Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pandora's box unleashed (Or how we HATE cheaters)
xXIVI3m0ryIXx Offline

RE:??Pandora's box unleashed (Or how we HATE cheaters)

wow thank you, I swear I won't do it ever again, i am sorry that phrase is overplayed but thank you for understanding. So what exactly is meant by second chances, new character or old character but decreased lvls?
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2006 01:35 AM by xXIVI3m0ryIXx.)
04-04-2006 01:30 AM
Find all posts by this user
Blu3Tig3r Offline
Legend At Work

RE: Pandora's box unleashed (Or how we HATE cheaters)

Wow.....this is tearing friendships apart......dark day for heRO....it's all up to GMs now to decide people's fate. :/
04-04-2006 01:37 AM
Tenshi Offline
•(The KutleRY)•

well Hina if that truly is how you would like me to act and not speak with you again then there is nothing I can do about it.

However you must understand the guild to me was like a family and it just surprised me that some did this (others less so (surprising me by the actions))

And feeling very hurt and in the "heat of the moment" mayhap I have expressed myself harshly.

However I won't amend what I've said. Though it may be hurtful I am sorry, but What I've said is said.

Not that I've intended to hurt you.

Anyhow...

[Image: 180da8wb2.gif]

I am the stone that the builder refused
Amicule, deliciae, num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
04-04-2006 01:51 AM
Former-GM-Aegis Offline
Judge Master Ægis

My my, many things happened while I was outside for the night.

Just a little word Chaos, when GM's are in perfect hide, their names aren't visible in the /who list unless you're a GM of higher level than the one who is hiding, so we can be watching you at anytime and any moment of the day.

If you knew Athena better, you would also know that its possible to do a command named @follow which will follow someone, walk beside them, teleport with them, etc until you cancel the command.

Of course, we normally don't follow people, for we have better things to do, this command is mostly used for bot hunting, but you were presumed guilty and you shouldn't doubt the GM's for we never lied to our players, we only accuse others when we have serious proof, we may jail sometimes when something is fishy but if we notice we made an error, we will apologize to the player.

Indeed many GM's are in different guilds, some are in none (such as myself) but that doesn't mean they want to tear apart angel empire, the reason why a lot of them were targeted was because it was a guild secret.

In no case did we want to point the finger at Angel Empire, we do not want to make them bad publicity or anything like that. The accident just happened around there, thats all, Alexander is not a bad leader and the other members who did never cheat should not have by any mean fingers pointed at them.

This is the problem of a few individuals, we do have proofs, tomorrow they will be posted (i've already seen them) but please everyone, try to be nice with each others.

Many of you who were found guilty were great players who gave some life to this server, im not sure what happened, how it happened, why it happened, but if you are given the opportunity to restart, well why not do it here, you already have friends and peoples you know, its a lot better than restarting somewhere else.

It is also true that free levels were a bait that was hard not to bite at, I guess even I would be tempted to do such behavior, but instead of being upset by what happened to your character, restart a new and just keep in mind that the easy path is not always the best one to take.

I know im not very encouraging, but I know I also liked some of those players, including you Hina, hope you won't leave because of that, you were a nice person, don't let your presence on this server end just because of a single mistake.

For the others, well, its up to you, if yo are not part of those who were officially banned, you still have the chance to start a new!

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
04-04-2006 02:03 AM
GM-Feith
Unregistered

Good post Aegis. /no1

I approve all what Aegis said above. I was shocked at first but then i find rather more funny to see how people react and argue. People lie and then admit... lol

I don't take this too seriously or personally i should say because this is a game and I can understand people wanted to choose the easy path. But now they must assume the consequences of their actions. GMs here tend to be a little bit too slackness in their actions but now we WILL do respect what we decided, there is no turning back. I think this is our chance to prove than we want people to follow the rules and respect each other.

When an acolyte (HealingMist) asks me to recall her outside of the training ground two times and don't save in Prontera even if i just did tell her to do so there is something suspicious about it.... Oh then we discover this acolyte has only Warp lvl 1 and a save point at the training ground...

