Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Noblity Powerup?
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Noblity Powerup?

i think something that should be done about nobility is that there should be a certain threshold per rank of amount of royal bullion donated to the king.

example:

25 bullion to acquire baron rank
50 for count

though i will say that the higher ranks like duke and prince or whatever the other ranks are above two lowest should still require competition to acquire, but i'd expect there to be tons more barons and baronesses and knights
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2010 12:37 AM by Frogboy.)
06-09-2010 12:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

I don't feel like quoting so bear with me.

@Corp: I think it's even worse that lower headgears are beating the gems. And it's perfectly on topic to bring them up. They failing to compete with something that shouldn't be stronger than them under any circumstances yet...there you have it.

Plus, you brought lowers into it before I did.

As for the other stats: I said it before, a few exclusive stats don't change the fact the gems are getting beaten left and right these days. Especially since, other than Hp/Sp, they aren't that great. And Hp/Sp only works out well if you have a ton of it due to it being % based (And those two stats spent two years being useless before I poked the GMs about it)

And if they're balancing gears out with each other, why not tweak nobility so it can actually compete with the other gears?

@Frogboy: That's for another topic Sweat Although it would help A LOT if Nobility was in set amounts instead of a donation system.

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2010 12:57 AM by Fruityla.)
06-09-2010 12:54 AM
Corporal Offline
Posting Freak

Nobility system is based on competing with the others on the server. If we let the ranks be set numbers of donations, it wouldn't be as strong of a zeny sink. I mean, if someone got kicked off the ranking list, they'd continue donating until they got their rank back (if they were active, at least).

However, my main point is even regular nobility is pretty strong already. With a high number of points, I don't see why the new mids should be an issue anyways.

Edit: Nvm I'll just put it in a new post.

IGNs:

Heii - 99/70 Sniper
Limits - 99/50 Knight
Asira - 9x/6x High Priest
Ruins - 99/70 Whitesmith
Meteor - 99/70 Champion
Toy. - 99/6x Assassin Cross
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2010 01:05 AM by Corporal.)
06-09-2010 12:57 AM
Trapper Offline

I Got +6 Flee from the Nobility Gem.
As i Took the Flee option.
AFAIK Which is not available from any mid headgear.Ok
But the Rest of the Current option seems useless to me.
So i will Agree With Fruityla.Icon_biggrin
As we always want something more.Sweat

AFK From Game.
06-09-2010 01:03 AM
Corporal Offline
Posting Freak

Quote:Plus, you brought lowers into it before I did.
I brought them in to compare the balancing between new and old gears. You were the one who began to compare them to mids, but whatever. Continuing on~

Quote:And Hp/Sp only works out well if you have a ton of it due to it being % based
You're wrong.

Quote:And if they're balancing gears out with each other, why not tweak nobility so it can actually compete with the other gears?
That's like saying "oh man, I can't believe I slotted my alice card in a buckler. Now there's stone bucklers and valk shields out! I want a card remover so I can put that card into a better shield now." New gears will always continually raise the bar, and it's up to the players whether they want to keep up with strongest items or not. The new mid gears still don't offer some of the things that nobility does, which is why nobility still holds its ground, whether ranked or not.

IGNs:

Heii - 99/70 Sniper
Limits - 99/50 Knight
Ruins - 99/70 Whitesmith
Meteor - 99/70 Champion
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2010 01:09 AM by Corporal.)
06-09-2010 01:06 AM
WolfRaven Offline

As I am new to this server, it seems to me that this is a useless twist on the game because there are no rewards for reaching certain points.

I'm not entirely sure what point the current ranks are at, but you could have a rewards system based on points and then keep the ranks on top of that, giving the ranked players the "nobility" they get ingame, f.e. the birthdays and such.

The rewards would be like achievements, so you would for example...

Attain X amount of points: gain blah.
Do this quest: attain points or itemz.
Kill these monsters alone in a solo map [no items will be dropped except for mvp drops (not the normal drops, just the mvp drop)]: gain points AND blah.

Stuff like that would be somewhat more useful than what we have now, because then EVERYONE can get it without it being subject to 10 out of the hundreds of people that play.

Also note that this would entice more people to do this custom part of the server. The reason why I make the point that there should be a reward system working in sync with the nobility is because in all the advertisements you, the server and gm/admins, like to entice people with the ability to become a noble with the "nobility system".

The only flaw is that the nobility system is extremely flawed, because you're using it to draw people in, yet for the people that join, it's extremely hard, if not impossible to become a noble within the first week you join, unless you get funded.

I'm just gearing this towards noobs, but be wary as I am one, and I tend to lean towards things that benefit myself as well as others.

In the long run, I have to say that most players are noobs and they would benefit from something like this, it could be a gateway to add more exp quests to the server, which can be a good or bad thing, but considering Ragnarok Online in general, quests are usually always a good thing.

That's just my 2 cents for now.

-Wolf

Malzahar-RO
Post Count +1-Duck
Quote:Stop saying stuff is common sense, it's a guide, guides are don't have a law to follow not to be common sense.
06-09-2010 01:20 AM
Corporal Offline
Posting Freak

RE: ??Noblity Powerup?

