Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do people only buy VVS weapons?
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

RE: Do people only buy VVS weapons?

Well, i remember reading that VVVS gives additional 40 damage, or was it 20. I can't remember, but it's in my mind that VVVS has a really high attack bonus.

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
06-18-2010 05:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Yonanja Offline

VVVS gives +40 damage
06-18-2010 06:36 AM
TPC Offline
I like pie

I use a VVVS main gauche when leveling a new character, its pretty useful since it allows me to go to spores right away at level 1/1 (with some cheap healing items), to get to job 10 in just 10 kills. After that I'm not sure if they're very useful, if you're going for a WS weapon you're better off with an elemental VVS, the extra 30 damage from ranked VVVS isn't that much compared to the extra damage you get from 50% 75% or even double damage due to the element, and still later in the game carded weapons are much more useful than WS weapons. This is especially true if you're using skills like bash or mammonite, since the extra damage from VVVS isn't factored in into the damage calculation of those skills.

My chars: TPC / Tjuven / Dansare / Sinne / Magiker / Byracka / Krigare / Andreas
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2010 06:55 AM by TPC.)
06-18-2010 06:52 AM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

I've never understood the appeal of a VVVS weapon. The difference between 5 and 15 damage is the fact that you have a problem with your build if you're missing on your attacks.

VVS Ele or nothing (only because it makes the forger feel better about his/her rank).

And after reading the above post, I just grab a +4 Princess Knife, cap out Dex, poke stuff, and boost str afterwards. If you really need to shave those few extra seconds off killing Poporings (or whatever), then I guess VVVVVVVS is better.

That and carded + ele converter >>>>>>>> BS weapons in terms of damage output, etc etc.

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
06-18-2010 07:00 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Rogues either go bow build to maybe hit a majority of monsters or magic if you effing dun wanna be a nub and miss.

Sinx is either go SD to not miss or get stuck missing on some of the higher flee monsters sometimes.??

Marivel obviously doesn't play a lot of thief classes to see missing happen occasionally even at higher dex marks.??I'm sitting at 60 dex and still miss on certain monsters I fight every now and then. I even grabbed Vulture's Eye a few levels to further improve hit, and yet even at 162 or so total hit I still miss shiz.??Must obviously be n00bing hardcore! ;O;

Guess I should whore snipers like she does Mad

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
06-18-2010 07:14 AM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

@Aaranock's Logic: [Image: gar2fy5.gif]

I dumped a lot of Dex onto my Rogue (which was 98 and banned a few years ago) thank you very much. Fighting those swords in bathories with a piddly little knife takes effort you know.

But we all know you're noob Dani. So it's ok <3.

In ultra simple terms, the difference between a miss (5/10/40/whatever) and what you hit when you actually do connect (700-2k on a double attack) is [Image: kruemelmonsteryn0.gif].

I totally stole Azul's photobucketness.

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
06-18-2010 07:35 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

meh no sense in making VVS MGs imo... make a +9 quad diligent OA and both your lvl 3 novice as well as your 99/70 WS can pawn with that stuff...

-w-
06-18-2010 08:18 PM
dhL17 Offline

RE:??Do people only buy VVS weapons?

Irxallis Wrote:I wouldn't count on selling a non-VVS ele weapon for a high price. There is always 'a' value of zeny you can sell something, but I am not sure if you will recover zeny put into making them.

greattt thanks. that's the answer I was looking for.
06-19-2010 01:59 AM