Then i followed people on the server specially people inside the training ground, i found a novice leveling over then for about 15 mins, then i went to see other players, i go back to this player and this player is now an acolyte. I was like WTH?? how do you get an acolyte from the training ground?

RockLee is asking me to unjail him, he tells me to warp to the training ground like SoulStealer was when he was unjailed. Rock Lee just delog 2 sec after i warp him over there... His character is still over there.... hum hum...

Come on.. we've waited two weeks just to be sure to have enough proofs and players caught in action. Pandora was logged like all day long to catch some screenshots of the players and she added a variable to the code to see how many levels people would get with this bug. We had to keep all of this secret until we have enough evidences.

Cheaters just didn't think that even if your level is getting up your experience on your character remains the same, exactly like the GM command @blevel would do. We just needed to compare the exp from our backups. Too Bad for them. Thank you to GM-Ben for doing this, it took hours of his precious time.

So well, that's it. Good bye for those who got banned.
04-04-2006 03:10 AM
Tenshi Offline
•(The KutleRY)•

will the banned be removed from the ladder?

[Edit]

to those who were in AE

I know some of my words were harsh
But I was just shocked
Some I can forgive (most I should say)
Others I wasn't surprised to see there
Even though it was a mistake
I hope some of you come back
And as a family we ca clean the slate
Start a new.

Of course GMs willing...

[/Edit]

[Image: 180da8wb2.gif]

I am the stone that the builder refused
Amicule, deliciae, num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2006 08:07 AM by Tenshi.)
04-04-2006 08:04 AM
GM-Scott Offline
The one you love to hate

Chaossoul Wrote:cuz i wana c it, gms lie too you know /gg
Well, I think I speak for all the server when I say that this attitude is moronic. I'm pretty sure every player knows by now that the GM team does not accuse people without proofs. And in your case, we wouldn't even need proof. Not to mention you credibility is nearing absolute zero by now...

I find Pandora to be pretty gentle on yourself on this, if I was the one having the screenshots, you would suck on it and have a forum ban right now.

It's not "guys only", it's "heroic"!
04-04-2006 08:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Trismegistus Offline
Dark Priest

Justice is, and should be, blind. Period.

Each and every one of us, agreed on some terms and rules of behaviours and ethics when we joined heRO.

Some broke them, I believe in peer pressure, yet I don't believe, that in this case, it should be viewed as attenuating circumstances.

They know how to read, they know what is wrong and what isn't, you are perhaps truthful in saying you misguided them, but that doesn't mean they didn't understand full well the implications of their acts.

The Devil can't force unto you to do evil, it can only whisper in one's hear... in the end, you chose to cross the line or not.

I think I speak for most of the rule abiding player by saying that I am happy that every cheater was reprimanded harshly and swiftly, and I vouch for every GM on this server, they are doing a great job and are all very interested in the well being and gameplay experience of all of heRO's player.

Guys, don't stray from that path, you are great.

As Above, so is Below...
(Tabula Smaragdina)
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2006 10:00 AM by Trismegistus.)
04-04-2006 09:48 AM
Ryxingeir Offline
waffooo!!

RE:?? Pandora's box unleashed (Or how we HATE cheaters)

Gambit Wrote:Yeah he cheated, the guy is 15 who didn't cheat when you were that age, it's just how humans act it's part of life.
I didn't cheat when i was 15 desu...

as for this entire situation *shrugs and shakes her head*

[Image: so2vjd.png]

[Yuri - baby assassin]  [Coral Ways - high wizard]
04-04-2006 09:55 AM
jman212 Offline

Bah They made Bad choicesIcon_razz Accept the consequences and move on...something like this shouldnt even be given 2nd chances. You guys are lucky..you should take the chance if you canIcon_exclaim

IGetMoney~LoA Forever.
[Image: LoAcopy.jpg]
04-04-2006 10:05 AM
Thread Closed