Matrim Cauthon Jr Wrote:@Corp Making the Nobility Gem better would increase demand, hence an even more effective zenny sink.
Even so, why would anyone attempt for ranked nobility then? The current reason is the ability to pick off two of the bonuses, instead of just one. How would you balance it out such that the current (and future) ranked nobles aren't shafted entirely? Three stats? Being able to stack up the stats for a pseudo vesper card in mid?

By adding in your form of ranker, not only are you effectively screwing over the reason to get ranked nobility, but you're also deterring anyone from attempting the top ranks, which would probably hurt more than it would help overall.

IGNs:

Heii - 99/70 Sniper
Limits - 99/50 Knight
Ruins - 99/70 Whitesmith
Meteor - 99/70 Champion
06-09-2010 01:34 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

imho we should "upgrade" the benefits of being a noble by holding more "just-nobles" event...

that would seriously affect higher end gameplay in several ways, namely;
1. people will sink more zeny into nobility because there are more reasons for them to want it

2. people will stick/play/use to a particular character more, if not then they will have to get more chars to noble, which takes us back to point 1 (which is a good thing, remember)

3. sure it will create "some" jealousy, but hey it's the same thing with high end gears, slotted mids, etc. The good news is, if 1 holds true, this route will actually sink more (much much more) zeny than V4P or the hatter...

4. the nobles will become a somewhat tight-knit group which transcends guilds or allegiance... and this will lead more ppl to want in which leads us again to point 1...

-w-
06-09-2010 01:37 AM
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

WARNING. GIANT WALL OF TEXT.

Corporal Wrote:That's like saying "oh man, I can't believe I slotted my alice card in a buckler. Now there's stone bucklers and valk shields out! I want a card remover so I can put that card into a better shield now." New gears will always continually raise the bar, and it's up to the players whether they want to keep up with strongest items or not. The new mid gears still don't offer some of the things that nobility does, which is why nobility still holds its ground, whether ranked or not.

Yet they've updated the Heroic Helms because there were newer gears out powering them and they wanted to make them worth going after again. Hmm. Plus, it's failing to complete with older gears in cases. Not just newer.

Dumping hundreds of millions and losing my bonus and being forced to dump MORE is nothing like the shield thing at all. At least I don't run the risk of losing my Alice Buckler to someone else.

And uh, where do you see people trying to rank these days at all? That's holding ground to you? Hell, I don't think there's that many bothering to get nobility at all. That sounds like the zeny sink just failed epically to me. The fact there's a crapload of inactive people on there, who have been for ages, says that people don't bother with it anymore.

It's because it's not worth it and we know it. And again, Why bother with Nobility, which is intended to be a zeny sink, at all when I can get the same or better in non-sinking ways without the risks nobility has. This is why I'm saying it needs an update, to make it worth our while again.

I say either change the gems or the system. Honestly? I prefer the later. I guess I should have suggested that instead of to change the gems then huh? But I was trying to hold off on that for my own reasons and instead try to work with the current system.

Now to address something I actually agree with (to an extent)

Quote:Even so, why would anyone attempt for ranked nobility then? The current reason is the ability to pick off two of the bonuses, instead of just one. How would you balance it out such that the current (and future) ranked nobles aren't shafted entirely? Three stats? Being able to stack up the stats for a pseudo vesper card in mid?

By adding in your form of ranker, not only are you effectively screwing over the reason to get ranked nobility, but you're also deterring anyone from attempting the top ranks, which would probably hurt more than it would help overall.

That was the hard part. Finding a way to "power up" the unranked and still make it worth ranking. For ranking specifically, there was also trying to justify hundreds of millions being spent on it. The DEF and MDEF was supposed to achieve that, but whether or not it succeeds...I dunno.

Either way what I posted was intended to be a very lose example.

And you totally went through my thought process for the examples with the three stats and allowing stacking XD

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2010 02:38 AM by Fruityla.)
06-09-2010 02:37 AM
Mort Offline
Jens is NOT from Jennifer :P

I agree the upcoming V4P headgears will probably push nobility even more to the edge of interest, as you earn 4 points every 24 hours, meaning you need not even two whole weeks at ideal conditions for current June headgear, while for nobility you work your ass off for months. People won't bother. And ranks? From a new player's perspective, I'd say it must look discouraging for them to see the top ten who probably are too far ahead with minimal chance to catch up to them, and knowing that the headgear they get for months of work can be overpowered by stuff that is IMO too easy to obtain, well I'd say they'd probably say "screw this".
Hell, if I wasn't missing just 12 gold to get that stuff, I'd say screw this too.

So what to do about it? Maybe add new ranks, or expand slots for current ones, add a bit of power to the gems to make them worth while (which imo is the biggest issue, compared to the possible V4P stuff they pale in comparison) and/or nerf the V4P headgears both by altering stats and making them a LOT harder to obtain than just 50 clicks. I disagreed with the V4P gears from the start, but well, pragmatism wins as always. And well, I lost to pragmatism too.

Quote:If you say 'plz' because it is shorter than 'Please' then I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.
06-09-2010 04:16 AM