Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Guild Competition in WoE
Corporal Offline
Posting Freak

RE:??Guild Competition in WoE

Antimind Wrote:All of the forts would be way way too much. Maybe five though, that would be a great number for heRO. It would allow for WoE growth. Numbers alone won't do it. When people join looking for a WoE guild they almost always end up in the established WoE guilds.
While I do believe that having more castles open provides new guilds more opportunities for success in WoE, I still do not agree with opening more castles. As you said, "When people join looking for a WoE guild they almost always end up in the established WoE guilds". Either way, most people will end up joining the established guilds, leaving the smaller guilds with little to work with. The end result would just be more castles with fewer players in each, which would just make WoE more boring?

For the moment, I don't see this as a good suggestion. However, if we were to have a new guild join the server altogether, then this might be an option.

IGNs:

Heii - 99/70 Sniper
Limits - 99/50 Knight
Asira - 9x/6x High Priest
Ruins - 99/70 Whitesmith
Meteor - 99/70 Champion
Toy. - 99/6x Assassin Cross
08-27-2010 12:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Antimind Offline
Elitist Thug

RE: Guild Competition in WoE

Problem is new WoE entire guilds won't join the server. I've asked friends who have guilds lookin. WoE here just isn't enough to attract WoE players. The current situation obviously isn't working to attract more people to WoE or to the server for WoE in general. Shame too since not many if any others actually have pre-trans. I think that's a nice feature.

WoE is typically what does attract people. What makes heRO unique is that more social types seem to be attracted to the server. Of course there's the occasional rage-quit officials or WoE server types but more of a rarity. Still with the current situation there really is no room for WoE growth... Aside from current guilds just getting larger and nobody goin anywhere.

Perhaps there is a solution. Prolly the only way to find it would be if the GMs sat down and had a meeting with guild leaders and officers to figure something out. Other than opening more forts and maybe changing loots or making certain fort(s) off limits to larger guilds (a gentleman's agreement sort of thing).

[Image: smokies-sig.png]
08-27-2010 02:58 AM
Corporal Offline
Posting Freak

The issue I see with the current system is that there's two major sides and two castles to work with, so we're at the same stalemate as Seraph vs Behemoth a while back. We /could/ cut down the castles down to one, but that would deter the growth even more. If we were to increase the castle count to three, then one of the two sides would just end up with two castles at the end of WoE.

Yes, the current situation may not allow for growth, but it doesn't mean there are no changes that could be made to allow for it. All it takes is for a group to tip the balance and not join with the major guilds, but no one is willing to take the leap. If anything, the problem lies with the current player base, and not with the numbers of castles or any possible GM changes.

IGNs:

Heii - 99/70 Sniper
Limits - 99/50 Knight
Ruins - 99/70 Whitesmith
Meteor - 99/70 Champion
08-27-2010 01:01 PM
Antimind Offline
Elitist Thug

That is why I mentioned having some sort of agreement between the larger guilds if a new fort were to open. Not to touch it but to leave it for the smaller guilds..

[Image: smokies-sig.png]
08-27-2010 01:03 PM
Shikari Offline
Br?

Best way for woe to get picked up again, imo, Robots split into 2 guilds, someone make another new guild, and FN/ordo break alliances. Then open up 2 more castles.

4 castles to 6 guilds (7 if KoL ever officially joins the scene).

Also disable the ability to make guild alliances -.-

The major problem in this server with woe is the fricking alliances. Any new guild that shows up allies either of the "main" guilds. Eventually new guilds get bored of helping the other and it always being the same thing, feel they cant do it on their own, leave.

Oh yea, and about 70% of the people who woe are the same people who have woe'd since server began, in case anyone hasnt noticed.

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
08-27-2010 01:58 PM
Corporal Offline
Posting Freak

And the only way for the the new fort to thrive is with a third and fourth side attacking it, especially if the larger guilds can't touch it. If we had more than two major forces fighting each other, then this "problem" would already have been solved.

IGNs:

Heii - 99/70 Sniper
Limits - 99/50 Knight
Ruins - 99/70 Whitesmith
Meteor - 99/70 Champion
08-27-2010 02:01 PM
Landon Offline
Snappin necks, Cashin Checks

RE:??Guild Competition in WoE

Shikari Wrote:Oh yea, and about 70% of the people who woe are the same people who have woe'd since server began, in case anyone hasnt noticed.

Umm.. there's only about 10 people who play from when the server began...

Hercules 97 High Priest
Shepard 99 Whitesmith
Hawk 98 Clown
Barossa 97 Professor
08-27-2010 02:14 PM
Shikari Offline
Br?

Server is like 5-6 years old, most are from the first 2 >_>, first 2 years is pretty early.

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
08-27-2010 02:18 PM
Sakurato Away
Full Support Copycat

This discussion is sooo pointless. Nothing is going to fix woe no matter how many castles you open or close or how many guilds break alliance w/e.

There's just not enough people interested in woe. There hasn't been and there probably never will be. Hero doesn't have the mentality to attract woe players. People cry when someone gets called retarded. People cry when they die in pvp. People cry when the slightest thing goes wrong and start reporting people left and right lol. Hell people still cry I pot in pvp. The general population on hero acts like a bunch of babies that can't handle some fun trash talking or competition. Even people make whine threads about someone stealing their MVP I mean come on could you get any more stupid.

Maybe if hero grows up and learns how to take a joke and realize it's all just for fun we MIGHT just get some new woe comp. Maybe even from within the server itself :>.

Oh also the gear gap :D

Kohana|Sinx
Euphorie|Champ
Sonatina|Gypsy
Sakurato|High Priest
Nozomi|Whitesmith
Sakura|Professor
Frejya|Sniper
Ayami|Creator
Anei|Stalker
Fumiko|High Wizard
08-27-2010 03:07 PM
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

Honestly the biggest problem is people end up intimidated. We have 2 castles open and a very few well built guilds fighting for them. If your a new player your options are literally join one of them or fight the near impossible up hill battle to reach there level.

Honestly I think opening 10 castles would do it. Too many for just the big guilds we have now to defend them all without horribly spiting there forces, while allowing newer guilds to be able to participate as they would be happy with only once castle their unsplit force would be roughly the same fighting strength as the split force of a large guild.

My point being greed for castle control should in itself allow smaller guilds the ability to gain a castle themselves. This will allow for more items to be gained by newer players, which should help close the gap somewhat but mostly, and hopefully. People might be motivated to do so if they think they have an actual chance in hell of succeeding.

Amara as always is correct in that the main problem would be last minute breakers. However if possible I may have an idea to fix that. Is it possible to have the end timer for WoE to be random or rather the length or RO. Set it as something like 55minutes to 115 minutes long. Thus the defender has the advantage of only having to defend till the end. While any last second breakers run the risk of it ending early and them missing their chance or going too soon and allowing the newer guild to reclaim their castle.

This of course may??be completely impossible but im sure between the GM's and the Players a system could be thought up that would make Last Second breaking somewhat harder.

Oh and before you go *boohoo* "What about trying to reclaim your guild last second your idea makes that harder for them." My response is simple, the goal of this thread I believe was to discuss options to improve our beloved servers WoE Competition, its not about making it easier its about making it more fun for everyone.

((Fates note: Wrote this at 7am with no sleep any errors in grammar or the idea's itself is probably attributed to that, if something I said makes no sense point it out and when I wake up ill try to clarify.))

[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2010 04:23 PM by Avalon_Fates.)
08-27-2010 04:22 PM