Poll: READ THE THREAD FIRST!
Idea1 is ok
Idea2 is ok
Idea3 is ok
None are ok
I don't care is ok
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
pvp room with spawns // A pvp town // A pvp map
Galt Offline
Lurker

RE:??pvp room with spawns // A pvp town // A pvp map

The Legendary Joe Wrote:
Aaronock Wrote:If only we could get it set where pvp would work vs Dark/Light properly...>_>
Because it's always fun when??you have friendly fire in Mass Battle. Sutpid homuns =p
Yep, always gotta hate those stupid team-killers. Friendly fire off!

Also, should the PvP towns be implemented, they should also have randomized warps for the town during that time, since it wouldn't be fun to be spawn camped.

Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
05-17-2010 06:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

RE: pvp room with spawns // A pvp town // A pvp map

I was more thinking of a reset of the save point when a map is chosen by the rng. Everybody with a save in the town would have their spawn point reset to the default one (top right, behind the church, in prontera, I believe).

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
05-17-2010 06:27 PM
Zaratus Away
Bastard

Since I guess this is one of Krim's more serious suggestions/polls, I am going to talk a while about stuff and try to throw in a few ideas.

First of all, "Show Results" show me:
Motenai_Ronin: Idea 3 is okay, None are okay, I don't care is okay
Why can't people vote properly?

I like all ideas. We're not talking about constantly pvping. To go in detail:

Idea 1 (PvP room with monsters) - I don't understand why anybody is against that. The next step is that people want to forbid PvP rooms at all or what? If you don't want to use a pvp room with 10 monsters, don't go there. You won't get hax drops in there nor hax exp, it's pvp. It's simply a feature like any other PvP room, it will not influence ANY gameplay for any of the nonpvpers around.

Idea 2 (PvP in towns) - I like the idea, if you don't want to fight, stay away that one week during nighttime. Taking out the noob towns and setting a min level for pvp completely takes out teaming people constantly. Of course this needs to be deactivated before, during and after WoE times to give people time to prepare without interfering.
The only problem I see is that this wouldn't have much attendance since you normally don't go to let's say Einbrooch just to PvP. All in all it's a fun idea which would probably doesn't have much influence on PvP content - since simply nobody will go to those towns since we couldn't take any popular ones. Good idea, hard to realize "attendance" though.

Idea 3 - I don't know, apparently people aren't aware that there are no 90+ maps around. Kasas are 85, so no thors. Flame Skulls are 60, so no Nameless. Plasmas are below 90, so no Odins. Rhyncho and Draco are below 90, so no nidhog. Eremes is 87, so no Biolabs. Any other ideas for "high-end" dungeons?
After reducing required level I would suggest toreduce the PvP time per Map on like one full day per week - "blocking" certain level spots for one week seems a bit harsh. But come on - how often do you meet other people while your training (and we're neither talking Anubis or Nameless). To me, happens once in a blue moon.
If you don't feel like taking a risk on you, simply don't go there a day. Now you say "but it's the only day I can play with _______ per week" - you're unlucky, other people can never join ToH and don't get any compensation. Okay, that's too harsh? Rotate the day - like every day which is dividable by 6. This makes not-going on the map completely plannable (AND GOING there, since some people might want to have fun!). We can even go a step further and remove exp loss on those pvp maps - if that's scriptable. And you don't drop equips on death.

In my opinion it is quite sad that people vote against new PvP content since there are always ways how to avoid it, even Krim tried to reduce the times. To stress it again, we're not talking about full-time pvp everywhere, I am trying to construct something that is avoidable by everybody who doesn't want to pvp without much (or any) hassle/hindering while giving the people who WANT to pvp the chance to have some fun outside of the "usual" PvP rooms.

Ayantis 99/70 High Priest
Draven 99/70 Sniper
Mordred 99/70 Whitesmith
Yuugi Hoshiguma 99/70 Champ

Shop closed due to HeRO being uninstalled.
Feel free to ask me for MSN or stuff.
05-17-2010 07:16 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Krim needs an option that says other.
I only voted the option I did because I wanted something else entirely. :]

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
05-17-2010 10:32 PM
sonar0m Offline

what about som way to enable or disable it like an item that auto accepts a "map dual" with a raised number.

[Image: 2vxg4n5.png]
-sonar0m
heads fly, imagination fly's, imagine your head flying.
05-17-2010 11:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

Since we can vote for multiple options, I used a yes or no means to whether I vote something or not.

No to Idea 1, no to idea 2, yes to idea 3, Yes I don't really care whether or not its actually introduced, yes it may actually be dodging a big ole bullet if none are introduced.

Blame the system.

edit: If my opinion has any weight here ya go: (don't blame me if ya wanta flame me)
I might actually explain why i said no to idea 1 and 2, if it weren't for the fact that I don't really care and that i'm kinda against change of this kind (see none are okay)

But to not seem like too big a bigot I say yes to idea 3, i think it has the least impact on the casuals who aren't interested much in pvp, and may even let who-gets-what monster on those maps issues solve themselves by having players duke that out. (folks not into those monsters on those maps can kill them on their other maps)

Idea 1. Monsters in a pvp-map? To me 1 and 3 are a tossup. If you have 3 why have 1?

Idea 2. Never want to see this. Towns have always been safe havens to me. If folks want to duel in towns, that's why we have @duel

edit edit:

Maybe Aaronock is right. An other option sounds like something I would've picked too. Sorry my "vote" was so confusing.

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2010 11:20 PM by Motenai_Ronin.)
05-17-2010 11:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

bump

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
07-11-2010 06:11 PM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

Tbh I think a Nameless 1st style map (or Nameless 1st itself with no EXP/Gear loss) would be fun to pvp in. I love the design of Nameless 1st. So many places you could plan an ambush.
07-11-2010 10:17 PM
Firenotes Offline
Did you get that thing I sent you?

I think it would be amazing if somehow a woe castle be accessable at all times with eco function and guild dungeon turned off. To give us a mini woe pvp trial map to play woe with no other benifets other than keeping the castle for a short amount of time. Or to get people use to woe and have fun while doing so. Just a thought ^_^

Grim Skellington ~ HW ~ 94/62
Grim Reaper ~ Sniper ~ 94/64
Shaft ~ HP ~ 96/67
Grim Jr. ~ Sage ~ 94/50
Grim Savior ~ Paladin ~ 92/61
Undead Minion ~ Creator ~ 91/57
Grimmy Moogle ~ Clown ~ 74/42
07-11-2010 10:56 PM
Corporal Offline
Posting Freak