players. They kept me away for longer than I'd like to admit. Compared to the broken lucky box events and overpowered cash shop items on officials though I don't see them as the problem I once did...lol There isn't a single hatter hat that I can think of that would possibly be viewed as game-breaking.
Oh, then that works even better. Unless we screw up and totally break the game with the mids/lowers, we can ignore the fact that they'd deter players at all. Also, account locking is to make it such that people have to choose to vote on accounts other than their main accounts for points, which would fuel the points for the next annual cycle of the (same?) set of gears available via Vote for Points.

Edit: And with the right number of points/zeny buyout for insane items such as the Black Glasses, account locking them would allow for the Red Glasses to not drop /too/ much in value.

Edit2: @Matrim - how many are we talking about though? Enough to get many months' worth of items? Or something that takes as many points as it takes to get one month's item? At which point do you see a balance where it wouldn't disrupt the value of the fairy auction's service or reduce the number of donated services (by too much)?

IGNs:

Heii - 99/70 Sniper
Limits - 99/50 Knight
Asira - 9x/6x High Priest
Ruins - 99/70 Whitesmith
Meteor - 99/70 Champion
Toy. - 99/6x Assassin Cross
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2010 10:25 AM by Corporal.)
05-29-2010 10:20 AM