Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
June 2010 ToH appreciation poll
Krumb Offline
Lazy Cartographer

RE:??June 2010 ToH appreciation poll

Landon Wrote:I think there should be a kafra between monster trials imo

No. If you do that people could sneak in a bunch of restricted items like stat foods. If you limited that to having to leave and come back it slows down the process too much. Finally, one wouldn't be forced to ration their equipment and healing items over the course of the trial. If this was allowed, the GMs would have to seriously ramp up the difficulty, giving veteran and wealthy players an even bigger advantage over everyone else.

"Don't be a dick"
06-20-2010 10:41 PM
Find all posts by this user
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

RE: June 2010 ToH appreciation poll

+1 to everything that Krumb said...

the whole point of TOH compared to regular pvm for me was that i had to prepare my rations properly, something very different to how i usually play my monk (warper asura bwing repeat)... so yeah, rationing limits you, so it tests your ability to excel within those limits. Same as in RL, we know there are limits and restrictions, but it doesn't mean we can't flourish Ok

-w-
06-20-2010 11:00 PM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

Sounds easy. Erend AI is too stupid to stand still against a half decent sniper. Seyren is luck based (dodging a non-angry spear boom vs angry spear boom) for most snipers.

As I said in the last poll, stop being predictable.

Trivia looks better than it normally does. I probably would've gotten half of those.

/totallydidntgo

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
06-21-2010 06:57 AM
Herman Offline
Tank of your Dreams

imo there should be breatholizers inbetween rounds to let you know if you should stop because you're going to wander off for 2 hours and when you get home still think you got back in 20 minutes >.>

retired except for..

the Herman Zeny Sink event of 2011.. 3.5b drained and
counting..
06-21-2010 07:02 AM
GM-Azote Offline
The Ban GM

A player asked me what rank he was with the Quiz to fight the lvl 13 baby novice in PVP, so here it is:
http://i45.tinypic.com/wqu2pw.jpg

Aaronock Wrote:10 Erend...really???LOL as a prof I'd be forced to Web+Double Bolt each one, kinda annoying but probably doable for prof better than hi wiz.

7 Hodrems, not a fun one for sage/wiz but I could see where it's doable by trans versions.??Still a hard round.

Did you even listen to complaints about mages last time, cause it comes off like you didn't really read about them.??
Actually, I avoided using high mdef monsters but I didn't think about elements being a problem. I'm sorry about that. I will fix it on nexts.

Lunch Wrote:Yeah, I absolutely agree with this. Many accidents happen too though, as there's really no time to check if someones actually fighting the monster, or just hit it accidentally etc. It's just really, really hectic, considering the crazy amounts of items we were made to collect! I really think the item limit should be put back to normal 20-25 minutes, and lower the requirements, or seriously get a bigger map where people can spread up a little.
Item was meant to be doable in 30 minutes rather than 20 minutes. 50% more time with 50% more loots to collect. I believe that it's more fair this way to players unlucky with the drops.

We have a project to enhance Item Trial which involve a new map. It's coming at the speed new things are coming. I can't reveal more about it yet.

Zaratus Wrote:Trivia .. Iunno. What I really appreciate is the lack of bonus questions. The questions seemed quite easy, but few people got them I guess.
I had 6 questions prepared in case I messed up one for any reason. Questions were also "more general" such as "no class specific question" which I think enhanced the balance for everyone to have a chance.

Some questions were meant to be a trap, especially the one about "hero cake hat" which I expected most players to keep trying "cake hat", and they did.

Mort Wrote:Mass PvP - yeah, same impression as last time. If I say item hunt is a bug mess, then mass PvP is a huge ass mess, effect-, lag- and error-wise.
Not really a "who's better" battle, but "who errors out less" battle.
To quote one of the dark heroes after the battle, "Gravity Error - Light's secret weapon."
Unfortunately I cannot help with this at all. We are aware of the situation but the general game codes aren't from us.

I crashed once on round 1 and twice on round 2.

Fruityla Wrote:Side Note: Isn't the point of the poll and thread destroyed when the GM asking votes balanced for everything? That screams "I'll let you suggest stuff but I think it's balanced so I won't listen anyway" to me.
lol'd

At first I though it was balanced, otherway I wouldn't have set it as is.

I'm somehow satisfied of the amount of players killed in Monsters, or players who had to run through, getting 5 points. May ToH was filled of 10s almost all the way except last phase. Item Trial was slightly harder which was more even with PVP. Players in PVP rarely end with 50 points.

[Image: Azote.gif]
HeROwiki
Support tickets
06-21-2010 10:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

You lol at me?! Mad

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
06-21-2010 06:22 PM
GM-Azote Offline
The Ban GM

Fruityla Wrote:You lol at me?! Mad
"I'll let you suggest stuff but I think it's balanced so I won't listen anyway" made me lol. That's the kind of comment I could say as a player toward a member of the staff.

[Image: Azote.gif]
HeROwiki
Support tickets
06-21-2010 07:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

It was an example to help my point. What I was trying to get at is to me it looks bad for you to vote in your own poll asking for player input that you're taking into consideration.

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
06-21-2010 08:48 PM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

This was my first ToH and even though i scored REALLY low but i enjoyed it alot (though i could only finish monster and item trial ~_~)

monster was fun, if i knew what mobs would have been there i'd come on my HP XD anyway... monster yeah good

item trial...... NO
it was to hectic WAY to much people on a way to small map, i got really frustrated because i couldn't even see who was killing what... maybe make several maps where you either spit people over when there are above a certain amount of people joining ToH, or different sized maps where you putt everyone on depending on what amount of people joining that day...

anyway hope i can join again soon :/

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
06-22-2010 05:25 AM
proto Offline

????To me, monster was fine. I attempted to kill Seyren but his spiral did 2k more damage then my max hp Icon_sad.

????Item trial... I had a hard time and only got 27/50. I thought it was balanced, but snipers got to everything before I did Icon_sad.
??
?? Trivia... 0/5... Yes, I'm a noob. Thought the questions were good. I was mad at myself for not getting nemma. I blame it on having to wake up early for toh!

?? Thanks to light winning the battle, I ended with 77 points, my worst ever Icon_sad.
Next time I'll try with my sniper though, since I got KSed way too much in items.

??????Thanks Azote for a fun ToH/no1

Is this real life?
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2010 09:49 PM by proto.)
06-23-2010 09:47 PM
Thread Closed