Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
May 2010 ToH appreciation poll
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RE: May 2010 ToH appreciation poll

Something edible

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
05-23-2010 12:17 AM
Find all posts by this user
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

RE:??May 2010 ToH appreciation poll

Namine Wrote:Something edible

D: He doesn't taste very good though. Eeew, purple flavor.

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
05-23-2010 12:29 AM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

Played as a 98 sinx. I enjoyed the monster trial today, although I can understand why some people probably thought it was too easy. I was just pleased because it's the first time in 5 ToHs that I managed to beat round 4. No1

Item trial seemed harder than usual. KSing has always been a problem in my experience, both on the giving and receiving end (I'm built for sbk and I don't know how to cancel the cast, if I even can -- sorry anyone I accidentally KSed! Sorry ). Not sure what can be done about that, if anything. Is it possible to randomize the item lists that people get so that we're not all hunting for the exact same set of items? For example, nobody needed items from Tao Gunka, Garm, or Turtle General today, but they were spawned all over. If some people had had them as targets, we wouldn't have all been fighting so hard over the others. That's the best I can come up with at the moment. Thinking

Echoing everyone else's opinion of question 1 and "siblings" being acceptable. That was disappointing. I thought the questions were varied enough to give everyone a chance, though. And I appreciated the bonus questions; it's nice to make each ToH varied, and I think it encourages participation in the trivia round if people are kept wondering whether they might get lucky!

Mass PVP battle was awesome but I really wish there was some way to eliminate team-killing. It's supposed to be Light vs. Dark, not a free-for-all. :/

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
05-23-2010 01:18 AM
micer Offline
I Burn Trees

Aaronock Wrote:Commenting as a non ToH player today.??I am a professor main typically, I only see problems finishing the first round with Strouf as a prof, and running like hell in the round against Kat probably webbing and running and spamming magic rod between steps lols.??I MIGHT have problems with the 5 Owl Dukes, but it might be doable.??All rounds should have been more doable by a Hi Wiz since they have amp to help with some spell casting and have decent AoE.
Please consider these things in the future would be my suggestion.

I ToH'd with as a prof. I agree, having to kill 10 stroufs in 2 minutes while they had 50 mdef was a huuuge stretch, even with a Staff of Piercing. The owl dukes were fine for me. I just webbed and bolted away. The wiz killed me as I was unprepared (forgot to hotkey magic rod), so I'd say that was my fault.

As for item trial, its hard to collect so many items with a caster since casting takes some time, and our ranges are shorter than those of snipers, who pretty much just DS away at everything. Also, for the future, nerf tao's anti-magic. Please. I don't want to have to resort to using a dagger of counter to kill those damn things.

IGNs:
FlySwatter
Yorick
Roadkill
Black Hayate
and so on...
05-23-2010 01:42 AM
TPC Offline
I like pie

I don't have a problem with trivia being hard and that its questions that only part of the server population (players playing a specific class for example) would know. The trivia has as far as I know always been considered a bonus round, where if you're lucky you can get more points to hit a better prize if you didn't do well in the earlier rounds. You're not supposed to get more than at most one or two right, if you get any at all. There should only be an easy question here to compensate if something was messed up earlier, for example a monster trial round where they underestimated some monster and no one could beat it.

However missing answer that should have been correct is never good. If you know the answer you should be able to get it right. You don't have enough time to try sister if siblings didn't work.

Yonanja Wrote:I just can't see how fortunes kiss (+crit) equals Bragi (+cast speed/-delay), or is there something else that ties those together?Icon_biggrin

Yes, this:
http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?sk_nam...rch=Search

My chars: TPC / Tjuven / Dansare / Sinne / Magiker / Byracka / Krigare / Andreas
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2010 05:01 AM by TPC.)
05-23-2010 04:57 AM
Yonanja Offline

Still think it's a longshot saying they're equivalent to each other, but ok, guess that's what they where going onIcon_biggrin
05-23-2010 08:44 AM
Lunch Offline
Tasty Omelette.

Hmm.. When a poorly equipped gypsy (= worse version of a sniper) is cabable of getting 40 points in Monster trial, I'd say it was too easy for any ranged class. I think the rounds should've been made a lot more balanced, including the "Mini" Boss with overbuffed spells. Not a chance to run from unless you have a peco or a skill such as backslide etc.

Quote:I actually found the trivia questions to be unbalanced for the most part. Consider that some people are newer or only play one or two classes. IMO asking class-specific questions gives some an unfair advantage. I also found that there wasn't enough time to type an answer. I'm sure others had the same problem but half the time I'd type and hit enter just slightly too late. I type pretty fast so that's a bad thing. People who type slower didn't have a fighting chance.
Yeah, I agree with this.

