Poll: Vote for what you like (for Vote for Points)
This poll is closed.
The midgear and lower head gear, but with stats modified for heRO (enhanced if useless, tamed if op) 19.90% 39 19.90%
The midgear and lower head gear, with their official server stats (even if useless/op) 5.61% 11 5.61%
GM Service 14.80% 29 14.80%
Consumable items that give temporary bonus (Life potion, Delicious Cake, Sesame Pastry, etc.) 12.76% 25 12.76%
Monster summoning items (dead branch, bloody branch, poring box) 10.20% 20 10.20%
Enriched elu/ori 11.73% 23 11.73%
Token of Siegfried / Life Insurance 10.71% 21 10.71%
Make some of the rewards for points Account bound 14.29% 28 14.29%
Total 196 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vote for Points rewards
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

RE: Vote for Points rewards

I don't think making GM service a possible reward would hurt donating much OR affect the value at the Fairyland service.

Most people that donate would still donate, for OCAs & such.

Fairyland price may drop by 1m or so but wouldn't plummet.
05-29-2010 11:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Corporal Offline
Posting Freak

RE:??Vote for Points rewards

Matrim Cauthon Jr Wrote:I don't think making GM service a possible reward would hurt donating much OR affect the value at the Fairyland service.

Most people that donate would still donate, for OCAs & such.

Fairyland price may drop by 1m or so but wouldn't plummet.

Donating for services is something specific - you can't donate 20 dollars and get 4 services PLUS the OCAs or whatever. So, it would reduce the donations for services, which was my point. Unless we're making GM service cost enough points to actually set someone back a month or so worth of voting, I don't see it as beneficial to the server.

Also, the fairy auction service always has people who want to get it, since it's currently the /only/ way to get it in game. Why would we want to reduce the effectiveness of a zeny sink on an EXTREMELY zeny rich server?

IGNs:

Heii - 99/70 Sniper
Limits - 99/50 Knight
Asira - 9x/6x High Priest
Ruins - 99/70 Whitesmith
Meteor - 99/70 Champion
Toy. - 99/6x Assassin Cross
05-29-2010 11:29 AM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

The server has quite a few zenny sinks already. As well as many things that fetch much higher prices at Fairy Auctions.

And I said it should take alot of voting points. At least 1 months worth.
05-29-2010 05:18 PM
Fabre Offline
Novangel

ok ive read it all. first of all voting for points is a bad idea it causes problems for every one in the end. you can tell because it seems to good to be true, just vote get stuff. i am for the gear of course especially the black glasses since i cant buy red ones and the black ones will be free with just voting and are supperior to reds. so like many i am for these awesome things. i saw a buff scroll idea (+1 to you your brain is working good job, luvs). and if you do make these vote for points to get awesome stuff, please set a voting point value for them so even if it takes people 3 months to get the points for it they can , not every one has access to vote every 12 hours. besides that will keep people voting over a stretch of time, so that there isnt a mass of votes one month then like none for a couple. a constant stream of votes each month is better than a bulk of votes. it will look like your server is constantly good, instead of have ing random good months then nothing for awile, i know that there will be some kind of unfair ity to this proccess and it will ruin or change the market in some manner.

i have found on the many servers of games ive played in the past that once you can get bonuses from voting or donating the game is over for most, in fact i actually found heRO because people didnt get anything for voting, the wings, and the donation system was fair and gave no one any real jump over the rest of the people, it was fair. but as time is progressing i see that it may just turn into one of those games where no-one with out real money has any chance. i know that as a gm and server admin. you are trying to get folks to join your game/community, and i would love to have many new folks join aswell since it keeps me busy, (some play to be awesome, some play to be pretty and social, i play because i have a need to help people and i have made a career out of helping new folks get started, its my purpose in this game.). i have no suggestions for what the points should or shouldnt go for.

i do think we need more mid head gear items, it is one thing i tell folks that we dont have enough of, and i vote every chance i get depending on my internet str. but i do it because its easy to do now and you have that link right to it, not because i think or know i am getting stuff from it. i know that the higher the server is on the list the more people will come to see why its so awesome. and people should just vote as a payment for the game since they pay nothing for it. i mean any consol game charges for the game and then for the expansions to that game, but this game is always upgrading and and stuff being added and the fact its free from the begining, i feal voting alone is the atleast i can do for the person whom this game isnt free for, the GM/Admin. that has to pay electric bills for the crap ton of machines running constantly, plus any money she has to pay to get those machines worked on and such, and i know she uses the donation money for such things but we are not expected to donate nor are we required to do so, and if no one donates for months or so she has to make the money somewhere else, but regardless the game stays up and running. that has to be worth voting, which is the only thing she ever asks us to do for all the work she does.

anyways i am done with this scattered ramblings of opinions and thoughts luvs

"Lady" Fabre, and the house of Luvs.
WS-96, LK-96, SL-97,
Wzd-89, Sge-93, HP-96,
Chmp-90, Rge-94, arch-96,
(@who2 fabre) if you need help with something.
http://www.pandoraonline.net/support/
^short cut,for support ticket^
05-29-2010 09:38 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

@Corp:
+1 to it being appropriately priced
main reason i kinda side-tracked the discussion about voting for gear rewards is that i really think there should be other options as i do not think it is wise to offer gears for voting...
and i totally get the reservations on your side to why offering GM services would not be such a great idea either, so maybe we can find other options that are more suitable...

+1 to most of what Fabre said.

basically to me it all still boils down to "why" we seem to need the votes that badly...

-w-
05-30-2010 10:45 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Thanks for your input heroes, the vote for points rewards were added tonight, can't please everyone but I hope most of you will find something you like. These rewards are still subject to change of course, and it's likely that more will be added over time.

http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=14727

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
06-03-2010 08:48 PM
Naruhodo Offline
Ace Attorney

RE:??Vote for Points rewards

GM-Pandora Wrote:Thanks for your input heroes, the vote for points rewards were added tonight, can't please everyone but I hope most of you will find something you like. These rewards are still subject to change of course, and it's likely that more will be added over time.

http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=14727

Awesome! These awards look great... but still balanced Icon_biggrin

Great job Ok

[Image: tumblr_ox8eztGfqD1rtqyteo1_400.jpg]

I'm back?
Naruhodo, 99/70 Champ
Naruhodo Ryuuichi, 99/70 Whitesmith
Edgeworth, Sniper
Lawrence Moe Curls, Bard
Father Totoro, Priest
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2010 09:53 PM by Naruhodo.)
06-03-2010 09:52 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...
Nobody answered.
Can we vote from multiple locations (i.e. home, school, library etc) to get
that many more votes/that many more points?

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2010 02:14 AM by Général_Argos.)
06-04-2010 02:13 AM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

i dont think you can..
i often forget to vote when i'm home so i temp to vote when i'm at intership..
when i get hom it just status how much hours left to my next vote, so i dont think you can vote more then once per 12 hours (unless you vote on several accounts i guess)

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
06-04-2010 05:17 AM
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

Well, it reads IP too, i think. I tried once since i have a main and a sub account, it shows that the user of that IP has just voted so it's not possible to vote in a few accounts using 1 IP. Of course, i'd only tried it once, so correct me if i'm wrong.

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
06-04-2010 05:26 AM