* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
June 2010 ToH appreciation poll
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: June 2010 ToH appreciation poll

10 Erend...really? LOL as a prof I'd be forced to Web+Double Bolt each one, kinda annoying but probably doable for prof better than hi wiz.

7 Hodrems, not a fun one for sage/wiz but I could see where it's doable by trans versions. Still a hard round.

Did you even listen to complaints about mages last time, cause it comes off like you didn't really read about them.

Seriously keep the holy/shadow mobs down on the lower ends of ToH, you're just effing mages from even thinking of participating, cause unless you guys want to bump timer to 3 mins in early rounds don't expect mages to get 10 points. This isn't even about lack of skill at this point, you're just purposely dicking them over. 5 Incubus I remember one time was too much for my prof to Web+Bolt each one, and screw the idea of trying to get them SC'd or I'd have no aloe leaflets left for PvP.

JUST STOP GIVING RESIST BASED MONSTERS IN EARLY ROUNDS IT IS NOT THE SAME AS GIVING HIGH MDEF ONES WHICH AT LEAST STAFF OF PIERCING FIXES!!!!!

On a final note for profs:
Not like prof can bring more than 5 converters either to even do elemental monster change to water or fire, so another suggestion would be allow profs to bring more converter scrolls of their elemental change skill they have (to like 20 would be enough for monster rounds of ToH). In other words let's say I have elemental change: fire I should be allowed to bring 20 of that type to ToH, but maybe our drawback would be we cannot bring other kinds. This could help Prof's also in Item to an extent. Right now though they are one of the WORST classes to take, as Wiz right now at least can handle poor elements a little bit easier with grav field and magic crasher.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
06-19-2010 06:48 PM
Find all posts by this user
micer Offline
I Burn Trees

^ what she said.

IGNs:
FlySwatter
Yorick
Roadkill
Black Hayate
and so on...
06-19-2010 09:24 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

<= voted balance anyway for monster trial cause it was still better than last month overall as a whole

I didn't vote on the other 2 section as heh we never agreed (and probably never will agree) on how those 2 sections should be run anyway.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
06-19-2010 09:27 PM
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

Side Note: Isn't the point of the poll and thread destroyed when the GM asking votes balanced for everything? That screams "I'll let you suggest stuff but I think it's balanced so I won't listen anyway" to me.

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
06-19-2010 09:54 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I love you Brooke Love!

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
06-19-2010 09:59 PM
Lunch Offline
Tasty Omelette.

Oh please, we can almost already guess what the next miniboss will be in the monster trial..! It's gotten dull that so many minibosses recently have all been from bio3. Are they gonna repeat in an endless loop or something? Instead of miniboss, just name it the Biolab Phase. I'm just pretty disappointed how unimaginative it is. Apart from that, I liked ragged zombies and ice titans. I didn't know titans have been appearing before, but it was a good choice for phase 4 either way.

Demogorgon Wrote:It seemed to me that you are pretty much screwed if you pay much too much attenton not to killsteal.
Yeah, I absolutely agree with this. Many accidents happen too though, as there's really no time to check if someones actually fighting the monster, or just hit it accidentally etc. It's just really, really hectic, considering the crazy amounts of items we were made to collect! I really think the item limit should be put back to normal 20-25 minutes, and lower the requirements, or seriously get a bigger map where people can spread up a little.

Nothing to say regarding PvP, I missed over half of the matches, but Trivia was really good this time. It was somewhat also nice without bonus questions. Mass PvP was pretty interesting indeed, however, would be interesting with less erroring, obviously.

Overall: I don't think it was better or more balanced than earlier ToHs.
06-20-2010 05:06 AM
Mort Offline
Jens is NOT from Jennifer :P

Well, I can't even vote on monster and item..

4 too easy and 1 insanely hard don't make a balanced on monster..
and my description of item trial, see my review above. Just a huge mess and lagfest, that's something that doesn't fit into any of the three categories.
Maybe split it into multiple instanced maps..but seriously, 80ish people in Alberta clone is WAY too many.

Quote:If you say 'plz' because it is shorter than 'Please' then I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.
06-20-2010 05:35 AM
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

well
the 5th phase is not a miniboss phase anymore
since those creature from bio are not mini boss. they're normal monster
so it's indeed a biolab phase

about the error in mass PvP~~
i think it got something to do with the full instaler
(somehow i use full instaler and still cant see spire from some random gear)
06-20-2010 10:26 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

reading mostly what Aya said, really makes me think perhaps there should be a revisit into calculating total points for TOH... since priests and babies/novices get bonus points, perhaps hunter/sniper points should be calibrated towards the other spectrum? or do we really expect only sniper LK WS to excel in TOH? Because 2 out of the 3 "main event" seems to be pvm, and well short of making custom mobs which undo the pvm legacy gravity gave to those particular classes i don't see TOH ever being balanced enough to really allow class variety to flourish...

looking at the items, i think the idea itself was pretty good, but perhaps it would have been better if garms were not necessary in two items, so the initial request for cold breaths could probably have been substituted for ifrit or tao gunka drops... and other than allowing easier items access for casters and limiting range superiority in said lag fest, perhaps other temporary/more manageable mitigation schemes might work like more defender skills or make toh bacsojin even more annoying by giving her pneuma too Icon_twisted

anyhoo, looking at the questions i think trivia was a bit hard, but it's definitely very well thought out Ok

-w-
06-20-2010 11:08 AM
Landon Offline
Snappin necks, Cashin Checks

I think there should be a kafra between monster trials imo

Hercules 97 High Priest
Shepard 99 Whitesmith
Hawk 98 Clown
Barossa 97 Professor
06-20-2010 09:04 PM