Poll: what's the best build/weapon for a rogue/stalker?
bow
dagger
sword
caster
reset depending on situation
i don't care
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
what's the best build for rogues/stalkers?
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: what's the best build for rogues/stalkers?

Sorry I really do not like bow stalkers, they are like my least favorite kind out of all of the types you can play. Icon_sad

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
07-16-2010 08:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
T-chan Offline

Psithief Wrote:I demand more talk about bow stalkers. DEMAND!

Why not encourage it by giving your own opinions / ideas then?
I will gladly welcome more knowledge about the topic, even if bow build is definitely not my favourite.

Throw in something that adds to the discussion and I'm sure some will find it interesting enough to at least drop in agreed / disagreed message.

It seems to me that you like / want to know bow rogue / stalker build. If you happen to have such char, please share your know-how. Icon_smile

What makes bow build so special? What is its use? What is it good for?

IGN: T-chan 99/70 Stalker
Timezone: GMT+1

During weekends we can be online 4:00 - 17:00 server time.
During weekdays we can be online 12:00 - 17:00 server time.
07-16-2010 08:38 AM
TPC Offline
I like pie

RE:??what's the best build for rogues/stalkers?

Irxallis Wrote:Only if you have those I would go after Dragon Killer (unless you catch one in Pront for 500-750k) because there are no dragons you can solo in a cost-effective way.

For the record, there is at least 3 dragon killers for 750k in vends in prontera right now.

My chars: TPC / Tjuven / Dansare / Sinne / Magiker / Byracka / Krigare / Andreas
07-16-2010 08:45 AM
Split Ends Offline
o(≧▽≦)o

i want an exorciser or tracker dagger now :3 hurray for dagger rogues :D

tnx for the info anywayIcon_biggrin

agreed. more infos about bow stalkers should be posted here, i failed in starting to heat up that topic and ended up converting into a sword rogue xD and now im going back to being a dagger rogue :D

BREAD is RAW TOAST

[Image: 375d8dddd0e9143a2869cda6fd81b2d2.jpg]

UST-AMV CoA student... survivor
07-16-2010 09:51 AM
Kari Nogashi Offline
Forum Dweller

well the primary use of bow stalkers is this more freedoms to test different builds and stray further and further from the "cookie cutter " builds. i personally love bow stalkers becuse you have mid rate atk speed above average damage and a skill bar filled with skills you actually use. its the pride in making an exceptional character based on overall planning instead of relying on falcons and speed buffs. and the stalker is by far teh sexiest class of them all (boy's cap + romantic leaf ftw).
07-16-2010 10:06 AM
Psithief Offline

RE:??what's the best build for rogues/stalkers?

T-chan Wrote:
Psithief Wrote:I demand more talk about bow stalkers. DEMAND!

Why not encourage it by giving your own opinions / ideas then?

I don't know what my opinions are, they're still forming.

History
I have tried dagger rogue, many years ago. This time around, I still wanted to be a rogue, but daggers were painful and the loot wasn't enough to make up for being so much weaker in PvM than swordies.

Bow?
So bow is my next focus. I've tried stuff out on RateMyServer.net's test server, as a Stalker. Some of my experiences I felt were worth sharing.

Plagiarise and elements
Bowling bash is interesting. However, Bow Rogues/Stalkers don't activate the +10 flee on Thief Rings, which is terrible. I'm not sure if the pros outweigh the cons yet!
Having holy ammunition and shadow ammunition is pretty nice, but having no carrying capacity isn't.
I wonder how Snipers do it.

Offence
You might find this funny/silly, but the game gets more interesting for me if there's more awesome attack noises. So what did I do? I bought a chick hat. Double attack + triple attack boosts a bow rogues damage to 1.7x or 1.8x (depending if triple attack trumps double attack or not) normal. Does it make up for the inability to have 150 Dex? I don't know yet. Probably not.
Rogues don't get attention concentrate, but they do get berserk potions.
More research is required. I shall attempt to compare the powerhouse hunter build to a double+triple-attack bow rogue some time in the future.

Defence
Hide is AWESOME. The defensive capabilities of a bow rogue/stalker in PvM are pretty great, in my opinion. Maybe I just don't like traps! It could well be that I don't like traps!
So, yay Hide, yay Backslide, yay Chase Walk.

PvP
I am not rich enough to even think about PvP yet. Perhaps one day.

I used to play here a long time ago.
07-16-2010 10:42 AM
Split Ends Offline
o(≧▽≦)o

i wish looks can kill. LOL. fashion build FTW Icon_biggrin

well being unique is really great, stalkers do have a big potential to be like that :D tnx for the cookie cutter idea btw Icon_biggrin

BREAD is RAW TOAST

[Image: 375d8dddd0e9143a2869cda6fd81b2d2.jpg]

UST-AMV CoA student... survivor
07-16-2010 10:48 AM