Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pandora's box unleashed (Or how we HATE cheaters)
Tenshi Offline
•(The KutleRY)•

RE: Pandora's box unleashed (Or how we HATE cheaters)

so i hear the chances are less than winning the lottery...
so yeah...

[Image: 180da8wb2.gif]

I am the stone that the builder refused
Amicule, deliciae, num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
04-03-2006 10:08 PM
Find all posts by this user
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

May I request that the character "Naru" be lowered to the appropriate level, have it's password changed, and not be banned? It was a guild-alchemist that I started for people to use and make potions with. I'm not sure if you can figure out what it's "legitmate" level is, but it would be appreciated...
04-03-2006 10:15 PM
GM-Scott Offline
The one you love to hate

Sheepdude Wrote:This is a surprise.

Someone told me about the exploit a while ago (20th of March to be exact). I didn't say anything about it because I didn't want to get that person banned, though.

What's really a surprise is that half of my guild was using it without my knowledge. It was that much of a close-guarded secret that we didn't even tell each other. I thought it was just two people.

After I reached 95, that person offered to level for me. I agreed since I'm on computer probation and can hardly play, so I used the exploit to get from 95-97. (Well, someone else used it for me, since I don't have access to it).

I apologize for not reporting it, and especially for using it myself. However, one thing I would like to say is that my guild commander, Alexander, was in the dark about this. He is an honest, hardworking player, and no one told him because he would never condone exploitation. While half of Angel Empire seems banned because of this exploit, I'd like to point out that the heart of Angel Empire had nothing to do with it. (In fact, I thought it was just two members using it, not seven or whatever).

Anyway, it might not be a possibility, but if you COULD, I would still like to play on Sheep. Even if you reduced him to a level 1 novice with no equips, I still want to play as Sheep, and stand by Alexander.

Obviously you guys are pissed about this, and I understand why. I can only say that I'm sorry.
Wow, I'm impressed. Really.

So there are people that actually take their responsabilities, assume their acts and don't flat out lie about everything?

That's a refreshing change from the rockdinary...

It's not "guys only", it's "heroic"!
04-03-2006 10:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Chaossoul Offline
Banned

what about meeeeeeeeeeeeee look at my exp its enough its all there! and i still wana c the proof bathazard@hotmail.com
04-03-2006 10:19 PM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

RE:??Pandora's box unleashed (Or how we HATE cheaters)

GM-Pandora Wrote:Below is a list of all the people who are getting a PERMANENT BAN for abusing of this bug with one or more of their characters (in bold are the characters we cought so far and around them all characters associated to the cheater).

If you are not on this list but have abused of this bug, know that we will find you one day or another. If you wish to come forth and confess & appologise, you will get temporary ban and some level loss intead of a permanent ban.

Why are you being so lenient???Why not IP/Perma-ban all offenders?

It's not like any of them have actually reported it.??Now they can rest assured that instead of perma-ban, they can get a temp ban and level reduction, while the the "first offenders" get dealt the harshest sentence.

GM-Scott Wrote:One good explanation is this one : how can someone gain a lever or two without EVER changing his amount of exp? We could blame it on "chance", but at level, say 90ish as a reborned character, it's mighty hard to level a character while having the same amount of exp over and over again...

I can do that.??Takes a bit of effort, but doable nonetheless.

Gotta love the edit button.

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2006 11:59 PM by Ultima_Pi.)
04-03-2006 10:21 PM
Sheepdude Offline

GM-Scott, I'm more impressed that people DON'T own up to it after they've been caught red-handed.

You guys run a really great server (aside from people abusing this exploit). I've played on a lot of crummy servers, either with awfully old ragnarok implementations, or guild-biased GMs (which I can't stand).

This however is a problem of user abuse and not of GM abuse. And I can live with that. I just hope you and your team can continue to run the server as you have.

[Image: signature.jpg]
04-03-2006 10:24 PM
Chaossoul Offline
Banned

I AGREE with sheep but i refuse becuase i am of pure lvling
04-03-2006 10:27 PM
Blu3Tig3r Offline
Legend At Work

Wait wait....what's going on? I'm banned....for leveling in a illegal area? You gotta be kidding me. I mean can you recheck the list? I didn't do anything I swear! Honest to God, I worked EVER SINCE you guys made this server. And now I'm banned for something I didn't do? I'm not super super pissed but, please GMs, double check this again.
04-03-2006 10:35 PM
Fionit Offline

Blu3Tig3r Wrote:Wait wait....what's going on? I'm banned....for leveling in a illegal area? You gotta be kidding me. I mean can you recheck the list? I didn't do anything I swear! Honest to God, I worked EVER SINCE you guys made this server. And now I'm banned for something I didn't do? I'm not super super pissed but, please GMs, double check this again.

as they previously said it might not be you but some1 who had access to youre account.

I agree with ultima_pi every abuser shoudl be punished equally..

IGN: Fionit Stalker 95/66

[Image: guildsignature8lo.jpg]
04-03-2006 10:38 PM
GM-Scott Offline
The one you love to hate

Sheepdude Wrote:GM-Scott, I'm more impressed that people DON'T own up to it after they've been caught red-handed.

You guys run a really great server (aside from people abusing this exploit). I've played on a lot of crummy servers, either with awfully old ragnarok implementations, or guild-biased GMs (which I can't stand).

This however is a problem of user abuse and not of GM abuse. And I can live with that. I just hope you and your team can continue to run the server as you have.
Thanks for the good words.

However, I can smell the breath of the accused on my neck for what is in bold. You've been honest with me, let me be honest with you : if anybody did not get the pun, Towel was a playing character of mine. Scott's Towel. It's a brand of paper towel that are/were quite popular in Quebec (Canada?).
[Image: scottowel5bm.th.jpg]
Crummy quality ahoy!

So, Towel has been the Guild Master of Shmoo! from begging to it's "prime time". So yeah, a Lv70 Super Novice was the guild master. Does it makes ANY difference to the guild or whatever... Well no. Because shortly after having acquire "some power" (read: the first castle ever), I was kind of turn down by Shmoo!. Yeah, Shmoo! was never meant to be a WOE guild. It was supposed to be a nobody's super novice guild.

Well, so... You might have been in fury against Shmoo! one time or another and it was a "GM's guild" if you want to be technical. Not that it made any difference, I have much better thing to do on the server than help the guildies bash on others.

Aaanyway, that's my mea culpa.

It's not "guys only", it's "heroic"!
04-03-2006 10:44 PM
Thread Closed