Poll: attention concentrate for rogues, yes or no?^^
yes, it'll bring world peace
capital N + capital O
i don't care, because i'm a troll with aura *rawr*
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
attention concentrate
TPC Offline
I like pie

RE: attention concentrate

Snipers have one big con: They're boring to play.

My chars: TPC / Tjuven / Dansare / Sinne / Magiker / Byracka / Krigare / Andreas
07-16-2010 10:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Psithief Offline

RE:??attention concentrate

Kari Nogashi Wrote:if you gave att concentrate to stalkers then you would be basicly saying " i dont need no stinking party" and thus stalkers become a stricly solo class.

Everyone else is so incompatible with stalkers that nobody wants to party with us anyway!

Or is it just that I level in the wrong areas? Well, we'll see once I hit 99 and get my high-thief thing going.

So many hours away.

I used to play here a long time ago.
07-16-2010 10:45 AM
Niyad Offline
Positivity

New ideas everyday! \o/ Just like when Kari went on his spree a few months ago!

I have a shop.
07-16-2010 11:24 AM
Kari Nogashi Offline
Forum Dweller

>.> <.< i have no idea what your talking about /swt
07-16-2010 12:02 PM
Corporal Offline
Posting Freak

RE:??attention concentrate

Irxallis Wrote:
Namine Wrote:The flee tank thing is more "forcing yourself to have a purpose" as you put it, it doesn't have anything in the high end mvps/dungeons/efficient parties
High end MVPs? Yes, useless. High end dungeons? Disagreed.

Dimensional Gorge? We proved it works well on a 2* sniper + stalker + HP or sniper + prof + stalker + HP team. Nidhoggur1, 2, 3 (except Duneyrr - and only because we haven't assembled the necessary equipment and made several tests yet)? No problem. Add Soul Linker into equation and you have one safe undispellable tank. Thor1? Only salamanders are a problem. Does not work on mobbing parties, but there are more ways to play than that single one, even if they are less efficient exp-wise. But then I don't have to ask @main for the same classes everyone competes for.

Party does not have to adapt to a stalker. Every party is built around a concept who-will-do-what. It so happens that in a party with a fleetank(s) the tactics is different to one with a different mob control.

Many things may work in high end parties, but the point is to do the parties in the most efficient way possible. When it comes down to it, the efficient parties don't really have stalkers, ninjas, gunslingers, etc built into them. There's stronger alternatives which offer better results for any time spent.

For example, you're fine with a LK or Pally tank in nidhog. Dispel just means casting another assumptio, which shouldn't really be an issue if you have a bragi (which is staple for most parties anyways). If you're going thors, you could run down to Thor3 and get a much higher exp/hr, and better drops as well. Heck, even in dimensional gorge (for this SvN), you could power through it with mobbing and storm gusting or even have an SG tank AND kill with the same number of people.

I'm not saying stalker is useless. However, when it comes down to it, stalkers are pretty much for either solo farming, intimidate spam to clear spots (most notably, bio3), or PvP/WoE.

Now, to stay on topic: Stalkers don't need any buffs. They do well on things they're expected to do. Stalkers are essentially a mix between snipers and lord knights, and you can't expect a jack-of-all-trades class to be compete on the same level as specialized classes.

IGNs:

Heii - 99/70 Sniper
Limits - 99/50 Knight
Asira - 9x/6x High Priest
Ruins - 99/70 Whitesmith
Meteor - 99/70 Champion
Toy. - 99/6x Assassin Cross
07-16-2010 03:20 PM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

RE: ??attention concentrate

Namine Wrote:allthisstuffnaminesaidaboutninja

Lower the level requirement for the scarf imo. Mad

I wouldn't mind some fresh gear for ninja and slinger as well. They practically have received nothing new, save that scarf, but with a 99 level requirement- I personally see no use in it unless its primarily aimed at the few serious players of the classes for PvP/WoE and farming.

As for the topic of the thread, I don't see a real justified need for additional skills/gear for rogue class. They have plenty as is, and need to be built right for whatever you're doing with them, and they're just fine.

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
07-16-2010 03:37 PM
Corporal Offline
Posting Freak

RE:????attention concentrate

takhara Wrote:Lower the level requirement for the scarf imo. Mad

I wouldn't mind some fresh gear for ninja and slinger as well. They practically have received nothing new, save that scarf, but with a 99 level requirement- I personally see no use in it unless its primarily aimed at the few serious players of the classes for PvP/WoE and farming.
The scarf is stupidly nice - level 99 is a well deserved restriction.

Back on topic:
takhara Wrote:As for the topic of the thread, I don't see a real justified need for additional skills/gear for rogue class. They have plenty as is, and need to be built right for whatever you're doing with them, and they're just fine.
^I think this summarizes the thread.

Edit: Look into Box of Gloom. It gives attn conc level 1, but it also only lasts like a minute or something.

IGNs:

Heii - 99/70 Sniper
Limits - 99/50 Knight
Asira - 9x/6x High Priest
Ruins - 99/70 Whitesmith
Meteor - 99/70 Champion
Toy. - 99/6x Assassin Cross
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2010 03:50 PM by Corporal.)
07-16-2010 03:41 PM
Rankin Offline
Durp

RE:????attention concentrate

takhara Wrote:

Thats exactly why they were made.

Sorry for offtopic.
07-16-2010 03:41 PM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

RE: ????attention concentrate

Rankin Wrote:
takhara Wrote:

Thats exactly why they were made.

Sorry for offtopic.

I figured so. But with a gear that nice, I'd love to use it to level up. Thinking

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
07-16-2010 03:48 PM
Split Ends Offline
o(≧▽≦)o

ninja, slingers... why did gravity deprave them of being born again /desp and why did heRO deprave them of having good equips like those of LK/Sniper/HW stuffs

stalkers are jack of all trades, +1... i wish they really have something that can prove their role in a party, to be just who they are, not plagiarize some skill that the class from whom it's taken can do it 2x better, right now i can't think of anything

and for the love of --, i would like to complain about tunnel drive, why the heck does it slow you down?? and assassin cross gets 100% of their move speed, who is more dangerous? a sinx doing 32k sb or a stalker who only makes never missing 2k backstab?(dont apply elements on the never miss thingy), now isn't that really unfair?

lv.10 cloaking takes up 10 skill points, then i say give us level 10 tunnel drive! they got gaytooth(sorry if mispelled, my keyboard's fault xD) and we got status inflicting raid which is not mobbing wise, they got poison and FTW (f doesn't mean "FOR") we got painting skills o.o

strip? well thank you gravity for giving us this skill that balances everything with it's 80% chance of failure, again thank you very much xD

oh oh, and ganking... i really wish steal is applicable in pvp Icon_razz

BREAD is RAW TOAST

[Image: 375d8dddd0e9143a2869cda6fd81b2d2.jpg]

UST-AMV CoA student... survivor
07-16-2010 10:21 PM