Regarding priest/dancer questions, of course I knew them (only two classes I main) and even though I did type the answers correct, apparently i was a second too late because I'm not all that fast a typer. The short answering times are stupid, it's not that anyone will have time to look up the answer on RMS even if you make the answering time 5 or 10 seconds longer.

Also the timing between questions was annoying with all the waiting, and suddenly it then pops up out of the blue and you aren't even left with time to think of what the question is about.
05-23-2010 09:12 AM
Vergil Offline
Drooping-Vergil.

Antimind Wrote:Monster trial was pretty balanced for the most part. I played a 95 BS, first ToH. Honestly I expected something harder. Had I been playing??WS I'd say some monsters were too easy. For pre-trans melees I'd say they were about right. Had to have been hell on casters though.

Item trial was a cluster****. There were so many ranged classes by the time melee would get on top of a monster and hit someone would already get a hit in a half second before. At times mobs were fine. Other times it was difficult to get an open target.

I actually found the trivia questions to be unbalanced for the most part. Consider that some people are newer or only play one or two classes. IMO asking class-specific questions gives some an unfair advantage. I also found that there wasn't enough time to type an answer. I'm sure others had the same problem but half the time I'd type and hit enter just slightly too late. I type pretty fast so that's a bad thing. People who type slower didn't have a fighting chance.

The questions that I thought were excellent/fair are these:
Which card protects from brute monsters by 30%? orc warrior
What is the % damage taken by a ghost 2 property monster from a neutral attack? 25

Lastly, a gripe. Answering siblings to the first question didn't count. Many of us answered siblings which IS correct.

I agree with Antimind. The Item Trail was just INSANE! Being my First ToH I was surprised as hell when 30mins was reduced to 5mins in the time I had to REMEMBER the item list, Right it Down! (yes i did this /swtIcon_wink FIND NPC'S located miles away from each other to make a certain item, find out what droped what! (i know, it was kinda obvious what droped what./hehIcon_wink

All this in the Wrong kind of map imo. Funny enough, there was very slim chances to get the items which required alot of other items in time without KSing/swt or some Crazy High ASPD Sniper bowing the Crap outta everythingSweat Am not encouraging KSing or am I saying that Snipers were being unfair.....even though it was kinda unfair on the classes we all know.

Monster Trial....yeah, it was fun, BUT you Gotta stop, lol, putting those Hax Mini Bosses.....1 JT LVL OVER 9000!!!! sent me flying with OTT-OVERKILL! I didn't even get a chace to attack or runSweat

other than that, monster trail was fine for my first timeNo1

Trivia was very rediculous with the time to answer and i mean Rediculous... 10 secondsQuestion Mark sorry thats too fast. I aslo dislike alot of Class specific questions for obvious reasons. I aslo agree with Lunch, time between questions was way too long, if people was talking, tell'em to shut up! And questions had the tendency to pop up randonly without enough time read-think-click-type-Press!

Mass-PvP Fun but very stupid how you can attack your own team -_- Gms need the power to place us in 2 Partys...Light and Dark..no more

Well, thats what I can think of to say at this moment of time Great Job overall to the Gms and hosting it was fun....But I didn't get my wings! The first time round.Cry
05-23-2010 11:03 AM
Trapper Offline

Two of my Friends Participated in TOH.
But They Didn't make it to their TOH Gear.
As One of them Was a Sniper Continuosly Getting dc.
And the Other Wanted to test His Champ in Toh. :o
The Sniper Said he made 20 Points and the Champ made 40 Points.
Even Though The TOH this Time Was Balanced.
They Couldn't Make it.Sweat

AFK From Game.
05-23-2010 12:26 PM
GM-Azote Offline
The Ban GM

I've just read your comments about my latest ToH and I got things to explain:

Item trial being harder than Monster trial is OK. See it another way. It has to compete with the PVP side where average player gets out with 25 points. If you get 35+ in Item trial it's because you deserved it. No1

For the question set I heard your words. Nothing to argue with. Some questions were disasters.
If you have any tool to get an answer from anything else than your mind, the time will be set so you cannot investigate elsewhere. (@mi, @ii, websearch, etc.)
Time is set so you cannot enter an answer more than once or twice, especially with numbers.

For Monster Trial, I don't like the Ayu way of thinking that with brand new monsters, you have to interact with it a specific way without having a clue of it (exemple, anti-azura Muspel bosses, mushrooms with 300 int, etc.) so it's not gonna happen with me.
I heard well about magical resistant monsters. I'll use less of them in the future to give every class a better chance.
However, I do believe that getting 50 points should be harder than it was. I underestimated the general level. I'll raise the difficulty level on next Monster Trial. Whistle
Last thing about it, I like to use the boss wave as a divider in between "good" characters and "very good" characters. If I don't pick another bio3 monster you can just expect something worse. Icon_twisted

[Image: Azote.gif]
HeROwiki
Support tickets
05-29-2010 09:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed