Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Guild Competition in WoE
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Guild Competition in WoE

God yah WoEing with Death Dealers had a lot of fun moments.
Tripp was a hella funny too.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
08-25-2010 07:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Amara Offline
Head Beast!

RE:??Guild Competition in WoE

Antimind Wrote:RObots are busy holding their fort. They have skill and a bit of the numbers game. Behe atks them and tries to take their fort. More limited in the skill dept but def have the numbers (largest on server).

Pre-trans same deal. BS is the controlling guild and has been for ages. They're a mix of their own people, most of Behe, and on occasion some Ordo.

A bit of correction here: Today was the first WoE since Fatality left Behemoth that we've actually had more people on for WoE than RObots. And skill assessments are largely based on personal opinion, so I'm not going to get into that. And only 2-5 behemoth usually WoE with BS, and no Ordo, as far as I know.

Xev's basic assessment of WoE was correct. Two large alliances fighting over the two castles. One changes hands often, the other rarely. The fighting is pretty constant, though. No matter which guild you join, you'll find fights on your hands during WoE, but nothing like officials. I've heard people compare WoE here to pvp but with more people in it. Rather than one massive, raging fight, you find small pockets of fighting, more concentrated as you approach the emp room of a castle.

Alts and Stuff: Amara, Lenala, Jenarra, Korana, Nanna, Navara, Valara, Terrana, Arana, Liara
08-25-2010 11:30 PM
Antimind Offline
Elitist Thug

That's highly untrue. There have been WoEs where the forces of FNP and RObots combined didn't reach those of Behe. Not every WoE but quite a few.

Again as I said in my first post in this thread, a LOT more than new players needs to be done to make WoE worth it here. There just aren't enough forts open for guilds like KoL to stand a chance. I'm sure they're WoEing because they want to do it and would like a chance.

WoE on officials varies. It depends on what fort you're after, who's holding, and what god item part drops from said fort. Some are large battles with multiple, unallied alliances working together to bring one force down. Others are just GvG or alliances trying to mess with each other. Then there are the jokes of the server that get a fort just to have it taken by 2 people at the last minute.

[Image: smokies-sig.png]
08-26-2010 11:05 AM
Amara Offline
Head Beast!

I've gotten confirmation from guildies that my memory isn't playing tricks on me (which can happen, lol). Last WoE was the first Behe numbers were greater than RObots numbers since Fatality was formed. If you count ordo, sure that changes, but that's not what I was referring to. Regardless, this isn't crucial to this discussion, really, and I'm done arguing about it.

I really think WoE here has to be experienced before you know if you like it or not. If you want to ask more detailed questions, or post with things about WoE you'd like, I'm sure people would tell you if heRO has them, or give their opinions about it. HeRO WoE isn't bad, necessarily. Its just different than a lot of people are used to.

You could also try to make a low level something or other and just tool around castles to see what its like in WoE, to see for yourself. Maybe if you wear a tux, or talk to a WoEing guild, you won't get killed, or could join their party to help prevent getting killed.

Alts and Stuff: Amara, Lenala, Jenarra, Korana, Nanna, Navara, Valara, Terrana, Arana, Liara
08-26-2010 06:44 PM
Child of Bodom Offline
The Satelite

I like woe because it really brings a guild together. It makes the Guild try to think as a group and plan out how there gonna deal with a problem. Take our small but growing woe group for example. We've WoEed for the past few weeks, took geffen and payon a few times (usually with no one defending them but we still feel proud about it) and we are faced with the problem of how to beat those higher lvled/geared ppl we always seem to face. Answer: Throw bodies at them until they get bored or run out of Pots or get a lucky kill in. But that plan will be thrown out when we are actually geared and get more exp woeing. The heRO Community then will tremble when Lunch time comes around. Icon_twisted

Animal Path 99/70 Sniper
Asura Path 99/70 Champ
Deva Path 99/70 LK
Human Path 99/70 CLOWN
General Bo 96/67 WS /gg
Raine Sage 99/70 HP
My Name Is Phil 99/70
Jin Kazumi 98/69 LK
Boromir 83/59 Pally
I'm a Champ 93/50 Monk!
The Lionhawk 86/50 Wizard
Strip 76/48 Rogue

Im going to stand out above the crowd. Even if I got to
Shout out loud, Til mine is the only face that you'll see,
Im gonna stand out, til you notice me
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2010 11:07 PM by Child of Bodom.)
08-26-2010 11:04 PM
Antimind Offline
Elitist Thug

...and I like tossing you cursed to break an emp Bodom! Dunno if you remember that but I thought it was funny when I was killing everything comin in including your guild while letting you break (and providing help to do it). I hope you guys do get it together soon then it won't be so *yawn*

I still think that server needs more forts open so the smaller guilds can have a fair shot at one. There really isn't much room for WoE to grow with the current situation.

08-26-2010 11:28 PM
Corporal Offline
Posting Freak

More castles will just spread out the competition more and make WoE less interesting.

The only way for WoE to grow is to have all the smaller guilds allied together *as a completely new side*, rather than ally themselves with the two larger ones.

*edited for clarity

IGNs:

Heii - 99/70 Sniper
Limits - 99/50 Knight
Asira - 9x/6x High Priest
Ruins - 99/70 Whitesmith
Meteor - 99/70 Champion
Toy. - 99/6x Assassin Cross
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2010 11:40 PM by Corporal.)
08-26-2010 11:39 PM
Amara Offline
Head Beast!

I'm not sure about whether more castles would help WoE. I kind of wonder if it would just let the more powerful guilds hold more castles and still hedge out the smaller guilds. It'd just be a timing issue with sending out last minute breakers to take the smaller guilds' castles. You know Behemoth, RObots, and Fatality would not be content holding one castle each, were more opened up. And we can all spare breakers from a main castle to secure last minute breaks. So I'm not sure it would help the smaller guilds WoE.

On the other hand, just because the larger guilds would be more spread out, the smaller ones would have a better shot at owning a castle. I don't think that chance is as good as lots of people think it would be (unless we're talking open all the castles). It would be neat if the castles dropped individual, unique correct god item drops like they do on officials.

I think Xev's right with the comment that we just need more WoE-ers to join HeRO. There's only so much that can happen with the overall same group of people over and over before it gets to be a pattern which could be perceived as boring for some folks.

08-26-2010 11:46 PM
Antimind Offline
Elitist Thug

THAT is a good point. If forts had different loots that would def make it worth taking some and leaving others. Smaller, newer guilds would probably be happy just to get a fort no matter what the drops are. Larger guilds that already have god item components would have to actually fight to finish a certain item.

TBH at this point fort loots really aren't worth a damn to us. We can get better stuff outside of WoE. A good majority is just "junk loots" not really worth fighting over. Only nice thing about having a fort is it makes GD access a lot easier. Some people actually like to level pre-trans toons in GDs. I've seen leveling parties down there before. It really isn't bad exps for pre-trans.

More forts may cause some guilds to go for secondaries. At the same time having more forts with different drops WOULD provide smaller guilds with an opportunity to take one or more. Bigger guilds would be too worried about getting or defending what they need to care. That's actually how it rolls on officials. Nobody bothers with the crap loot forts cept the small guilds.

All of the forts would be way way too much. Maybe five though, that would be a great number for heRO. It would allow for WoE growth. Numbers alone won't do it. When people join looking for a WoE guild they almost always end up in the established WoE guilds.

08-26-2010 11:55 PM
Neuneck Offline
Back on the road!

RE:??Guild Competition in WoE

Aaronock Wrote:God yah WoEing with Death Dealers had a lot of fun moments.
Tripp was a hella funny too.

Ok

It was fun dying in that immense LW precast, and an awesome feeling having taken them down (together with Behe back in the days).

Mr Moe - 99/69 SinX
Mr Satch - 9x/6x Clown
Mr Power - Xx/Xx Whitesmith
Mr Strafe - 9x/50 Hunter - Coffee Break
Mr Heal - 9x/50 Priest
08-27-2010 12:20 AM